Does anyone know the specifics for the Helob Tarot card?

Haikrazon

3 hours ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

I just got this card. It seems that if you buy an animal off of him, then ignore him for the next couple of appearances, he gives you the card as a token of good faith. Like to come back to his shop again, if that makes sense. 

Oh, and i didn't buy anywhere near 10. Maybe 2, 3 at most.

Oh dang really? By ignore, do you mean go to that room and don't buy? Or ignore the room entirely? With the snail problem and all the other bugs, I'm worried there's some obscure trigger I've missed or something. lol

1 hour ago, Haikrazon said:

Oh dang really? By ignore, do you mean go to that room and don't buy? Or ignore the room entirely? With the snail problem and all the other bugs, I'm worried there's some obscure trigger I've missed or something. lol

Nope, not during a crusade, all business I did was outside of the dungeons. 

I actually just made a third playthrough, as Im trying to figure out a solution (if possible) for the snail dilemma, and got the card again. Same thing. Bought a follower at full price, left him alone (didnt even walk up to him) for a few dungeon runs, and he eventually stops you and its like a mini cutscene/dialogue. 

Btw, snails seem completely bugged. Im going to post my findings in the platinum bugged thread

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

Nope, not during a crusade, all business I did was outside of the dungeons. 

I actually just made a third playthrough, as Im trying to figure out a solution (if possible) for the snail dilemma, and got the card again. Same thing. Bought a follower at full price, left him alone (didnt even walk up to him) for a few dungeon runs, and he eventually stops you and its like a mini cutscene/dialogue. 

Btw, snails seem completely bugged. Im going to post my findings in the platinum bugged thread

ooohhh okay gotcha. Maybe like a so many days kind of thing similar to the gold well in Midas. Thank you man! About to do a few runs to see if I get it. While we wait for the snail nonsense, I guess I'll just finish everything else out. I did some reading on Steam too. I guess even the people that farm them before boss kills still arent even getting drops. So now it's just a race to see who hops on fast enough after the patch for first plat. lol

I don't know if it's bugged since you say you've purchased a number of times, but from a fresh save I was able to get Fervour's Host, Helob's tarot card, after encountering him during crusades. I bought 3 followers from him only during crusades, then found him a 4th time during a crusade and he gave me the card. Just a note, it could have been 4 followers, but I recorded myself buying 3 followers as well as receiving the card.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Septomor said:

I don't know if it's bugged since you say you've purchased a number of times, but from a fresh save I was able to get Fervour's Host, Helob's tarot card, after encountering him during crusades. I bought 3 followers from him only during crusades, then found him a 4th time during a crusade and he gave me the card. Just a note, it could have been 4 followers, but I recorded myself buying 3 followers as well as receiving the card.

Yea, after chatting a bit in the discord, I found a few people with a similar issue. I think there's some kind of progression proc that bugs him out. A patch is supposed to be out in the next few days, so I hope that gets covered as well. 

On 2022-08-14 at 9:57 PM, Septomor said:

When you bought from him:

1. did you finish that crusade by killing the end room boss and then returning to your cult home base

2. left the area immediately with L1

or

3. rerunning the same dungeon 4 times before returning to your cult home base?

OR

4. Just 4 random runs of a crusade through different dungeons where you bought from him?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Whitewas said:

When you bought from him:

1. did you finish that crusade by killing the end room boss and then returning to your cult home base

2. left the area immediately with L1

or

3. rerunning the same dungeon 4 times before returning to your cult home base?

OR

4. Just 4 random runs of a crusade through different dungeons where you bought from him?

Both finished crusades on one playthrough and L1'd immediately on another. I actually did a 3rd run and tried it again and same results, 3 followers, 4th time card. Never bought from him in the hub area. I did it all in Darkwood on my 3rd run, not sure about the first 2 runs but I doubt it was all in Darkwood for those.

Edited by Septomor
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Septomor said:

Both finished crusades on one playthrough and L1'd immediately on another. I actually did a 3rd run and tried it again and same results, 3 followers, 4th time card. Never bought from him in the hub area. I did it all in Darkwood on my 3rd run, not sure about the first 2 runs but I doubt it was all in Darkwood for those.

Do you know if doing this and getting the card in a new game would trigger the achievement, or do you have to get all the other Tarot cards again in the new playthrough?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GhanmiK said:

Do you know if doing this and getting the card in a new game would trigger the achievement, or do you have to get all the other Tarot cards again in the new playthrough?

i get the helob card yesterday in a new save slot and i didn't receive the trophy so yeah it won't work, you must re-collect them again sadly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

To anyone struggling, if buying 20+ followers, and still not obtaining the tarot card needed, the file is most likely bugged, and creating a new save file to completion is way faster than buying numerous amounts of extra followers. The game can be complete in 5-6hrs

I better wait for patch than lose more hours... I really don't like management stuff?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gskyace said:

Still nothing after PS5 patch...

Anyone knows how to unlock the card? 

One trophy to platinum

Thats unfortunate to hear. Im just going to do another new game to grab all of the cards sadly. Instead of waiting for another patch. This one took long enough to come out as is. 

I just got it after starting a new play through. 

He spawned for me once during the first area and i bought the follower from him. 

After that i did not interact with him outside the dungeon and he did not respawn inside the dungeon until i completed silk cradle for the first time and did a second run and he was there from from my first try. So, i bought the follower from him, went back directly to the cult and he gave me the card outside the dungeon when i ran past him. 

Patch 1.0.11 adresses this issue on PC. Our console patch seems to be based on an earlier version. I will wait for the next one personally. Have better things to do than replaying the game for 1 card. 

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 4