[SPOILERS} So, did they confirm [SPOILER] is a bad guy? [DLC]

Ashande

I haven’t gotten to the newest DLC yet (and it will be a bit longer; have a pile of games I need to finish and get Stranger of Paradise’s DLC off my plate first), but curious. Did they lean into/confirm

Spoiler

that Vesper is the Big Bad of the DLC after all?

If so, was it done well, or was it just schlocky BS? Worth doing?

I didn't get that hint at all from any of the DLCs, I just watched the ending and thought to myself "what was that all about?". To be honest, I found the story across all 4 DLCs to be very flimsy and forgettable with no real bearing on anything else in the game. If anything, I found Vesper to be a bland and somewhat pointless character who was just there because reasons and served no real purpose.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I didn't get that hint at all from any of the DLCs, I just watched the ending and thought to myself "what was that all about?". I found the story across all 4 DLCs to be very flimsy and forgettable with no real bearing on anything else in the game.

There’s several lines of dialog during DLC 2 and 3 that imply that the character in question’s powers are locked or hindered in some way, and you’re letting them loose. The boss of DLC 3 also seems quite fearful of the idea, implying something’s up.

10 hours ago, Thrillhelm said:

[…] poor concept of highway robbery, a long shot from great Borderlands DLCs of the past.

While I agree it’s not up to the standards of Borderlands 2’s DLC by any means, I don’t know if I’d call it highway robbery. I’d still put DLC1-3 as better than Moxxi’s Underdome in Borderlands 1, and they’re certainly not horse armor levels of pointlessness.

36 minutes ago, Ashande said:

There’s several lines of dialog during DLC 2 and 3 that imply that the character in question’s powers are locked or hindered in some way, and you’re letting them loose. The boss of DLC 3 also seems quite fearful of the idea, implying something’s up.

While I agree it’s not up to the standards of Borderlands 2’s DLC by any means, I don’t know if I’d call it highway robbery. I’d still put DLC1-3 as better than Moxxi’s Underdome in Borderlands 1, and they’re certainly not horse armor levels of pointlessness.

I don't remember any of that - it just goes to show how boring and forgettable I found these DLCs (as well as being a complete rip-off for the paltry amount of content you get).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 9:34 AM, Ashande said:

Charging $9.99 for asset swap levels with no story or side-quests is highway robbery to me. Changes nothing to pull out the foul apple of Moxxi's B1 DLC in a great lineup of DLC across all Borderlands parts.

Gearbox continues to sabotage their best franchise.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thrillhelm said:

Charging $9.99 for asset swap levels with no story or side-quests is highway robbery to me. Changes nothing to pull out the foul apple of Moxxi's B1 DLC in a great lineup of DLC across all Borderlands parts.

Gearbox continues to sabotage their best franchise.

I can actually get behind this a little. For the 30 or 40 dollars you get 4 hours of repetition. Compared to a lot of other games where youd get 8 to 16 hours with extra world building for the same price. This DLC should have been at the very least half the price. 

I cant really comment on borderlands 1 and 2 because I got the dlc free with the remasters. Wasn't a fan of them pulling out a 2nd season past for 3 though. Gearbox getting greedy. 

• Like 1