Trouble popping a few trophies (Workaround Found)

Throw7

Running into an issue with a few of these trophies. Strangely I haven't seen these topics come up in the PS4 forum which leads me to believe these are new issues for PS5.

100% Apocalypse Flasks

I believe I collected every flask but the trophy didn't pop. I was able to upgrade everything in the skills menu and the 100% items trophy even popped when I picked up the last flask. I reloaded my save and tried to pick it up a few more times but no luck.

- Low Percent

- Mostly Invincible

Did both of these during my speedrun but the trophies won't pop. My ending screen says 1 death (which I believe is not optional) and 22% items collected so according to the game's own data the trophies should have popped from what I understand. I did use some of the accessibility settings for the speedrun and I'm wondering if that prevented the invincible trophy from popping but I have no explanation for the low percent trophy.

On another strange but somewhat related note, the first time I finished the speedrun, the pacifist and speedrun mode trophies both popped but the under 6 hour trophy didn't pop even though the final screen listed my run as just over 2 hours. I loaded the speedrun save and did the final boss again and the second time the under 6 hour trophy popped. So there's definitely something up with these trophies.

Not sure what else to try. Open to any advice.

Edited by Throw7

I know back when the PS4 version came out, there was a bug that stopped the All Arms trophy from popping at launch. It would seem the Apocalypse Flasks are the issue this time. I got 100% items, all my maps show all items in each area found, including the emergence so it seems the trophy is broken right now. I did through a tweet over to Tom hopefully a patch is released before too long. Unfortunately, that almost certainly means another full playthrough for me since I saved after I got the last one.

I also can't get Low Percent or Mostly Invincible to pop. I just did three runs using major glitches and neither popped. I did it in speedrun mode (both with and without accessiblity options) and one in the normal game mode. No luck.

I saved the last flasks for the two bosses in Anunna gorge. (43,28) I made a backup save though in the cloud. The first time i just got all flasks trophy, but not the 100% items trophy. After reloading my save and beating them again, the 100% item trophy popped. The Low percent and other trophy are not working though, after a few different tries.

46 minutes ago, yamsluffy said:

I saved the last flasks for the two bosses in Anunna gorge. (43,28) I made a backup save though in the cloud. The first time i just got all flasks trophy, but not the 100% items trophy. After reloading my save and beating them again, the 100% item trophy popped. The Low percent and other trophy are not working though, after a few different tries.

Interesting, I appreciate the info. The only flask I've tried to get last is the one before the final boss so maybe that's the difference. The only save I have is from right before that flask so I'd have to start over and collect them all again to test. Might give it another run in a few days. Thanks!

Collecting the flasks from the bosses at (43,28) worked and the 100% flasks trophy has now popped for me.

Gave another go for the under 40% items and invincible trophies. Did a normal run (not speedrun), never died except for the story one, and ended with well under 20% of items according to the ending screen. No luck. Haven't received a reply to my tweet. Anyone else hear anything?

• 3 weeks later...

I stumbled on a tweet from Tom saying that the issue appears to be related to multiple trophies being triggered at once and that only one trigger will actually fire. This falls in line with what many of us experienced as far as getting the final item in the game and the "100% Items" trophy popping but not the trophy for the actual item that was picked up (e.g. "100% Apocalypse Flasks"). I had two bugged trophies left:

- Mostly Invincible

- Low Percent

So I decided to test the multiple trigger theory by excluding everything I could. I loaded up a save and got the following things in place:

- Not in speedrun mode

- Over 6 hours in game time

- Killed a large boss

- Collected over 40% of all items

- Died 1 time

With all of this true, the only trophy I would theoretically be eligible for was "Mostly Invincible" and after beating the final boss, it actually popped. So now I loaded up another save and got the following things in place:

- Not in speedrun mode

- Killed a large boss

- Collected under 40% of all items

- Died 2 times

With all of this true, the only trophy I would theoretically be eligible for was "Low Percent" but this time the trophy didn't pop. After the credits I loaded the save again, died a 3rd time, and killed a 2nd large boss. I beat the final boss again but still no trophy. I closed the game and restarted it. Then I went for the final boss yet again without changing anything else and this final time it popped along with the plat.

In summary, the multiple trigger theory seems to hold true. But even with all elements correct the trophies still seem finicky. If you've already popped an ending related trophy, it might help to close and restart the game before attempting another one. Not sure if/when a patch is coming so this workaround will have to suffice for now if you don't want to wait.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2022 at 11:22 AM, Throw7 said:

I stumbled on a tweet from Tom saying that the issue appears to be related to multiple trophies being triggered at once and that only one trigger will actually fire. This falls in line with what many of us experienced as far as getting the final item in the game and the "100% Items" trophy popping but not the trophy for the actual item that was picked up (e.g. "100% Apocalypse Flasks"). I had two bugged trophies left:

- Mostly Invincible

- Low Percent

So I decided to test the multiple trigger theory by excluding everything I could. I loaded up a save and got the following things in place:

- Not in speedrun mode

- Killed a large boss

- Died 1 time

With all of this true, the only trophy I would theoretically be eligible for was "Mostly Invincible" and after beating the final boss, it actually popped. So now I loaded up another save and got the following things in place:

- Not in speedrun mode

- Killed a large boss

- Died 2 times

With all of this true, the only trophy I would theoretically be eligible for was "Low Percent" but this time the trophy didn't pop. After the credits I loaded the save again, died a 3rd time, and killed a 2nd large boss. I beat the final boss again but still no trophy. I closed the game and restarted it. Then I went for the final boss yet again without changing anything else and this final time it popped along with the plat.

In summary, the multiple trigger theory seems to hold true. But even with all elements correct the trophies still seem finicky. If you've already popped an ending related trophy, it might help to close and restart the game before attempting another one. Not sure if/when a patch is coming so this workaround will have to suffice for now if you don't want to wait.

I have commented on this tweet you’re referring to, still haven’t heard anything back from him. 
Sad because I hate blemishes on my trophy list. Hope they address it soon. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 11:22 AM, Throw7 said:

- Mostly Invincible

- Low Percent

- Not in speedrun mode

- Killed a large boss

- Died 1 time

- Not in speedrun mode

- Killed a large boss

- Died 2 times

thank you, this did manage to work each time

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on this … I just got the 100% and the flask trophy did not pop.

I have a save from midway through but not sure I want to play that save again and collect all flasks me if the other trophies are buggy I don’t want to play another 3 times under very specific conditions to see if they pop. 

• 3 weeks later...

Reached out to Tom Happ via Twitter to see if there was an update on this. He tagged another individual Tom Spillman in the thread.  Seems there's a separate studio that handled the PS5 port and he's unsure what the status on fixing these trophies are.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Following this thread and hoping for a solution. I just so happened to make a save at 99% with one Apocalypse Flask left to get from The Emergence. That flask was also my last item for 100% completion, that trophy did trigger. When i reloaded the save, and went back to get the flask again, it still does not pop the "100% Apocalypse Flasks" trophy. I created a copy of the save in hopes a patch will allow me to come back later and sort it out.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mattheuz said:

If you download the PS4 version and play on PS5 are the trophies fine then? I don't see that many benefits for PS5 version graphicwise on this kind of game. Might be the faster loading times that you miss out on.

I would also like confirmation if the PS4 version is bug free or not. Are there any known workarounds for the PS5 trophies that are buggy?

23 hours ago, Quink666 said:

I would also like confirmation if the PS4 version is bug free or not. Are there any known workarounds for the PS5 trophies that are buggy?

I just obtained 100% of items, flasks, map, etc. but the trophy for 100% items will not pop on PS4. I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. I am not running through it again just to get it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrUltros said:

I just obtained 100% of items, flasks, map, etc. but the trophy for 100% items will not pop on PS4. I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. I am not running through it again just to get it.

Are you playing the PS4 version on PS5 or PS4? Because I wrote the guide on PST and the trophies for PS4 should all be patched to pop correctly, at least if you play on a PS4. I need some clarification for the PS5 version so I can update my guide.

• Like 1