[Video] If you guys had to pick 5 of your platinums to recommend to new trophy hunters ranked by difficulty, what would you pick?

Haikrazon

Very EasySeasons After the Fall:  Think this is a good introduction for trophy hunting because it includes puzzles, collectibles, back tracking, etc but on a smaller scale.  The game isn’t that long, and in the few parts you can die, you respawn right where you fell so nothing hard about this one at all

EasyRatchet and Clank PS4:  Lot of ratchet titles could go in here.  Opted for this because it’s pretty easy, has a lot to do, is fun, but nothing that may take more than 2 handful of tries to get.

Moderate -  AC Odyssey:  Here’s a looooooong game.  Not very hard, couple challenging moments, nothing insane, but damn….talk about a grind exploring the whole game world.  Yeah welcome to trophy hunting. 

HardHotline Miami:  Great game.  This one will test the reflexes.  But the best thing about this game is the amazing level design along with the masks and weapons which give you the freedom to approach the challenges this game offers in multiple ways.  You will die a lot, but rarely do you feel like you didn’t deserve it, or it was a cheap game mechanic the AI used.

Very HardTony Hawk Pro Skater 1 + 2:  A sports game…picked this one because plenty of people I know love the game that don’t really love skateboarding.  This one has it all from a challenge standpoint:  Crazy button input requirements, finding every gap in every level, beat the game with everyone, the get theres, optional speedruns, and the grind to level 100 is no joke. 

• Like 1

Very Easy: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

Easy: SAW (the game is straightforward and you don’t really need to find any collectibles other than just one patient file and asylum file. There’s also a bunch of combat specific trophies that may come along the way if you keep track of what you used. Lastly, the only difficult part can be saving each of the Jigsaw victims from their traps since the mini games are either randomly generated or you would need to think quickly before they get killed)

Medium: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania (my whole gameplay guide on its Complete Conquest Trophy will help sum up why I ranked it as a medium).

Hard: Mortal Shell (for a Dark Souls like game, unless you follow the 2 part platinum walkthrough by Optinooby like I did, the game feels like an unforgiving experience if you don’t know what you’re doing. The worst part being the final boss while in obsidian form since one hit will instantly kill you).

Very Hard: Grand Theft Auto IV (not counting the The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, this game was such a long grind to 100% in single player. After that, there’s the multiplayer portion of the trophies that now heavily rely on boosting since you need to reach $5,000,000 in xp for max online rank, keep track of what game modes you won in, and dealing with random players who will always one tap you, no matter what gun you have or how far you are from them).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legate_Hawk said:

If i were to pick from my list they would be
1. Bloodborne
2. Okami
3. Ghost Of Tsushima
4. Nier (both automata and the remake)
5. Astro's Playroom

All amazing games! Man, how long did the remake of Nier take you? I keep wanting to pick it up but I got so close back on the ps3 and never finished it so I dont want that to happen again. lol

47 minutes ago, kinnyman said:

Very EasySeasons After the Fall:  Think this is a good introduction for trophy hunting because it includes puzzles, collectibles, back tracking, etc but on a smaller scale.  The game isn’t that long, and in the few parts you can die, you respawn right where you fell so nothing hard about this one at all

EasyRatchet and Clank PS4:  Lot of ratchet titles could go in here.  Opted for this because it’s pretty easy, has a lot to do, is fun, but nothing that may take more than 2 handful of tries to get.

Moderate -  AC Odyssey:  Here’s a looooooong game.  Not very hard, couple challenging moments, nothing insane, but damn….talk about a grind exploring the whole game world.  Yeah welcome to trophy hunting. 

HardHotline Miami:  Great game.  This one will test the reflexes.  But the best thing about this game is the amazing level design along with the masks and weapons which give you the freedom to approach the challenges this game offers in multiple ways.  You will die a lot, but rarely do you feel like you didn’t deserve it, or it was a cheap game mechanic the AI used.

Very HardTony Hawk Pro Skater 1 + 2:  A sports game…picked this one because plenty of people I know love the game that don’t really love skateboarding.  This one has it all from a challenge standpoint:  Crazy button input requirements, finding every gap in every level, beat the game with everyone, the get theres, optional speedruns, and the grind to level 100 is no joke. 

Awe man, you had to include Tony Hawk. lmao. Thats something im working on in the background and I just dont know if I'm going to have the patience to finish it out! lol. Love the list though! 

4 minutes ago, Lil-Gameboy123 said:

Very Easy: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

Easy: SAW (the game is straightforward and you don’t really need to find any collectibles other than just one patient file and asylum file. There’s also a bunch of combat specific trophies that may come along the way if you keep track of what you used. Lastly, the only difficult part can be saving each of the Jigsaw victims from their traps since the mini games are either randomly generated or you would need to think quickly before they get killed)

Medium: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania (my whole gameplay guide on its Complete Conquest Trophy will help sum up why I ranked it as a medium).

Hard: Mortal Shell (for a Dark Souls like game, unless you follow the 2 part platinum walkthrough by Optinooby like I did, the game feels like an unforgiving experience if you don’t know what you’re doing. The worst part being the final boss while in obsidian form since one hit will instantly kill you).

Very Hard: Grand Theft Auto IV (not counting the The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, this game was such a long grind to 100% in single player. After that, there’s the multiplayer portion of the trophies that now heavily rely on boosting since you need to reach $5,000,000 in xp for max online rank, keep track of what game modes you won in, and dealing with random players who will always one tap you, no matter what gun you have or how far you are from them).

I always wanted the Saw plat back in the day but never got around to it. Glad to see Mortal Shell on here! That freaking obsidian run made it harder than any of the Souls plats in my opinion. Especially on the ice boss. lol. Plus, no co op for aggro trading. I'd love to see them do a second one. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Haikrazon said:

All amazing games! Man, how long did the remake of Nier take you? I keep wanting to pick it up but I got so close back on the ps3 and never finished it so I dont want that to happen again. lol

Awe man, you had to include Tony Hawk. lmao. Thats something im working on in the background and I just dont know if I'm going to have the patience to finish it out! lol. Love the list though! 

I always wanted the Saw plat back in the day but never got around to it. Glad to see Mortal Shell on here! That freaking obsidian run made it harder than any of the Souls plats in my opinion. Especially on the ice boss. lol. Plus, no co op for aggro trading. I'd love to see them do a second one. 

i never played the original ps3 one but from what i understand this one is a bit easier than the ps3 version, it took me just a bit over a week to plat, it's really easy and a super amazing game but i'm sure you already knew that, the hardest trophy here is to upgrade 33 weapons to the max level but here's where the remake comes in, there's a few weapons from nier automata added in the remake thus you can upgrade those instead of the few weapons that require super rare upgrade materials saving you lots of time

I guess important points for new trophy hunters are: platinum time, difficulty, missable trophies, guides needed, multiple playthroughs, co-op/ boost partners needed?

Very Easy: The Walking Dead - play until credits and platinum will pop

Easy: Assassins Creed 2 - some collectables, nothing dramatic

Moderate: GTA 5 - grindy singleplayer and multiplayer

Hard: Final Fantasy 9 - hard minigames, grindy, speedrun playthrough

Very Hard: Catherine (PS3) - puzzel game, completely impossible without guides(Rapunzel), speedruns with two controller simultaneously (Babel) and often randomness of events

Edited by D-E-U-S-X
  • Like 1