Only ranked match trophy will be unobtainable?

Nav_Nav69

So the in game message board it states the online battles will still function after the server shut down and only ranked battle and leaderboard will be disabled along with other stuff like the in game store.  What does it mean in terms of trophies? Only the trophy for winning a ranked match will be unobtainable? 

The following online trophies will be unobtainable come August 25th:

The battle begins (won a ranked match)

The curtain rises (won a friendly match)

Together we fight (Fought online players 30 times)

Our bonds (Fought online players 100 times)

Challenger (challenger another player 10 times)

Master of Titles (Earn more than 50 titles)

If you don't have these done come August 25th, the platinum will be unobtainable. It doesn't take too long to knock these out. 

Edited by kidson2004
Forgot to add 2 more trophies
  • Like 1

thank god ive got  a friend who helped out with this or else I woudnt' have the plat also those missions on expert I was only able to do cause I kept trying someone else maybe does not have patience anyway good luck to you all btw sr for the bad? english

Edited by authist90

I just sent them a ticket tonight. I wanted to eventually play this. And for awhile I did forget about the game entirely. 

However, I asked them if the other forms of the online will work, excluding the Ranked Match stuff. 

Also, I kind of gave them a bit of a hectic message after that. I up and told them exactly how I felt. I asked them why do the servers have to go off for in the first place? I even said to them, you know we customers play a lot of money for these games and we can't even get them finished all the time because of the services being snuffed. And because of that we can't always get a 100% completion of what we rightfully buy. 

And honestly, it's a crock... More people should start submitting tickets about this and giving them a piece of your mind... I'm tired of games having incomplete titles because I can't get to every title on a dime. Gaming takes time to do. 

All these businesses want is our money, once they stop making enough, they screw us, and I'm sick of it. 

• Like 1

So, here's an update and what else has happened...

I messaged them and all that. And I even got the chance to talk to a live agent through text yesterday. 

Yes, ALL online activity is supposed to cease to exist on August 25th, 2022 (ten days from now, unfortunately). I up and asked them why can't the servers remain active. They told me that they can't give the reason why because it's "unclear" to them personally. And I even asked if anyone can request that the servers remain active, and I was told that they cannot disclose that information publicly. But they did take my other advice and forwarded it, including the request to keep the servers active, about game developers making all achievements/trophies offline for reasons like eventual shutdowns, so that gamers can enjoy getting all the benefits from their purchases at any time. And the person on the other end even told me that other people recently have been voicing their concerns over the server closure in Jump Force. And I told them that we as gamers spend a lot of money buying products from these high-end companies and they are constantly shutting down services when the so-called clock runs out. And I mentioned that it sucks how all games these days are pretty much running on a clock and how unfair it is that games need to be finished within a certain timeframe otherwise future gamers of certain games are going to be bummed out learning that they can't finish a product that they rightfully bought due to the closure of a service. This is exactly why I think trophies shouldn't be online for games that are optional both offline and online.

Anyway, this is really disappointing, overall. But at least I told them exactly how I feel about the situation, and I think the community should voice more about how they feel about gaming services in situations like these. It sucks buying a game and one can't finish it. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Evil25Illusion said:

So, here's an update and what else has happened...

I messaged them and all that. And I even got the chance to talk to a live agent through text yesterday. 

Yes, ALL online activity is supposed to cease to exist on August 25th, 2022 (ten days from now, unfortunately). I up and asked them why can't the servers remain active. They told me that they can't give the reason why because it's "unclear" to them personally. And I even asked if anyone can request that the servers remain active, and I was told that they cannot disclose that information publicly. But they did take my other advice and forwarded it, including the request to keep the servers active, about game developers making all achievements/trophies offline for reasons like eventual shutdowns, so that gamers can enjoy getting all the benefits from their purchases at any time. And the person on the other end even told me that other people recently have been voicing their concerns over the server closure in Jump Force. And I told them that we as gamers spend a lot of money buying products from these high-end companies and they are constantly shutting down services when the so-called clock runs out. And I mentioned that it sucks how all games these days are pretty much running on a clock and how unfair it is that games need to be finished within a certain timeframe otherwise future gamers of certain games are going to be bummed out learning that they can't finish a product that they rightfully bought due to the closure of a service. This is exactly why I think trophies shouldn't be online for games that are optional both offline and online.

Anyway, this is really disappointing, overall. But at least I told them exactly how I feel about the situation, and I think the community should voice more about how they feel about gaming services in situations like these. It sucks buying a game and one can't finish it. 

Honestly, big corporations don't give a rat's ass about how you or the gaming community feels. All they care about is you BUYING the game in the first place. Once they have your money, they could care less about maintaining support unless they can squeeze more money out of you, hence paid dlc. For something like Jump Force, they're dealing with all sorts of IP's that wasn't worth them holding on to for more than a few years. They've already thrown J-Stars Victory Versus in the trash, now Jump Force, and they recently announced a new one that will absolutely get the same treatment.

On 8/12/2022 at 10:02 PM, kidson2004 said:

The following online trophies will be unobtainable come August 25th:

The battle begins (won a ranked match)

The curtain rises (won a friendly match)

Together we fight (Fought online players 30 times)

Our bonds (Fought online players 100 times)

Challenger (challenger another player 10 times)

Master of Titles (Earn more than 50 titles)

If you don't have these done come August 25th, the platinum will be unobtainable. It doesn't take too long to knock these out. 

I'm confused, if online battles excluding ranked are still doable after the 25th then why are all of these unobtainable? Wouldn't it only be "The Battle Begins" and "Challenger" that are unobtainable?

On 21.8.2022 at 11:46 AM, Kurokari89 said:

I'm confused, if online battles excluding ranked are still doable after the 25th then why are all of these unobtainable? Wouldn't it only be "The Battle Begins" and "Challenger" that are unobtainable?

Pretty sure master of titles,  our bonds, together we fight and the curtain rises are still doable but challenger and the battle begins will become unobtainable because of the remove support of online lobbies(which is required to challenge players) and ranked battles. Everything else should still be obtainable. 

• Like 2

There's a new patch (3.03) that's about 21GB. I don't have enough space on my console to install it so not sure what it does but it won't let you access the online without it. I'm hoping this confirms that online will still be somewhat accessible (maybe just not the ranked\leaderboard stuff) but hopefully someone else can test and confirm

51 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

There's a new patch (3.03) that's about 21GB. I don't have enough space on my console to install it so not sure what it does but it won't let you access the online without it. I'm hoping this confirms that online will still be somewhat accessible (maybe just not the ranked\leaderboard stuff) but hopefully someone else can test and confirm

21 GB?! 332,5 MB for me. ?

I just updated my game and the "Friendly Match" and "Quickmatch" features still work fine. So trophies like:

The Curtain Rises ✔️
Won friendly match one or more times.

Together We Fight ✔️
Fought other players online 30 or more times.

Our Bonds ✔️
Fought other players online 100 or more times.

Master of Titles ✔️
Earned more than 50 or more titles.

They should still be obtainable.

Not so with the trophies: ❌The Battle Begins (Won ranked match one or more times.) and Challenger (Challenged other players 10 or more times.)

Changed the requirements for those 2 trophies. Platinum is obtainable!

Edited by JorgeSleep
Plat obtainable!
  • Like 4