new to trophy hunting.

TheLoreMage

i started this psn account in 2019 hoping to start trophy hunting. i didn't realize how much went into getting 100% in a game, i don't play everyday and i just wanted tips how people get plats to games so quickly? except the 99% games like my name is mayo. do you play everyday all day?

Welcome! Usually people purchase and play easy games that basically take 5 to 10 minutes to 100%, which is a really fast method to get more platinums. You can also make accounts from different regions and get a separate trophy list so you can redo everything again for another easy platinum.

Edited by gamercris066
  • Like 1

I imagine for a lot of people that have several plats, (and not just in EZPZ games designed simply for plats like My Name is Mayo or Jumping Chicken Nuggets or whatever) they likely primarily, or only play games on Playstation systems.

But I'd say it isn't really worth worrying about how many plats other people have, and/or how quickly they obtained them. You're better off deciding for yourself how you want to earn trophies, whether you want a high trophy completion percentage, whether you want to only platinum certain games, whether you'd rather play games you know you won't platinum on a separate account, etc.

With the aforementioned games that exist only to give your account trophies, pursuing the leader boards seriously nowadays seems like more stress than it's worth. But ultimately it's up to you, just remember if you're not having fun, there's probably not much point in doing whatever it is you are doing - games exist for entertainment first and foremost, there's already enough stress and monotony IRL for you to needlessly add more onto the pile.

• Like 3

Just play what you really do enjoy, and are excited to keep playing - don’t go for the joyless number-inflators - I’d imagine that would drive someone mental after a while! ?

I don’t think many folks here game all day long - most folks skew older, and have full time jobs and family commitments - but making time to play is easy when you really enjoy it, and want to make time for it ?

You’ll be surprised how quick those platinums build up with just a few hours gaming a day - just don’t ever let it feel like work! 

• Like 4

Here's my 2 cents on what games to go for if you want a bunch of easy (but not too easy) platinums, playing recent games is a very easy road to getting platinums fast.

Many trophy lists in both the triple AAA and indie space are learning that they don't need to be infinitely replayable or multiplayer to be worth a damn. Also more and more are incorporating accessibility controls that are designed to let everyone play games, regardless of ability, it can feel dirty to use if you have a lot of pride, but I still use escalators and lifts so I'm happy to use them.

Another advantage is that the bar to have a platinum has lowered over time, like the PS4 version of Edith Finch being Plat-less but the PS5 version being a very doable platinum.

Also I think adding to @DrBloodmoney's point of Platting what you like, is to avoid completing what you hate, by this I mean even if you're playing a game you really love, but you're becoming sick and tired of it, stop. You can come back later, I've been chipping away at Crash 4's 106% ending for nearly 2 years, and I'm glad I wasn't going all in one go, I would have gone insane.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

You’ll be surprised how quick those platinums build up with just a few hours gaming a day - just don’t ever let it feel like work! 

This^

I retired from active trophy hunting 2 years ago due to all the health, financial and family problems it was causing but since then, I've grown from 200 Plats, to 320 Plats and that was just by playing whatever I felt like playing at the time :). Yes, I've ended up playing some utter drivel in that time but it has made me appreciate the gems in my collection that much more and killed off my interest in playing most of the EZPZ titles because they are so unfulfilling to play and a complete waste of money. I've also given up on the vast majority of the trophy hunting events I used to do with my friends, because they were just too stressful and irritating.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

Welcome to the forums! :) Wishing you the best in all of your trophy endeavors! I would say that both playing games that you enjoy and a bit of research before starting the titles, contribute greatly to helping you complete fun games quickly and efficiently for those platinum and 100%s. I find for myself that I like to have a few games from different genres too in order to prevent genre burnout. For example, I love rogue-lite titles but can get burnt out on occasion after learning complex systems or memorizing what each of the different loot pools has too. Taking the moment to install a different genre game that I've been looking forward to also keeps me moving forward in trophy hunting since I'm excited to be running through a different game experience. 

Happy hunting! :)

• Like 1

I only play and platinum games I like, i tend not to do the whole buying tons of 5-10 min plat games from different regions for the sake of increasing platinum numbers. For me it's been a quality over quantity thing. I don't skip through tons of VN's just for platinums either, I only do that if I bought a game and didn't like it, but the platinum is easy. 

The way I do it is I mostly play JRPGs which are long platinums but great to have, I feel proud to have a lot of them like all my FF plats and Tales plats, as they took a lot of work to get. It makes me feel better having rarer plats than all these common easy ones that 90% of players have. It also males your profile look better if it has more than just games like sound shapes and my name is mayo, quality plats give substance to a profile and also show you as a gamer, what type of games you like and it becomes more fun, interesting and personalised. My otome games are easy to platinum, but I enjoy VNs and otome so I read them as opposed to actual books. 

So I would start with games you like. Looking at your profile, I'm not familiar with a lot of the games other than FF Type 0 which is a good one to get, it's only 30 hours and not difficulty to platinum. You could also finish off some of the ones you are close to completing, like Armello and Nights of Azure, which looking at the trophy guides seem like they would not take long. If you have plus, this month Yakuza like a dragon is there so that one might me a good one to go for

• Like 1