PS5 store now defaults to Best Sellers, sorts cheap Platinum games to bottom

Alos88

i mean, they could just not approve the game if they wanted. they took that one game off the market because its trailer said it was the fastest platinum game. its a bit hypocritical. they act like they have no power or say in it lol. also if other people like them who is anyone to say get rid of it. just dont play them. i use to hate them to and over the past few years started to like them. the only thing it impacts is the leaderboard which dont matter really. someone is always going to do more then the next person or have more time or more money. think about the 15 yr old with no job who just now started playing for trophies and everyone else has 14 years of trophy hunting jump start lol 

Edited by melodicmizery

Even the janitor at Sony could sort this shit out for some extra pay during his coffee break if they gave him a desk and a controller. It should take 10-15 minutes to intercept the daily dollar for one minute platinum crap flow to the storefront.

Edited by Nebnit
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

In what way?

I’ve read 1984 many times, but I can’t recall the section where Winston is earning easy platinum trophies?

My memory isn’t what it used to be though…

We had to read 1984 in literacy back when I was in school, but for some reason we stopped at the moment Winston entered Room 101. They could have been playing Playstation for all I know.

Edited by breakingthegreen
  • Like 3

lol go back to playing jaguar and 3d0

1 minute ago, Mori said:

Can we just appreciate the fact, that Sony actually acknowledged the issue? Like, people have been shouting that Sony gives a flying fuck about anything these days and yet here we are.

Now lets hope it doesn't stop there...

because YOU dont like it, it shouldnt be there? sony could just not approve the games in the first place

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Geridian said:

Or people change the console environment and embrace Nintendo. No achievements/trophies = No trash platinum games.

Sounds like using a nuke to open a can of soda, there are far less 'scorched earth' tactics they could easily implement.

3 minutes ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

lol was just kidding honestly seems I shoulda kept it in the joke vault. It’s a change for the best really. Those who know the games already exist will still be able to feed their trophy hunger and those who want to see actual new games will be able to finally see what’s out. Both parties will be satisfied. Hope I cleared the air. 

? Damn - missed the sarcasm - joke’s on me then! ?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

Sounds like using a nuke to open a can of soda, there are far less 'scorched earth' tactics they could easily implement.

No "scorched earth tactic", just a easy solution for people disliking such jumping games being sold on there console platform of choice.

Meh. I don't care for Switch and I like trophies fine enough- it's nowhere near a problem drastic enough to jump platforms. Removing these scam artists shouldn't be hard- especially not when they've apparently violated the rules to create ghost publishers specifically to get around the limit on the number of games they release in quick succession- THAT is what I think is going to get them removed outright at the end of the day.

11 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

Meh. I don't care for Switch and I like trophies fine enough- it's nowhere near a problem drastic enough to jump platforms. Removing these scam artists shouldn't be hard- especially not when they've apparently violated the rules to create ghost publishers specifically to get around the limit on the number of games they release in quick succession- THAT is what I think is going to get them removed outright at the end of the day.

In fairness, the Switch’s eShop has arguably even more lazy cash grab games than PSN. There’s lesser 3rd party support from the big publishers on Switch and the audience is a lot younger so there’s a whole eco-system of talentless devs making super simple/IP-infringing games to fill that vacuum and either catch out the uninformed or cater to parents looking for simple button pushing games to keep Peppa Pig off the TV without their child smashing up the place.

Edited by Tsundokuist
  • Like 1