[Video] If you guys had to pick 5 of your platinums to recommend to new trophy hunters ranked by difficulty, what would you pick?

Haikrazon

In terms of top quality games that I'd always recommend, but are maybe a little underplayed, or at least, a little off the beaten path gaming-wise...

probably my list would be:

Easy:          : Gorogoa

Light           : Outer Wilds

Moderate   : Dandara

A Bit Tough: Invisible Inc

Hard           : Curse of the Dead Gods

Every one of those I think is just fantastic, but doesn't have either the play-count, or the recognition, they deserve!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ollo99 said:

If you’re starting on PS5 

Easiest to hardest but highly recommended from me personally 

Ratchet and Clank:Rift Apart
Spider-Man/Miles Morales
Horizon Forbidden West
Control
Ghost Of Tsushima 

Oh man, you're definitely gonna have someone hooked with that list! Great starting with Ratchet and Clank too. Plus, they're all so incredible. 

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

In terms of top quality games that I'd always recommend, but are maybe a little underplayed, or at least, a little off the beaten path gaming-wise...

probably my list would be:

Easy:          : Gorogoa

Light           : Outer Wilds

Moderate   : Dandara

A Bit Tough: Invisible Inc

Hard           : Curse of the Dead Gods

Every one of those I think is just fantastic, but doesn't have either the play-count, or the recognition, they deserve!

Dude, first off, love your breakdown, second, you have Curse of the Dead Gods??? You mad man! I loved that game but most Roguelites I can't make it through long enough for the plat. Props man! Great list! Loved Gorogoa too! 

• Like 2

5 games from my list I'd recommend for new hunters?

1) Bloons 5 TD

2) Cryptark

3) Dead Rising

4) Void Bastards

5) Darkest Dungeon

List would basically teach someone extreme patience, an exploration mindset, build up their reflexes and push them to take advantage of well made guides. At the end Darkest Dungeon would challenge all of those skills as a final hurdle. 

• Like 4

Just now, Haikrazon said:

Oh man, you're definitely gonna have someone hooked with that list! Great starting with Ratchet and Clank too. Plus, they're all so incredible. 

I’ve got every single one platinum. Ratchet and Clank really shined on PS5. 

I hope every PS5 user has played these. There’s plenty more fantastic games we’ve gotten since launch though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Haikrazon said:

Dude, first off, love your breakdown, second, you have Curse of the Dead Gods??? You mad man! I loved that game but most Roguelites I can't make it through long enough for the plat. Props man! Great list! Loved Gorogoa too! 

Ha- trust me, I'm sort of the same - if I have a plat in any rogue-like, that's a strong testament to how addictive it is, because Lord knows, I struggle at them, and I take a looooong time to finish them, so they need to be addictive as hell to keep me going for the kind of hour count they demand! ?

Nice vid BTW - and I always appreciate seeing some props for Unpacking - a hell of a game, and one that deserves all the recognition it can garner!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, VigilantCrow said:

5 games from my list I'd recommend for new hunters?

1) Bloons 5 TD

2) Cryptark

3) Dead Rising

4) Void Bastards

5) Darkest Dungeon

List would basically teach someone extreme patience, an exploration mindset, build up their reflexes and push them to take advantage of well made guides. At the end Darkest Dungeon would challenge all of those skills as a final hurdle. 

Dude....you have Darkest Dungeon???? That's incredible. I was obsessed with that game forever, but once I lost my actual first party after managing to keep them alive for so long, I couldn't go on. Good job man. The rest of the list is awesome, but you really got me with your 5! lol

• Like 1

Stealing @DrBloodmoney's format... Don't mind me.

Easy: Undertale

Light: OKAMI HD 

Moderate : Resident Evil 2

A Bit Tough: Bloodborne 

Hard : Hotline Miami 

Reasoning: 

Essentially, Undertale would be the freebie that will start the addiction because plats are like potato chips; you can't just eat 1. It's short, enjoyable, and the requirements just require you to spend money and play through the game however you want. Easy.

Then, OKAMI would give them a little more appreciation for the trophy system and how a list SHOULD look. Let the person understand that yes, there are great games with easy trophies, but sometimes you need to work for it. We don't want the person to end up being lazy or get too addicted too quickly. Give them a light game that will take some time.

Next, let's get them to understand that some games require multiple playthroughs, a little skill, maybe some strategizing or watching a video. This will get the person aquatinted to speedrunning, using videos as guidance, and in a sense cheesing parts of games.

Then, let's have them try their first soulsborne game. Let them learn to triumph over failures, learn from their mistakes, and make them appreciate the fact that some games are just inherently harder than others, even if the trophy list itself is pretty straightforward. Let them know that each game won't be a walk in the park and that's what makes it fun.

Lastly, let's just give them a game that takes a lot of skill, that will be frustrating at times, and can be pretty unforgiving, but not something that's too unforgiving. We are trying to have them slowly pulled in to trophy hunting; not scare them away or burn them out with anything disgustingly hard or absurdly grindy. I think this falls in the middle of that and would be the perfect representation of a hard game for a new trophy hunter as As on every level is no joke.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ollo99 said:

I’ve got every single one platinum. Ratchet and Clank really shined on PS5. 

I hope every PS5 user has played these. There’s plenty more fantastic games we’ve gotten since launch though. 

I mean, you basically gave someone a reason to buy a ps5 with that list! lol. I managed to get every Ratchet plat except the remake of 2 because the money grind was so rough :( lol

28 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Ha- trust me, I'm sort of the same - if I have a plat in any rogue-like, that's a strong testament to how addictive it is, because Lord knows, I struggle at them, and I take a looooong time to finish them, so they need to be addictive as hell to keep me going for the kind of hour count they demand! 1f602.png

Nice vid BTW - and I always appreciate seeing some props for Unpacking - a hell of a game, and one that deserves all the recognition it can garner!

Honestly, I'm always attracted to the Rogue games but then it always ends up becoming a sub 100% :( lol. Hades is literally my only one. And I'm doing Cult of the Lamb now but its much more forgiving. and thank you so much! I dont know if any other game has been so relaxing to platinum. I loved it! lol

17 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Let's see, the list that I would recommend, from easiest to hardest (excluding the obscure or niche games)...

Very Easy - The Wolf Among Us. Amazing story, super easy trophies. Best of two worlds

Easy - Transistor. Again, fantastic story and atmosphere, the trophies aren't really served to you on a platter but with a bit of planning it can be done no problem

Moderate - Guacamelee. There's some tough sections in this game that are required for true ending and trophies

Hard - The Last of Us Remastered. Finishing the story on various difficulties (multiple playthroughs unless you use a glitch), the multiplayer component...this game will make you work for its list.

Very Hard - Devil May Cry 5. This game requires mastery of every mechanic in order to beat all the difficulties.

I suggested these for a new trophy hunter. Obviously there's a lot more difficult games out there (Overwatch, For Honor, various fighting games) but I think a new trophy hunter would be more attracted by something like Last of Us or Devil May Cry more :D 

This is a great list! Metroidvanias are one of my favorite genres. I cant believe you have DMC5 man! Thats insane and awesome! 

4 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Stealing @DrBloodmoney's format... Don't mind me.

Easy: Undertale

Light: OKAMI HD 

Moderate : Resident Evil 2

A Bit Tough: Bloodborne 

Hard : Hotline Miami 

Reasoning: 

Essentially, Undertale would be the freebie that will start the addiction because plats are like potato chips; you can't just eat 1. It's short, enjoyable, and the requirements just require you to spend money and play through the game however you want. Easy.

Then, OKAMI would give them a little more appreciation for the trophy system and how a list SHOULD look. Let the person understand that yes, there are great games with easy trophies, but sometimes you need to work for it. We don't want the person to end up being lazy or get too addicted too quickly. Give them a light game that will take some time.

Next, let's get them to understand that some games require multiple playthroughs, a little skill, maybe some strategizing or watching a video. This will get the person aquatinted to speedrunning, using videos as guidance, and in a sense cheesing parts of games.

Then, let's have them try their first soulsborne game. Let them learn to triumph over failures, learn from their mistakes, and make them appreciate the fact that some games are just inherently harder than others, even if the trophy list itself is pretty straightforward. Let them know that each game won't be a walk in the park and that's what makes it fun.

Lastly, let's just give them a game that takes a lot of skill, that will be frustrating at times, and can be pretty unforgiving, but not something that's too unforgiving. We are trying to have them slowly pulled in to trophy hunting; not scare them away or burn them out with anything disgustingly hard or absurdly grindy. I think this falls in the middle of that and would be the perfect representation of a hard game for a new trophy hunter as As on every level is no joke.

Dude! Okami was so good! I love your reasoning for each tier! I just recently got into RE7 and 8 and they were challenging for me just being scary. lmao. Funny enough, my buddy that isnt really a trophy hunter has both Hotline Miami games done and always holds it over my head. lol

I'm loving seeing everyone's 5s! You guys are awesome and have stuff I wouldn't even consider trying! lol

• Like 3

Here's mine :):

Very Easy: Song of Memories

Easy: South Park: The Stick of Truth

Normal: Journey to the Savage Planet

Hard: Borderlands 2

Very Hard: Catherine

This list runs the full gauntlet of necessary trophy hunting skills that need to be learnt, ranging from patience and observation, to fast reflexes and puzzle solving :)

• Like 2

Strictly from my list, we have:

Joke: Jack N' Jill DX
Easy: Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Normal: Resident Evil 2 Remake

Hard: Metal Gear Solid 2 HD

Pain: Ultra Street Fighter IV

• Jack N' Jill DX: (Not that) long ago, before the age of shovelware 2$ platinum trophies, there was this. I am ashamed to have this on my profile, but as it stands it's a joke in terms of difficulty, and also a bit fun to play, for like 10 minutes.
  • Sly 2: Band of thieves: This is my second favorite video game of all time, super fun to play, charismatic characters, interesting story, vibrant worlds to explore and super easy trophies that basically boil down to "finish the game".
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake: This game is simply amazing. Probably the best in the RE series (in my opinion), it is also where things start to get a little hard. Beating it on Hardcore and getting an S Rank are not easy things to do, but I think most people will be able to get this platinum if they try.
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 HD: Another truly amazing game, the attention to detail, graphics and bat-shit crazy story render this a must-play for any gamer out there. The trophies, however, are a different matter. Just beating the game on Extreme difficulty is a gargantuan task, but you not only have to do that, but also beat EVERY Virtual Reality mission. Once you get to MGS1 Snake (the final character of VR, the one with the hardest missions) and you start to play "Eliminate All" missions where you go up against 9 assault troops with an M9 with 2 tranquilizer darts, an empty magazine, a PSG-1 with 3 bullets and an empty Nikita missile launcher, you'll start to rethink how you're meant to play the game. Did you know that if you go into First Person View, aim at a guy's balls and punch, you knock them out right away? Well, that's the sort of stuff you learn when playing these missions.
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV: This is it. Do not attempt this if you're faint of heart. Fighting games are hard, man, and this game's trophies more than prove it. This is like learning to play Chopin on the piano, but using your feet. Some of these trials will test your perseverance, more than anything. Plus there's a nasty grind for the online. And even if you use the Lariat trick to beat most arcade stages on hardest, you still have to beat (at minimum) the worst character: Seth. Fuck Seth.
Edited by RomanPeirs
  • Like 3

Very easy: Gris: This category is harder since I have alot of story driven narratives, but this is one of my favorites. 

Easy: Astro's Playroom. Anyone who has played this game knows just how much fun it is. 

Moderate: South Park The Stick of Truth. One of my top games and such fun to play. A guide is needed for some of the possible missables, so you dont need a second playthrough.

Hard: Tokyo Xanadu. The length is what makes it a hard game. Almost 150 hours for three playthroughs, which is the better way to go so you are not struggling to complete the harder difficultiy requirements. 

Very Hard. Diablo 3: Doing it the legit way, makes it a long grind and hard core required. Doing it the optimal way will make it go down the list to moderate. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Haikrazon said:

I mean, you basically gave someone a reason to buy a ps5 with that list! lol. I managed to get every Ratchet plat except the remake of 2 because the money grind was so rough :( lol

Honestly, I'm always attracted to the Rogue games but then it always ends up becoming a sub 100% :( lol. Hades is literally my only one. And I'm doing Cult of the Lamb now but its much more forgiving. and thank you so much! I dont know if any other game has been so relaxing to platinum. I loved it! lol

This is a great list! Metroidvanias are one of my favorite genres. I cant believe you have DMC5 man! Thats insane and awesome! 

Dude! Okami was so good! I love your reasoning for each tier! I just recently got into RE7 and 8 and they were challenging for me just being scary. lmao. Funny enough, my buddy that isnt really a trophy hunter has both Hotline Miami games done and always holds it over my head. lol

I'm loving seeing everyone's 5s! You guys are awesome and have stuff I wouldn't even consider trying! lol

If I had to start my profile over again, Okami would be the first game I'd redo without even thinking about it. The trophy list forces you to 100% the game, and I'm so glad it does because there's a whole lot more to the game than just the story.

I really thought about putting Persona 4 Arena Ultimax or Catherine for hard, but those games really cater to a specific audience (puzzlers and fighters aren't exactly the easiest thing to pick up on) while I feel like Hotline Miami would be liked and easier to pick up on by a much broader audience.

Very easy: The walking dead. The category is very easy as you just need to finish the entire story.

Easy: Dead rising. A bit difficult but some say its easy.

Normal: Astro's playroom. The category is normal as it could be a bit difficult.

Hard: Mortal kombat. The category is hard as you will need to do a lot of grinding.

Very hard: Diablo II. The category is very hard as you have to play on certain difficulty's to finish the game.

Very easy: The Artful Escape. Has a chapter select in case you miss any of the miscellaneous trophies that aren't just playing through the game

Easy: A Hat in Time. Might be a little challenging for some trophies but nothing overly complex and the game is really fun to boot!

Normal: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. Nothing too challenging, might need a guide for like one or two things but besides that it's relatively straightforward plat from what I remember.

Hard: Gravity Rush Remastered. The only thing I'd say is actually hard is getting the gold medals for the challenges. I've gotten the platinum trophy for this 3 times already (first was for myself, second and third times was for friends).

Very hard: Kingdom Hearts 1. The only reason I'd put this as harder than Gravity Rush Remastered is due to the RNG factor for getting item drops for the synthesis items and the speedrun trophy for beating the game in 15 hours if you don't know what you're doing and/or not using a guide. At least for the PS4 version the difficulty trophies stack so that's less playthroughs to do compared to the PS3 version but I saved the trophies for no equipment changes and no deaths for a second playthrough, same with the super bosses.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Here's mine :):

Very Easy: Song of Memories

Easy: South Park: The Stick of Truth

Normal: Journey to the Savage Planet

Hard: Borderlands 2

Very Hard: Catherine

This list runs the full gauntlet of necessary trophy hunting skills that need to be learnt, ranging from patience and observation, to fast reflexes and puzzle solving :)

Awesome list! I love that Journey to the Savage Planet got on here! That game was so great. I've always wanted to try Catherin! That hard?

2 hours ago, RomanPeirs said:

Strictly from my list, we have:

Joke: Jack N' Jill DX
Easy: Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Normal: Resident Evil 2 Remake

Hard: Metal Gear Solid 2 HD

Pain: Ultra Street Fighter IV

• Jack N' Jill DX: (Not that) long ago, before the age of shovelware 2$ platinum trophies, there was this. I am ashamed to have this on my profile, but as it stands it's a joke in terms of difficulty, and also a bit fun to play, for like 10 minutes.
  • Sly 2: Band of thieves: This is my second favorite video game of all time, super fun to play, charismatic characters, interesting story, vibrant worlds to explore and super easy trophies that basically boil down to "finish the game".
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake: This game is simply amazing. Probably the best in the RE series (in my opinion), it is also where things start to get a little hard. Beating it on Hardcore and getting an S Rank are not easy things to do, but I think most people will be able to get this platinum if they try.
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 HD: Another truly amazing game, the attention to detail, graphics and bat-shit crazy story render this a must-play for any gamer out there. The trophies, however, are a different matter. Just beating the game on Extreme difficulty is a gargantuan task, but you not only have to do that, but also beat EVERY Virtual Reality mission. Once you get to MGS1 Snake (the final character of VR, the one with the hardest missions) and you start to play "Eliminate All" missions where you go up against 9 assault troops with an M9 with 2 tranquilizer darts, an empty magazine, a PSG-1 with 3 bullets and an empty Nikita missile launcher, you'll start to rethink how you're meant to play the game. Did you know that if you go into First Person View, aim at a guy's balls and punch, you knock them out right away? Well, that's the sort of stuff you learn when playing these missions.
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV: This is it. Do not attempt this if you're faint of heart. Fighting games are hard, man, and this game's trophies more than prove it. This is like learning to play Chopin on the piano, but using your feet. Some of these trials will test your perseverance, more than anything. Plus there's a nasty grind for the online. And even if you use the Lariat trick to beat most arcade stages on hardest, you still have to beat (at minimum) the worst character: Seth. Fuck Seth.

Oh man. Yea I definitely dont think I could go for a Street Fighter. I dont even have the patience for the MK games. lol. Love seeing Sly on here. I wish they would "remaster" them again just so I can play through them for the millionth time. lol. Love the breakdown and variety you have in here. 

Just now, Haikrazon said:

Awesome list! I love that Journey to the Savage Planet got on here! That game was so great. I've always wanted to try Catherin! That hard?

Catherine isn't so bad once you get into a rhythm and learn the mechanics but it's still no cake walk. I still need to finish off the PS3 and PS4 stacks but just haven't found the time :(.

2 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Very easy: Gris: This category is harder since I have alot of story driven narratives, but this is one of my favorites. 

Easy: Astro's Playroom. Anyone who has played this game knows just how much fun it is. 

Moderate: South Park The Stick of Truth. One of my top games and such fun to play. A guide is needed for some of the possible missables, so you dont need a second playthrough.

Hard: Tokyo Xanadu. The length is what makes it a hard game. Almost 150 hours for three playthroughs, which is the better way to go so you are not struggling to complete the harder difficultiy requirements. 

Very Hard. Diablo 3: Doing it the legit way, makes it a long grind and hard core required. Doing it the optimal way will make it go down the list to moderate. 

Maaaaannn I screwed myself over on Stick of Truth TWICE! Back on ps3 and when I went back to it on ps4, I forgot that summons took a whole in game day for cooldown and didnt have a certain summon ready when I was inside of a certain someone at the end. I was so mad. lol. Love seeing Diablo 3 on here. I remember slogging through all of the bounties for the plat, but now i've dumped so much of my life into the seasons of that game, I dont even want to know how many i've done now. lmao

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

If I had to start my profile over again, Okami would be the first game I'd redo without even thinking about it. The trophy list forces you to 100% the game, and I'm so glad it does because there's a whole lot more to the game than just the story.

I really thought about putting Persona 4 Arena Ultimax or Catherine for hard, but those games really cater to a specific audience (puzzlers and fighters aren't exactly the easiest thing to pick up on) while I feel like Hotline Miami would be liked and easier to pick up on by a much broader audience.

You're making me want to redownload it and play it again! I love trophy lists that force you to 100% as long as it's not absurd.I've always wanted to try Catherine, but I totally get what you mean. I usually put the weird niche stuff up higher for that reason. Like rhythm games and stuff. Fudge, with you saying this and my buddy, I feel like I need to get the Hotline Miami plats now. lol

• Like 1

I'm going to pick games that have good trophy lists, not just ones that are good games. From easiest to hardest...

1. Celeste. This is a good testing grounds for trophy hunting because you can always fall back on Assist Mode if things get too rough.
  2. A Plague Tale: Innocence. You need to keep your eye out for a few collectibles and missable trophies, but you're not punished heavily (e.g. a full second playthrough) if you slip up.
  3. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age. Similar to the above, but with a much longer game and a bigger emphasis on grinding. (Alternate game would be Persona 5 Royal.)
  4. Resident Evil 2. I generally haven't enjoyed the trophy lists for RE games, but this one is an exception.
  5. The Witness. No other game exemplifies "that one !@#$ trophy" quite like this one. Completing that final challenge is a giant middle finger to anybody who tried to take a shortcut for the rest of the trophies. Think of this as the anti-Celeste.
Edited by Cassylvania

1 hour ago, gamercris066 said:

Very easy: The walking dead. The category is very easy as you just need to finish the entire story.

Easy: Dead rising. A bit difficult but some say its easy.

Normal: Astro's playroom. The category is normal as it could be a bit difficult.

Hard: Mortal kombat. The category is hard as you will need to do a lot of grinding.

Very hard: Diablo II. The category is very hard as you have to play on certain difficulty's to finish the game.

I was gonna ask why you only had MK at hard, but once I saw D2, it made sense. lmao. D2 is actually something I promised to get for some of my youtube peeps and I am NOT looking forward to it at all :( I mean, I LOVE Diablo, but not for 1000 hours. lol

48 minutes ago, MACZ2021 said:

Very easy: The Artful Escape. Has a chapter select in case you miss any of the miscellaneous trophies that aren't just playing through the game

Easy: A Hat in Time. Might be a little challenging for some trophies but nothing overly complex and the game is really fun to boot!

Normal: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. Nothing too challenging, might need a guide for like one or two things but besides that it's relatively straightforward plat from what I remember.

Hard: Gravity Rush Remastered. The only thing I'd say is actually hard is getting the gold medals for the challenges. I've gotten the platinum trophy for this 3 times already (first was for myself, second and third times was for friends).

Very hard: Kingdom Hearts 1. The only reason I'd put this as harder than Gravity Rush Remastered is due to the RNG factor for getting item drops for the synthesis items and the speedrun trophy for beating the game in 15 hours if you don't know what you're doing and/or not using a guide. At least for the PS4 version the difficulty trophies stack so that's less playthroughs to do compared to the PS3 version but I saved the trophies for no equipment changes and no deaths for a second playthrough, same with the super bosses.

Ooohh I've always wanted to do Hat in Time! Might have to look into that. I agree with KH though! Some of my favorite games, but I dont actually have any of the plats. Aside from Melody of Memory. lol

2 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I'm going to pick games that have good trophy lists, not just ones that are good games. From easiest to hardest...

1. Celeste. This is a good testing grounds for trophy hunting because you can always fall back on Assist Mode if things get too rough.
  2. A Plague Tale: Innocence. You need to keep your eye out for a few collectibles and missable trophies, but you're not punished heavily (e.g. a full second playthrough) if you slip up.
  3. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age. Similar to the above, but with a much longer game and a bigger emphasis on grinding. (Alternate game would be Persona 5 Royal.)
  4. Resident Evil 2. I generally haven't enjoyed the trophy lists for RE games, but this one is an exception.
  5. The Witness. No other game exemplifies "that one !@#$ trophy" quite like this one. Completing that final challenge is a giant middle finger to anybody who tried to take a shortcut for the rest of the trophies. Think of this as the anti-Celeste.

Awesome list! I always wanted to plat Dragon Quest, but I think I got pulled away and never came back. I didnt realize The Witness was so hard! I'll have to look into it now! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Haikrazon said:

Awesome list! I always wanted to plat Dragon Quest, but I think I got pulled away and never came back. I didnt realize The Witness was so hard! I'll have to look into it now! 

Its difficulty actually depends on how much you paid attention to the puzzles throughout the game. You could have a very easy time going through the game if you look up all the solutions online, but then you'll hit a brick wall when you're given the final exam. Conversely, you could struggle with the puzzles leading up to the end, but then breeze through it because you've learned what the game taught you.

It'd be like if Celeste let you use Assist Mode, but then forced a C-side challenge without it for the final section.

3 hours ago, ollo99 said:

If you’re starting on PS5 

Easiest to hardest but highly recommended from me personally 

Ratchet and Clank:Rift Apart
Spider-Man/Miles Morales
Horizon Forbidden West
Control
Ghost Of Tsushima 

This list is ?

Played them all except for Horizon but it's on my list. Just finished the story for Ghost yesterday and it was fantastic.

• Like 1