Server Shutdown Announced 9th November 2022

*sigh* guess it's time to stop putting this off and get it done.

Keep in mind for anyone wishing to do this you'll need an old EA account, the only way to get one is by signing up in other EA games released at the time, otherwise when you try to connect to the EA servers without an account your game will just crash. The orange box is the most ideal for getting an EA account.

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SlimSanta94 said:

Keep in mind for anyone wishing to do this you'll need an old EA account, the only way to get one is by signing up in other EA games released at the time, otherwise when you try to connect to the EA servers without an account your game will just crash. The orange box is the most ideal for getting an EA account.

Battlefield Bad Company also works for this. The Orange Box on PS3 has some crazy prices.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Conker said:

Well time to get off my ass and finish the 3 co-op trophies i have left to complete all the online trophies, nice they gave us lots time

You'll also want to play through the campaign and get $1 million/$1 billion while connected to EA servers trophies.

5 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

You'll also want to play through the campaign and get $1 million/$1 billion while connected to EA servers trophies.

Why’s that?

Also I’ve heard this game is incredibly buggy and unfinished compared to the first one, is it any good and worth playing?

19 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

they are considerd online and i have those already, as i said just all co-op stuff nedded aka the really buggy stuff

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SlimSanta94 said:

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

Battlefield Bad Company also works for this. The Orange Box on PS3 has some crazy prices.

Is there a way to confirm you have a working account before starting the game? or can you check immediately when starting the game without popping any trophies?

I feel like I've made an EA account back then but who the hell can remember ?

2 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

Why’s that?

Also I’ve heard this game is incredibly buggy and unfinished compared to the first one, is it any good and worth playing?

Both games have their issues but 2 is way worse on a technical level than the first one and far less fun. Getting the Plat is a headache you don't need, especially when there are far better PS3 games out there.

If the 2 Money related Leaderboard trophies glitch, there is a solution: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/97792-tattooed-millionaire-fix-yes-it-works/

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

Yet another game on PS3 that I want to play but don't think I'd be able to connect to anyone. :( 

I keep seeing things that only playing in LAN will work, is there no chance that playing online against other people will work?

Is there a way to boot up the game and check if I can connect without popping any trophies?

I haven't played any EA games since "Create" I think. What's this stuff about an older EA license to play games?

7 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Yet another game on PS3 that I want to play but don't think I'd be able to connect to anyone. :( 

I keep seeing things that only playing in LAN will work, is there no chance that playing online against other people will work?

Is there a way to boot up the game and check if I can connect without popping any trophies?

I haven't played any EA games since "Create" I think. What's this stuff about an older EA license to play games?

The online for certain older EA games only works when you accept a specific EULA, otherwise the games either lockup your PS3 or ban you from the servers until it has been accepted. Mercs 2 is the most infamous example of needing a specific EULA but it's getting increasingly hard to find a copy of the small number of games which which have the requisite EULA on the disc so you can accept it and fix the problem :(. I have a stickied thread on .org in the Mercs 2 forum that explains all of this and how to remedy several other Mercs 2 specific problems.

The servers for this and several other games are so messed up that LAN mode is your only chance of playing with others but even that isn't a guaranteed solution :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.