Platinum bugged?

MysticMase

On 14.8.2022 at 10:47 AM, Umdytr said:

Too bad there's completion-breaking problems, I was considering this one but I guess I'll have to wait until fixes are issued.

If the game wasn't bugged, how long do you all estimate it would take to 100%?

It's been estimated to take somewhere around 15-25 hours.

Also, if they'll fix the snail bug shortly with the upcoming patch and adjust the PS4 trophy synchs, there really shouldn't be any bugs left in terms of trophy completion. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leewor said:

I have bug for this on my first playthrough. If you chose Belief in Afterlife Trait in tier 1 of Afterlife Doctrines then all sacrifices doesent count for trophy.

I can confirm that doctrine does not void the trophy since I have the trophy and that doctrine, the bug lies elsewhere. I do know the sacrifice must be done only using that ritual though, and I was able to get it post game after only having 5 sacrifices according to the one who waits

About the snails - my girlfiend is playing CotL on Switch, she's about to finish 2nd dungeon and she already has 7 shells. She didn't even try to collect them really. So my guess is, it's bugged. We should get an update this week, hopefully they'll fix it so we can still collect them on our main playthroughs.

On 8/15/2022 at 6:17 AM, Septomor said:

I can confirm that doctrine does not void the trophy since I have the trophy and that doctrine, the bug lies elsewhere. I do know the sacrifice must be done only using that ritual though, and I was able to get it post game after only having 5 sacrifices according to the one who waits

If I had to guess, Id say that it isn't bugged, just a weird counter. But I could be wrong...

When "The One Who Waits" told me how many sacrifices I made, I was at 8. Then I did a sacrifice and an ascension and trophy didnt pop. Trophy didn't pop til 2 more sacrifices were made.

I would bet that "The One Who Waits" gives you a count of BOTH ascended and sacrificed followers, even though the trophy only counts for the ones who are Sacrificed by the Sacrifice Ritual,  not the ascended ritual.. I can do a quick test run, where I Sacrifice and Ascend 1 follower for each ritual and see what "The One Who Waits" says. Will post update later today or tomorrow morning.

Edit:Been busy helping with the trophy guide. Will update when I have confirmed an answer. Will also incorportate into the guide in the future

Edited by OFFICER_OILDAB
Added to

On 8/14/2022 at 1:51 AM, Akrioz said:

Waiting for a patch is not an option? What's the point in fighting against bugs.

This is where I'm at. Had a super solid dungeon run last night and the game crashed/froze on one of the final rooms. Shelving the game until a patch comes out, really fun but very buggy.

9 minutes ago, Teh_Zombz said:

any news on when the patch might be dropping?

Last word from the devs was „soon”. What I’m worried about is that in the patch notes on Steam they’re mentioning fixing the bug were snails don’t drop shells but there is no word on snails reapeaeing after killing the second boss. If it turns out that you need to start a new save file to get all skins I’m gonna be pissed!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, StrazakGoz said:

Last word from the devs was „soon”. What I’m worried about is that in the patch notes on Steam they’re mentioning fixing the bug were snails don’t drop shells but there is no word on snails reapeaeing after killing the second boss. If it turns out that you need to start a new save file to get all skins I’m gonna be pissed!

If a new save would be required, even with a patch, this would only take 5-6hrs to do, as the primary focus will be the events that unlock forms.

It would definitely suck and for most people this will feel like wasted time, but I think this game is really fun, with or without a platinum. I've beaten it 3 times, and have been grinding out resources for my village on my main file, just to build and expand further.xD

The roadmap on the games main menu suggests future content, I hope these also come with trophies. Maybe Ill have the upper hand? Who knows.

**Trophy guide is under review and should be posted soon**

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gihxr said:

Tarots Crads are bugged for me as well I'm missing one Tarot card (the one that you get from the spider that sells followers) not to mention the snails smh...

Try to start a new fresh save file and get them all again, but you must counter him in the crusade run not outside the crusade aka(free room) because that's what i did and it's bugged for me, Buy followers from him inside the crusade only and try to counter him in darkwood room it's the easiest way to get his card faster.

4 hours ago, xKurosakiSama said:

Try to start a new fresh save file and get them all again, but you must counter him in the crusade run not outside the crusade aka(free room) because that's what i did and it's bugged for me, Buy followers from him inside the crusade only and try to counter him in darkwood room it's the easiest way to get his card faster.

This is not true. While most people claim the card can only be earned during crusades, the card can also be earned outside of crusades, where Helob sits outside of Silk Cradle. 

My first playthrough, practically everything was bugged.. Ive done 2 playthroughs since, both playthroughs I got the card shortly after he shows up outside of crusades, near Silk Cradle, 3 encounters later. I also want to point out, when he first appears outside of Silk Cradle I bought 1 or 2 followers for him (not while Crusading), then every other time I was about to crusade in Anura, I would ignore him (wouldn't even look at the prices of the followers). Eventually, once entering the room where the crusade is chosen, Helob pulls the Lamb to the side automatically (as the Lamb enters) and grants the card.

If the file is bugged, its bugged.. But not because of purchasing followers outside of the crusades

Edited by OFFICER_OILDAB
Added to

On 8/17/2022 at 8:33 AM, StrazakGoz said:

I asked the official Cult of the Lamb twitter as well as the devs' twitter, and got no response for this specific question, but I scrolled through the Steam forums and saw the snails do indeed spawn after you defeat the 2nd boss with the latest patch for them. So it seems when we get the patch the snail issue will be totally fixed.

PC version received 4 patches already. While we still waiting for a single one. I hope it'll at least be a big one.

Wonder if it is the developers or sony. Because Disco Elysium, for example, had like 5 patches in the first week since launch on PlayStation. Almost every day.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Akrioz said:

PC version received 4 patches already. While we still waiting for a single one. I hope it'll at least be a big one.

Wonder if it is the developers or sony. Because Disco Elysium, for example, had like 5 patches in the first week since launch on PlayStation. Almost every day.

You need to understand not only the process of certification takes some time, but also the developers need to pay for every patch. This is the case for both Sony and Microsoft. For these reasons it makes more sense to test it on PC and then make a bulk of the fixes into a single patch on consoles. The community manager gave me 2 weeks estimate when I asked him about the snail fix a few days ago.

hGszQb5.png

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

For these reasons it makes more sense to test it on PC and then make a bulk of the fixes into a single patch on consoles

I am fine with this approach. I am just afraid that they'll ship us an the same individual patches, but much slower.

57 minutes ago, hydruxxo said:

They should be doing smaller patches with the most significant bug fixes in the first one rather than making people wait 2+ weeks for one big patch. 

They can't. Sony and Microsoft both require certification no matter how small the patch is. I went thru this same thing with the PS4 version of Princess Farmer. The PC version was patched hours after bugs were found, while the Xbox version took 2 weeks and the PS4 version a few days after the Xbox One. They literally have to make every patch count.

• Like 4

On 15.8.2022 at 3:16 AM, AIMonster2 said:

Have you tried killing the 2nd boss again?

I just went to the 2nd boss location but it was replaced with another monster (as far as I can tell). The boss (Heket) is crossed of my list. Two more are on it. Maybe the game hands out the trophy after I complete the quest. At least that is my hope. But it seems like a second playthrough is neccessary. For now I try to obtain as many trophies as I can on my first save file.

On 18/08/2022 at 0:04 AM, xKurosakiSama said:

i got the spider card by ignoring him in the hub world