Server Shutdown Announced 9th November 2022

39 minutes ago, charlomagno said:

Guys i own this game but haven't played yet, do you think its possible to get the online trophies?

If you can workaround the EULA and server issues, the Plat is still doable, just watch out for the trophy glitches. Billion Dollar Babies and Damage Inc. are the 2 most infamously buggy trophies in the this game but at least the issues with BDB are easy to avoid/workaround, whereas Damage Inc. can be a royal PITA to fix if it doesn't pop first time when it's supposed to.

• Like 3

Just to be sure: the cash trophies (1 million and 1 billion) are sure to unlock if the game status is like this, isn't it?

0t3UX5S_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Another thing I was thinking. In the past, this game used to freeze when I played disconnected from the server, as if the game continually tried to connect to the point of crashing. Will this not be a problem when the servers no longer exist?

12 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

Just to be sure: the cash trophies (1 million and 1 billion) are sure to unlock if the game status is like this, isn't it?

0t3UX5S_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Another thing I was thinking. In the past, this game used to freeze when I played disconnected from the server, as if the game continually tried to connect to the point of crashing. Will this not be a problem when the servers no longer exist?

It will. This may be one of those games that once you start it and connect online, try to Platinum it before the shutdown date.

7 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

It will. This may be one of those games that once you start it and connect online, try to Platinum it before the shutdown date.

I'll work to make this happen before the date so I don't want to have problems with the game freezing...

I've already got my account sorted, so I'm ready to boost this with 2 copies, but I did look for random games and I have seen there were a few lobbies available and no issues with joining games on ALTS, so it will be fine. I used BFBC1 for terms and conditions worked like a charm, no freezing and connecting just fine. Will do this very soon, going to finish Blacklist first.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if it would be possible to get the co-op and mp trophies out of the way now, and get the rest of the trophies at a later time after the server shutdown? Has anyone tried playing the game and popping trophies while not connected to the internet/EA servers? If that's possible, I don't see how the servers shutting down would affect the trophies that doesn't explicitly state they require you to be connected to the EA servers.

12 minutes ago, BEARDLESSVlKlNG said:

Anyone know if it would be possible to get the co-op and mp trophies out of the way now, and get the rest of the trophies at a later time after the server shutdown? Has anyone tried playing the game and popping trophies while not connected to the internet/EA servers? If that's possible, I don't see how the servers shutting down would affect the trophies that doesn't explicitly state they require you to be connected to the EA servers.

Some of the online trophies can be done early on but others require you to finish some of the story first. Most of the trophies in general can be done offline but until you have the 2 money related trophies, it's not recommended to play offline at all.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna post this here in case anyone is still on the fence about this game as I just recently finished it. Unless you:

1) Have already started this game

OR

2) Have 2 PS3s and 2 copies of the game (same region)

Don't bother with this game. Connecting to others, whether you are NAT 1 or DMZ'd, is a fucking nightmare. I tried connecting to several people from the open boosting session on here and I couldn't connect to a single person (and they reportedly couldn't connect to anyone either). I'm sure maaaybe with enough attempts or miraculously finding your perfect network soulmate, it's doable, but it's just not worth the risk unless you don't mind having an incomplete game on your list or you have a backup plan.

Edited by TheRedMaverick

11 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

I'm gonna post this here in case anyone is still on the fence about this game as I just recently finished it. Unless you:

1) Have already started this game

OR

2) Have 2 PS3s and 2 copies of the game (same region)

Don't bother with this game. Connecting to others, whether you are NAT 1 or DMZ'd, is a fucking nightmare. I tried connecting to several people from the open boosting session on here and I couldn't connect to a single person (and they reportedly couldn't connect to anyone either). I'm sure maaaybe with enough attempts or miraculously finding your perfect network soulmate, it's doable, but it's just not worth the risk unless you don't mind having an incomplete game on your list or you have a backup plan.

i connected once with a random quick match dude im always NAT2 so its somehow doable that was the fist and only time i was able to connect with someone tho sadly i was dumb and left the session so didnt get the trophies

3 hours ago, negobranclim said:

i connected once with a random quick match dude im always NAT2 so its somehow doable that was the fist and only time i was able to connect with someone tho sadly i was dumb and left the session so didnt get the trophies

Yeah it will work randomly for some small selection of people (usually randoms who aren't even boosting from my experience) so it's a bit frustrating. You might get lucky and end up with a random who is also trying to boost before server shutdown but it's extremely hit or miss like you said. With 2 copies and 2 PS3s you are virtually guaranteed to be able to connect with yourself so it's ideal (although some people have even had issues with this but it's usually not game breaking and you can get past any potential issues).