PS5 store now defaults to Best Sellers, sorts cheap Platinum games to bottom

Alos88

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It's like a supermarket - nothing wrong with a supermarket stocking the cheapest, most unhealthy foods - they should, it is a store for everyone, after all - but there's a reason that they are at the back of the store, and the fresh fruit and veg is the first thing you see when you walk in.

It benefits the store, as well as the consumer. 

This is an amazing analogy.

• Like 1

Searching for games on this site by the developer, genre, and theme tags they have on their trophy list page works just fine. It's not perfect as some games don't have such catgeory tags but most of them does.* Plus, you can further sort them by points and rarity, and it's a lot faster compared to browsing the Store on the PS4 and PS3.

* Those jumping trash games seem not to be tagged at all and those animal letter parodies are usually tagged only as "simulators", so you probably won't bump into them when you search for games this way.

4 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

no, it was updated specifically to address this issue recently - here's a few of the news articles outlining it

None of those articles have any comments from any Sony representatives, they’re all just speculation repeating the same claim. 

It’s just as likely it was coincidental and one could make the argument it gives attention to higher margin games and aligns with the worldwide console pricing alignment that also just happened in a move to improve their accounting for 2022. 

On 8/25/2022 at 3:42 AM, AugustUnder said:

but I don't think we really need to get all bent out of shape because people kind of like grabbing a .99 cent game with a cruddy bowling mechanic coupled with some sort of bible lesson which no one reads. Me playing that doesn't really change the enjoyment I get out of Nioh. In fact, I find that I come to appreciate the more "respectable" games even more after a few palate cleansers.

I don't think it's the fact that people play them that bothers trophy hunters so much as the fact that they essentially render trophy leaderboards & competitions pay to win. I play a fair amount of indie games with easy-ish platinum trophies myself, but none quite as shameless.

• Like 1