$10 Death Stranding Standard Edition - PlayStation 4

dmsleight

I stumbled on Best Buys game deals and saw Death Stranding was on sale for $10.  They are doing a $10 game, every day, for 10 days.

Seems like a great deal.  Any recommendations on this? Is it worth it?  I think I've seen good ratings for it.

Not familiar with linking rules, sorry in advanced.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-games/video-games-on-sale/pcmcat1649105798442.c?id=pcmcat1649105798442

long game to be enjoyed. 100 hour platinum i think.

i plan on playing it someday i bought it for 5$ on gamestop.

edit: there's also a 10$ upgrade offer for ps5 if have the ps4 version of the game either digital or physical.

disc inserted into drive for physical oops.

Edited by Lordguwa

10 minutes ago, dmsleight said:

I stumbled on Best Buys game deals and saw Death Stranding was on sale for $10.  They are doing a $10 game, every day, for 10 days.

Seems like a great deal.  Any recommendations on this? Is it worth it?  I think I've seen good ratings for it.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/video-games/video-games-on-sale/pcmcat1649105798442.c?id=pcmcat1649105798442

It's a hit or miss I would say. Some people found this very boring other people praised it. So keep in mind that this game is not for everybody and I can see why.

If you are not into Hideo Kojima games here is a little background information about his games. Hideo Kojima games are VERY cutscene heavy. Death Stranding starts very slow and the "real game" begins at chapter 3 if I remember correctly. Later in the game you get more gadgets, vehicles etc to make your life and deliveries easier. It's an enjoyable game. Sometimes frustrating but enjoyable.

DS is very unique in my eyes and the story was beautiful and from my personal perspective, I recommend it.

If you want to platinum this game keep in mind that the post end grind is a lot (at least it was for me and I took a break from this game) which doesn't mean that it's bad. I just take my time with games.

If you are still unsure if you want to play this game. Just watch a "Before you buy" video but 10$ is a great price anyway. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dmsleight said:

I think it is worth getting. This is from a guy that had zero interest in the game when it released back in 2019. Came of as weird to me. With it being available on PS Plus Extra, I decided to give it a try.

I enjoyed the game though. Strangely, I found the game relaxing if you can believe it. Delivering orders for example, I found it soothing. Making my way on foot or on a vehicle to deliver orders was nice. Took me about 95 hours to get the platinum.

Death Stranding is a very, very long game (especially for the plat). It's often a frustrating game (especially for the plat). And, par for the course with Kojima, it's confusing and silly as hell (unrelated to the plat, at least).

But...it's also a highly unique, engaging, and genuinely provocative experience that shows, for better and worse, what Kojima can do when out from under the yoke of Konami. Playing it blind at the end of 2019/beginning of 2020 was an honestly life-changing and emotional experience for me, and I don't regret one second of that playtime. $10 for it is a steal, it has my whole-hearted recommendation.

13 hours ago, dmsleight said:

A very interesting sale. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. 

Looks like it's Watch Dogs: Legion today. Weakest of the three games, but I'd say it's worth it for that price. The Bloodline DLC is better than the main game. 

I'll have to remember to come back the next few days and see if there's anything worth it here. Already have Death Stranding, and I didn't care about the first three days deals. 

6 hours ago, Viper said:

Looks like it's Watch Dogs: Legion today. Weakest of the three games, but I'd say it's worth it for that price. The Bloodline DLC is better than the main game. 

I'll have to remember to come back the next few days and see if there's anything worth it here. Already have Death Stranding, and I didn't care about the first three days deals. 

I'm not expecting anything sexy.  Probably trying to clear out stock, but hopefully they have a gem or 2.  $10 for a ps5 game is pretty good, if its a game you'd play.