Conscientious Killer trophy question

Prototype1690

So I’m currently cleaning up a few miscellaneous trophies.

For Conscientious Killer I would like to know if it’s enough to replay chapters 4, 5 and 10 where they have civilians running around, just making sure you don’t accidentally shoot them? Is it enough to just replay the sections where you have previously and accidentally killed one of the innocent bystanders?At least that’s what I read in another forum. Also what if one of the Civilians is hit and killed by the Helghast, does that void the trophy? Would be nice if someone could shed some light on this, thank you.

From the Guide :):

This isn't a hard trophy, just remember as your playing through the game to avoid shooting civilians, as tempting as it might be. This should unlock after you complete the game, if it doesn't then you must have shot some civilians by accident but don't worry, you can just replay the chapters that have civilians and do not shot any this time and still unlock the trophy.

Chapters with civilians are:

• Chapter 4
  • Chapter 5
  • Chapter 10

Unfortunately it doesn't specify if kills by NPCs count or not :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Given that the No die trophy popped after replaying the Sub-Chapter i was missing, I highly expect just replaying the chapter you killed a civilian is enough to pop the trophy.

I suspect the game having a hidden track record of Kill Civilian: Yes/No after Mission completion.

• Like 1

While I'm not 100% certain, most of the time when these "do not kill civilian" type trophies are in games, 99.9% of the time, it means only kills directly by you and not the NPCs. So if you shoot an explosive barrel and it kills a civilian, it would count as a civilian kill, but an enemy NPC killing a civilian, if even if you accidentally shot at them first, shouldn't count.

I would say just replay the chapters once and you should unlock it easily as long as you're actively avoiding shooting them.

• Like 1

I just got the trophy. It’s like TheRedMaverick said, it’s only for people that you actually kill with your own weapons. Got it after clearing a section in chapter 5 and reaching a checkpoint. Right before that I shot some Helghast and they in turn hit a civilian that dropped dead, but shortly after the trophy popped regardless.

• Like 1