When exactly will the servers close?

1 minute ago, Smashero said:

Do you have time to see your kids? ;)

Oh yes. :)

To add some relevance - I think Guerrilla is a laidback enough company from what I hear, I think if somebody cared, and that somebody would hunt trophies for a hobby... they would come here as well. They would have the time. I think a good explanation is that management simply just doesn't care about Killzone, the maintenance of the servers and the ever changing EU laws about online services make it a liability, things that operate the game are a multitude of legal stuff, licence agreements with external companies (say, GameSparks, I don't know if they're using it, but it's being discontinued and switching to another service is a messy process, people lose online progress, etc.). I think most people who deeply cared about Killzone's online play are just not there anymore or have little to say about it. The decision was made by somebody who has to weigh the financial and human cost of maintaining and supporting a failing online mode (even in these days I had matches with 2 people, that's telling). Ultimately, it's not about somebody coming here, because that somebody was likely not given more information than the players or was just tasked to promote Horizon instead (as seen on their social media - a brief notice, followed by a barrage of Aloy fan art). That's how things go.

• Like 3

Just now, XNQtionr said:

I think they've just shut-down

5:11AM Eastern time.

All three my consoles got kicked. Good spot for it to turn off right as I'm about to max the first of the three DLC abilities, woulda been real mad if I had done two of them and got booted.

Now I get to go home and go to sleep.

Just now, mcnichoj said:

All three my consoles got kicked. Good spot for it to turn off right as I'm about to max the first of the three DLC abilities, woulda been real mad if I had done two of them and got booted.

Guessing they were meant to go 10am gmt+1 but someone overslept lmao. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcnichoj said:

u got jack of all trades just in time lol

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Confirmed, even the Standalone version of the Intercept DLC has gone bye-bye. EDIT: The MP map bundle is still there but everything else has gone.

how do u access elite difficulty now? the season pass was removed from the store

16 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

how do u access elite difficulty now? the season pass was removed from the store

If you don't have the Insurgent DLC, you can't play the game on Elite Difficulty :(. That trophy is obtainable for people like me who bought the DLC years ago before it was delisted but is unobtainable for anyone who buys the game now.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If you don't have the Insurgent DLC, you can't play the game on Elite Difficulty :(. That trophy is obtainable for people like me who bought the DLC years ago before it was delisted but is unobtainable for anyone who buys the game now.

I own the season pass but deleted the game its not on my console anymore

now the season pass isn't showing up on the store

1 minute ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

I own the season pass but deleted the game its not on my console anymore

now the season pass isn't showing up on the store

there is no sense in keeping season pass in the store. 

how about the base? 

can you re-download insurgent in case I deleted it?