Servers Have Now Closed

ResiGamer_28

43 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

But its clear you have no problem with companies doing shitty things and take more issue with people being upset about it.

giving 3 weeks is not a company doing something shitty. be grateful they gave any notice at all

3 weeks was adequate time because A LOT of ppl were able to get it done in time

and for those unfortunate enough (because of whatever personal circumstances) not to get the trophies in time... tough luck? they had 9 or 10 years to do it

blaming guerilla, wanted to bombard Sony with emails, starting petitions or whatever crybaby antics suit their fancy, is all shitty behavior on the part of the procrastinator, not the developer

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

really? this is a 9 year old game. mercenary was 10 years old. people had LOTS of time to play it

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I don't know English very well, so I use Google Translate.

First of all, both the console and the game cost money. So is the Internet. You also need a place, a TV. There's nothing for free. This kind of talk pisses me off that someone was x years old for something. Even if they were giving it all away, but it is not so. Everything costs. Second, you may not have time. There are tons of games and little time. Third, you may also not know about the game. Anyway, it is not known what to play first, because how to predict which game will be closed first. Such information about the closure of servers should be at least a month before the closure.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, M-C83 said:

Shadow fall shouldn't have closed plain and simple. Its a PS4 game first party. Playable on PS5. Was still played by thousands. Shocks me how this is so acceptable by the majority audience. How much shit do we have to take from these big companies. Hope everyone made it in time. Happy gaming! 

Hearsay about the number of people playing aside, the amount of people playing wasn't enough, hence it was shuttered. It's simple business.  The commentary about sony keeping shadows fall alive years past its prime before closing it being "taking shit from big companies" is beyond delusional.

• Like 3

On 2022/8/13 at 9:47 AM, MonaSaxPayne said:

really? this is a 9 year old game. mercenary was 10 years old. people had LOTS of time to play it

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I bought the season pass on may 23th. I don’t have lots of time playing it. I don’t even have 3 full months. If Guerilla announced the server shutdown 90 days earlier I wouldn’t buy it.

A warning 90 days prior is definitely nesessary

Edited by archangeltw_
  • Like 2

On 13/08/2022 at 3:01 PM, jgm4789 said:

Plus, this game was included with PlayStation plus extra. I can understand shutting down mercenary since the vita was dead in sonys eyes but shutting down a marquee game thats included not 2 months into the launch of the service is just astronomically stupid and just bad timing. 

I strongly agree. Adding it to the service only to announce plug being pulled not even 3 months after inclusion leaves a bad taste. They should have increased the shutdown time left to make up for it, to 3 months clearly. Even 2 months if they want to be stingy.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Richtoon said:

Someday it will be revived by team PSONE or different team like how PSONE revived KZ2 with their own private servers by put DNS numbers 

It doesn't matter if the servers get revived. The official servers are down so these trophies are unobtainable now. If you care about the leaderboards here you can't get these trophies anymore because you get flagged when you unlock them on an unofficial server.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

Just now, ShadyWARcotix said:

It doesn't matter if the servers get revived. The official servers are down so these trophies are unobtainable now. If you care about the leaderboards here you can't get these trophies anymore because you get flagged when you unlock them on an unofficial server.

That's not accurate. We have several fan servers approved in the leaderboard rules for earning trophies on unofficial servers.

• Like 4

On 12/08/2022 at 11:03 PM, Gloom12356776543 said:

Yep didnt played it for a long time... but not because I didnt liked the game nor the MP... I didnt finished the campaign because my PS4 back then died with all the saves, so I didnt have the nerves to start over ? and I didnt came back yet cause I have a huge Backlog of probably 600+- games now (PS2,PS3,PS4,PS5,PSVR, PS Vita, Xbox OG, X360, Xbox One, WiiU, 3DS, Switch) and I have even more less time than back then... ? But I eventually wanted to platinum Shadowfall in the future, and for the MP part, I actually played it 2 years back with a friend for a good few days just didnt get any trophy, and my best friend just got his PS5 few weeks back and I was gonna convince him to buy so I could play with him ?

2 tips:

1. Stop buying so many games.

2. Look through your backlog for any games that already been out a while that have multiplayer/co-op trophies, and add 'em to your playlist. Getting those online trophies out the way on a few of those titles will spare you more pain in future. ?

13 hours ago, JunkSkelington said:

Hearsay about the number of people playing aside, the amount of people playing wasn't enough, hence it was shuttered. It's simple business.  The commentary about sony keeping shadows fall alive years past its prime before closing it being "taking shit from big companies" is beyond delusional.

Pretty much this. As someone who was still playing KZ most weekends with a group of friends the player count had been low for a long time, and since the start of this year it dropped to barely anyone playing.

I think the boosting/trophy hunting had wound down too as the number of custom servers was down to no more than a handful. Sothe server closure announcement wasn't a surprise to us.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GezB-686 said:

2 tips:

1. Stop buying so many games.

Bad advice. Keep buying games. Games are good. Games across so many consoles is awesome. However, with lots of games... this will happen. 

General chatter:

I reinstalled both PS4 Killzone games. I tried to get motivated every night to do some online, but I just couldn't. I just wasn't feeling it. I did end up doing 1-2 maps a night and did get those 2 trophies done, but that was it. Never got anything in Intercept, which is fine. I did try co-op but could never find a partner, lol. 

3 week is enough time if you have time to dedicate. However, 3 weeks is really not a fair amount of time. 30 days Minimum, 60 preferred. Clearly A LOT of games are shutting down right now, some with lengthy grinds. to just say "oh yeah, this shit's going down in 20 days" was pretty cheap. It's technically enough time, but it was far from cool. At least they gave notice though :)

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 1

It's ironic that you write to everyone that you had 10 years to get the trophies when you made the Dlc right during the server closure announcement date. Oh what happened? you had many years to do it before.
It is seen that if you have the time to do it because you are at home all day, Guerrilla was good.

• Like 4

Whoops, totally intended to fire this up after the initial announcement but completely forgot. I haven't played it since January 2014 and still need to finish the campaign. That's 3 KZ games on my list impossible to platinum...4 when I finally get around to trying Mercenary :P. Oh well, life goes on.

What was the state of the servers prior to the announcement?