Rituals glitched?

Ashande

Having a bit of a problem, wondering if anyone else has experienced this and found a workaround.

Currently working on Anchordeep (but have visited the 4th dungeon once.) The last few times I’ve tried to perform a ritual, the game just hangs, like it’s waiting for an animation to play that isn’t; this occurs on Sacrifice, Feast and Revive. I can still access the pause menu, Save, and quit; if I save and reload, the game puts me to before the ritual was selected, and the effects do not appear to be applied in most cases, though the Feast still filled up the Hunger bar. Sacrificed characters are back after a reload, and Revived characters remain dead, and Faith changes are not recorded.

3 hours ago, Ashande said:

Having a bit of a problem, wondering if anyone else has experienced this and found a workaround.

Currently working on Anchordeep (but have visited the 4th dungeon once.) The last few times I’ve tried to perform a ritual, the game just hangs, like it’s waiting for an animation to play that isn’t; this occurs on Sacrifice, Feast and Revive. I can still access the pause menu, Save, and quit; if I save and reload, the game puts me to before the ritual was selected, and the effects do not appear to be applied in most cases, though the Feast still filled up the Hunger bar. Sacrificed characters are back after a reload, and Revived characters remain dead, and Faith changes are not recorded.

Yeah it's a bug from the game itself, just save then exit to the main menu then return back to do it again that's what i do when it happens for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xKurosakiSama said:

Yeah it's a bug from the game itself, just save then exit to the main menu then return back to do it again that's what i do when it happens for me.

Yeah, I had been doing that, and it usually worked itself out. But now every time I do a ritual of any type (including the Sacrifice option that grants you a resurrection while Crusading) it just freezes, and with the exception of the cult’s Hunger value if I perform a feast, none of the benefits of the ritual are present when I return.

Unfortunate, but I think I’m kind of at a brick wall, and will have to hang this one up for a bit until a patch comes.

30 minutes ago, Ashande said:

Yeah, I had been doing that, and it usually worked itself out. But now every time I do a ritual of any type (including the Sacrifice option that grants you a resurrection while Crusading) it just freezes, and with the exception of the cult’s Hunger value if I perform a feast, none of the benefits of the ritual are present when I return.

Unfortunate, but I think I’m kind of at a brick wall, and will have to hang this one up for a bit until a patch comes.

What can i say it's a new game after all it contain a lot of bugs tho but i got used to it after all, you'll get used to it too, maybe they'll patch the game this week and i hope that.

Absolutely having problems with Rituals, started happening around Day 80 or so.

Most the time I have to go to Main Menu to quit out of a glitched Ritual. The Ritual just sits there doing the animations but no text appears. Sacrificing, Bonfire, Feast, doesn't seem to matter what kind of Ritual it is. Doesn't happen every time, maybe 50% of the time, but I've probably quit to Main Menu to fix a borked Ritual about 20~30 times.

Also some times I don't get the option to Sacrifice / Ascend certain Followers even though they've been a member of my community for 20+ days.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2022 at 2:04 AM, proud2bNs said:

Restart the game. Quit to MM doesn't fix anything, the next ritual you perform will glitch as well.

I second this. I was quitting to the main menu and then returning only to have the next ritual glitch on me every single time. As soon as I quit out of the game then reloaded I was able to perform rituals again without issue.

Devs are aware of the bug so I suspect we will see a patch soon. Apparently it's across all platforms and they are currently working on a fix.

• Like 1