POEman553

Not to freak anyone out but....

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

...EA just announced that Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 and Mercenaries 2: World in Flames will be shutting down their servers on November 9, 2022. Both of those games use older EA accounts to connect online and have servers in terrible shape.

Battlefield Bad Company was released around the same time as those two and it wouldn't be unlikely to see a shutdown announcement for Battlefield Bad Company in the near future (probably after C&C Red Alert 3 & Mercenaries 2 shut down).

If you have this game on your profile and you were waiting to Platinum this, you'll want to DO THIS SOON. The online trophies are no joke ridiculous and grindy.

Edited by POEman553

I know this is about BC1 but,

Isn't mercenaries 2 P2P? What sort of trophies are going to be unobtainable in that game?

2 minutes ago, Colin said:

Isn't mercenaries 2 P2P? What sort of trophies are going to be unobtainable in that game?

4 co-op trophies and 2 campaign trophies. You have to earn $1 million and $1 billion dollars while connected to EA servers.

Just now, Colin said:

Wheels of Steel

Damage, Inc.

Nothin' But a Good Time

Partners in Crime

12 minutes ago, Colin said:

At least 2 money ones, they require connection to EA Servers. Coop things might be doable with LAN, but who knows.

And yeah, Bad Company 1 is in danger, but it's mildly popular since it's only on PS3 and 360 (Mercs 2's online is buggy, and so Red Alert's too). They might give the game more time.

Bad Company has much better servers then Mercenaries 2 and much more people playing so there is hope for it. 😁

Shutting down a Battlefield, doesn't matter its age, especially now with the terrible state of the franchise would probably be the final nail in the coffin. But in the end it's EA, so who knows but they would do way better to just let it run, at least until the next BF that is actually good on release is out (whenever that happens...).

In my opinion this should be a BC3 or at least a remaster/remake of BC1 and/or 2, but only if it's good.

2 hours ago, woggly4 said:

Shutting down a Battlefield, doesn't matter its age, especially now with the terrible state of the franchise would probably be the final nail in the coffin. But in the end it's EA, so who knows but they would do way better to just let it run, at least until the next BF that is actually good on release is out (whenever that happens...).

In my opinion this should be a BC3 or at least a remaster/remake of BC1 and/or 2, but only if it's good.

There was a rumour doing the rounds a few years back that a BC3 was in development but nothing came of it so was presumably scrapped in favour of whatever came out instead.

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

There was a rumour doing the rounds a few years back that a BC3 was in development but nothing came of it so was presumably scrapped in favour of whatever came out instead.

Yeah, I think they wanted to release a new Bad Company but then realized fans would hate it and changed it to 2042. This would also explain why they remade BC maps. I'm still waiting for a proper successor and I appreciate that "someone" cancelled it to not waste the Bad Company franchise, and I have high hopes for the next story-driven Battlefield, that is also rumored, to be Bad Company.

Don't see them shutting this down for another year or so.   Unless sony force them to.     Bad company is on gamepass  servers are active. On there. 

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, demonviper666 said:

Don't see them shutting this down for another year or so.   Unless sony force them to.     Bad company is on gamepass  servers are active. On there. 

What happens with the Xbox 360 versions of games, doesn't always apply to the PS3. The servers for Ghostbusters: The Video Game were up for years on the Xbox 360 before finally shuttering but the PS3 version was terminated without warning, years earlier :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

What happens with the Xbox 360 versions of games, doesn't always apply to the PS3. The servers for Ghostbusters: The Video Game were up for years on the Xbox 360 before finally shuttering but the PS3 version was terminated without warning, years earlier :(.

But different company not own by ea.       Ea shutdown on both usually

Oh, so another game I need to do before shutdown, well the only good thing with announcements like these it certainly gets your ass into gear to get shit done if you lacked the motivation this basically says do it now, or it's gone.

18 hours ago, demonviper666 said:

I only bring it up due to the timing of the release dates for all three games and all three using similar older methods/servers for EA Online. EA could be shutting down all games using EA Online soon.

Battlefield Bad Company - June 23, 2008

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - August 23, 2008

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 - November 11, 2008 (Xbox 360), March 23, 2009 (PS3 version)

3 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I'm really FREAKING OUT HERE MAN

You're fine as long as you don't add the game to your profile or actually want to play it. Just know that if you do, you may have less time than you realize.

(Also I'm jealous of your profile so you shouldn't sully it with military shooters)

48 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

(Also I'm jealous of your profile so you shouldn't sully it with military shooters)

Nah man I appreciate that but my profile is nothing to be jealous of. You've done crazier shit than I have 

1 hour ago, POEman553 said:

I only bring it up due to the timing of the release dates for all three games and all three using similar older methods/servers for EA Online. EA could be shutting down all games using EA Online soon.

Battlefield Bad Company - June 23, 2008

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - August 23, 2008

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 - November 11, 2008 (Xbox 360), March 23, 2009 (PS3 version)

They would announce it already if they really wanted to.