13 Plats of Halloween: Resurrection (Event Concluded)

Well, count me in again for this year! Nice to see this make a comeback!

#1: Psychonauts (because monsters and brain stealing feels spooky enough for halloween)

#2: The Last of Us (Well, zombies)

#3: LEGO DC Super-Villains (Costumes are a good reminder of halloween, and there is no super-villain without a super costume)

Edited by MattbluePT

I'd like to join, I've been aiming to get some horror type games done in the near future, so this seems like a perfect event to enter!  I'm 1 trophy away from the Alien Isolation plat, and was thinking of doing The Evil Within next.  Obviously I'm not going to add Alien Isolation into my list, as that's practically done already.  I am looking at importing the Japanese version, and I also want to plat the PS3 version. I'll maybe add that once I have a copy!  I'll figure out my 3 entries and add them shortly.

Edit:

Zombie Army 4
The Evil Within - Pure horror game
Until Dawn - Interactive survival horror game

MediEvil - Play as a skeleton, have to fight ghosts, a Pumpkin King, etc.
The Evil Within 2
Little Nightmares
The Walking Dead Season 1
The Walking Dead Saints and Sinners
Vampyr

Edited by FFATMA

Alright I'm in this time! I'll go ahead and declare my games to be:

1) Resident Evil 2 (50th fastest: 1 day, 5 hours): Zombies!

2) Resident Evil 3 (50th fastest: 6 hours, 41 minutes): More zombies!

3) Lone Survivor (50th fastest: 10 hours, 42 minutes): An indie horror game with psychological horror and stealth aspects.

Edited by MissShake
  • Like 1

Not gonna lie, I have been kinda waiting for this event, I'm in. I'll edit this post and choose my 3 and 10 games once I really think which should be.

1. Darkside Detective A fumble in the Dark - Last year I did the first one, and now is time to do the sequel, it is a horror themed game, a funny Point and Click game, as the name kinda says it, the Detective jumps between dimensions to the Darkside.
  2. Man of Medan - Last year this was a game that I couldn't do, this year I already started this, need to do 2 more runs in the game, this year I'll finish it, so to make sure of it, I'll lock it down. Man of Medan is a horror adventure game.
  3. In Sound Mind - This is a horror game that has a lot of sounds and music themes, something like that, the trailer showed the game and it really looked fun and scary, I don't want to really watch more because I don't want to spoil, but it is a horror game.
  4. DOOM- You go to Hell so I guess that fits right?
  5. Destroy all humans- I have the ps2-ps4 versions and I am going to this one out of the way. Alien invading earth.
  6. Manhunt- There is nothing scarier than a bunch of guys killing each other for entertainment.
  7. The Persistence-  Some sort of zombies on space, is horror genre.
  8. SIMULCRA- One of those movie games, a female that disapeared and you are investigating her phone to know what happened.
  9. Remothered Tormented Fathers. Horror game
  10. Metro Exodus. Post apocalyptic russia, lots of monsters and very tense.
  11. Dark Nights with Poe ans Munro. Tv-like episodes of supernatural strangeness.

Edited by MAUSZX
  • Like 1

I'm happy to be making art for this event, so of course I'm in. I have the badge design done too. One of my favorites ever. I can't wait until you guys see it! I have to make some adjustments to my big list of 13 games, since I didn't anticipate the 6 hour rule. So for now, I'll just lock in my first three.

(Edit: I picked out my other ones now)

1. The Quarry - This game reminds me so much of books from series like Fear Street and Goosebumps. I've been a horror fan since elementary school when I was out trick-or-treating myself.
  2. Resident Evil 0 - I started a personal challenge to plat or 100% all the numbered Resident Evil games. I began this right before the Gaming by Numbers event and then stopped and saved it for this event, since I had some advance notice. I might play a more RE titles in this event since the first few are creepy zombie games. 
  3. Alien Isolation - I plat this on an older abandoned account and started to replay it a couple of times and haven't gotten into the zone with it yet. Locking it in here since we based the event art on it. 
  4. Call of Cthulhu - Cosmic horror game. I know very little. Just that you are investigating a mysterious death in the Boston area and things get dark and you have to contend with your own sanity by the end. 
  5. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - I know it's based on the Castlevania series and some of the original creators of that are involved. Based on the name and artwork, I'm making the assumption that vampires are involved and I'll fight lots of ghoulies and ghosties.
  6. Prey - Another one, I don't know a lot about. I think this space game builds suspense and anxiety more than horror though. I don't know much about the plot. The one thing I know about it is the small aliens can jump scare you because they can mimic real objects perfectly. You'll walk past a desk and the coffee mug might attack you! The cover art looks pretty ominous. 
  7. Werewolf: The Apocolypse - Earthblood - Another, I don't know much about. It's kind of based around stopping an evil corporation from destroying the environment. I know you play a werewolf and will end up fighting werewolves and other supernatural stuff.
  8. Graveyard Keeper - Kind of a management sim where you are running a graveyard in a medieval-like village. You need to spruce up the graves to make them pretty. There's some kind of story-line with you wanting to get back to your wife in the modern world and I think you need to make portals.
  9. Hades - You play as Zagreus, son of Hades, the god of the underworld. You start off kind of like a rebellious teen trying to run away from home. Every time you die, you end up right back House of Hades. Over time your situation improves, you get stronger, relationships evolve, and you can make it further and further. 
  10. Death Stranding - You walk around and deliver packages to people living in bunkers because the surface world is full of ghosts and very dangerous. 
  11. Ghostwire: Tokyo - There's a strange event and pretty much everyone is vaporized. During that cataclysmic event, your body was processed by a ghost and it somehow protected you. The spirit starts guiding you through a eerie version of Tokyo where yokai walk the streets. 
  12. Death's Door - You are a crow-like grim reaper. One day, one of your assigned souls is taken by another crow and sacrificed to Death's Door in an attempt to open it. You are locked in and must figure out how to open Death's Door to reclaim it.
  13. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - I was working on this platinum when I got a puppy and I put the VR away to protect the cords. My dog is a bit over a year old now. She still chews up things, but much less than before. If I'm careful it should be safe to revisit this.

Edited by Man of Inaction
  • Like 1

I will rejoin this! Hopefully this time I will complete more than just three games overall, which probably means I should work on the list before October starts ?

Locked-in games:

Corpse Party (PS4) (7%) - Remake of an old PC/PSP horror adventure game that I enjoyed back then, and I couldn't get 100% in the PSP version because of a bug that was never fixed, so I will definitely do it this time.

Costume Kingdom (PS4) (0%) - I'll just let the PSN Store description speak for itself, since I haven't played it yet: "Costume Kingdom is a Halloween themed turn based action-adventure game set in a open world environment and played from a third-person perspective. The player takes on the role of “Rain” a young child on a quest to beat the Apex Cup while unknowingly saving Halloween."

Kawaii Deathu Desu (PS4) (1%) - A beat-em-up starring various horror game characters, such as a female version of the Grim Reaper, a zombie, and a succubus.

Other games in consideration:

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 (PS4) (0%) - Castlevania spiritual successor that borrows its horror theme from said series

Demon Gaze (Vita) (25%) - summoning of demons to use in battle

Hades (PS4) (22%) - underworld and various demons

Hakuoki: Stories of the Shisengumi (PS3) (29%) - vampires and demons making up the majority of the cast

Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk (PS4) (6%) - witch protagonist with horror-themed dungeon crawling

Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3) (12%) - zombies

Mary Skelter Finale (PS4) (0%) - third game in the trilogy that I started with last event's Mary Skelter: Nightmares completion, this continues its horror-themed dungeon crawling.

Oxenfree (PS4) (0%) - indie horror adventure game

Undead Darlings ~no cure for love~ (PS4) (25%) - self explanatory from the title

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (Vita) (2%) - similar to the Saw series

I decided it wasn't a good idea to just pull the games I didn't finish from last year's event (though two of them are still there) because if I haven't played them by now, there's a good chance I won't finish them in the first place. Hopefully this list pulls me in a bit more than the previous one!

• Like 1

I'll join!

1. Oxenfree - A visit to an old military island with a ghostly rift that is opened for fun and games! (Or not!)

2. Erica - Delphi House, an asylum with an occult past.

3. South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS4) - Who doesn't want to see the gang dressed up in costumes to defeat the baddies and save South Park?

• Like 2

I've been Watching a horror movie every day for the 100 days prior to Halloween so this event is right up my alley and I'll be clearing even more out of the backlog

First Three games to Lock in

The Dark Pictures Anthology Little Hope: Witches and Ghosts

Dead Island Riptide: Zombies

The Last Of Us: More Zombies

Games I'm Debating:

South Park Stick Of Truth: Kids in costumes (what's more halloween than that?)

Psychonauts: Strong Tim Burton/ Halloween vibes

Dead Space: Space horror vibes

The Last Of Us Part 2: Even More Zombies

Killing Floor 2: Zombies

Prototype: Creepy Blood Powers

Bloodstained Ritual Of the Night: Vampire vibes

Lego Marvel Avengers: Super hero Costumes are all the rage

Bendy and the Ink Machine: Monsters and an orange color pallet

Hades: Welcome To The Underworld for Hades's birthday party of halloween

Edited by insainraven
Addind my potential other ten list. and their explanations

I was waitin' on this event actually.  Excited to see it's here.  Here's mine with justifications and what not.

Locked In:
Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle (PS4) - It's a sliding block game where you play Jason.  I would assume at least.

Wytchwood (PS4) -You're a witch, so like, yeah.

Resident Evil 7 - Gross zombies and bugs and such

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 1

Spreadsheet added and updated. Please add new posts if you want to make changes, etc.

Little Nightmares 2 does not count due to length @FFATMA

Here are my 3 locked in:

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes (PS4) - I tend to like these types of games. Until Dawn was great fun. Man of Medan was not that great, although the platinum replays made it better. Little Hope was great on the first playthru, but dull on the platinum journey replays. I am hoping this one is the best of both. I appreciate there is a developer out there willing to stick to the horror cinematic adventure game genre. 

Demon's Tier + (NA-PS4) - A rougelike where you are killing demons and monsters and if you fail to clear a level in time, the grim reaper chases you. I already got the NA Vita plat of this one. Makes for some decent mindless sessions.

Alien: Isolation (PS4) - Had it on my potential list last year. Now with making up this theme, I kind of have to plat it, right? This is probably amongst the scariest flat game, right?

I have a list of potentials for the rest, but those will start filling in as we get closer to the event. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Spreadsheet added and updated. Please add new posts if you want to make changes, etc.

Little Nightmares 2 does not count due to length @FFATMA

Here are my 3 locked in:

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes (PS4) - I tend to like these types of games. Until Dawn was great fun. Man of Medan was not that great, although the platinum replays made it better. Little Hope was great on the first playthru, but dull on the platinum journey replays. I am hoping this one is the best of both. I appreciate there is a developer out there willing to stick to the horror cinematic adventure game genre. 

Demon's Tier + (NA-PS4) - A rougelike where you are killing demons and monsters and if you fail to clear a level in time, the grim reaper chases you. I already got the NA Vita plat of this one. Makes for some decent mindless sessions.

Alien: Isolation (PS4) - Had it on my potential list last year. Now with making up this theme, I kind of have to plat it, right? This is probably amongst the scariest flat game, right?

I have a list of potentials for the rest, but those will start filling in as we get closer to the event. 

Oh I didn't realize it was so short!  I'll remove that one!

Alien Isolation is so worth it, although it can be scary.  I definitely think you should do it!

On 8/15/2022 at 11:56 PM, MAUSZX said:

Not gonna lie, I have been kinda waiting for this event, I'm in. I'll edit this post and choose my 3 and 10 games once I really think which should be.

1. Darkside Detective A fumble in the Dark - Last year I did the first one, and now is time to do the sequel, it is a horror themed game, a funny Point and Click game, as the name kinda says it, the Detective jumps between dimensions to the Darkside.
  2. Man of Medan - Last year this was a game that I couldn't do, this year I already started this, need to do 2 more runs in the game, this year I'll finish it, so to make sure of it, I'll lock it down. Man of Medan is a horror adventure game.
  3. In Sound Mind - This is a horror game that has a lot of sounds and music themes, something like that, the trailer showed the game and it really looked fun and scary, I don't want to really watch more because I don't want to spoil, but it is a horror game.
  4. DOOM- You go to Hell so I guess that fits right?
  5. Destroy all humans- I have the ps2-ps4 versions and I am going to this one out of the way. Alien invading earth.
  6. Manhunt- There is nothing scarier than a bunch of guys killing each other for entertainment.
  7. The Persistence-  Some sort of zombies on space, is horror genre.
  8. SIMULCRA- One of those movie games, a female that disapeared and you are investigating her phone to know what happened.
  9. Remothered Tormented Fathers. Horror game
  10. Metro Exodus. Post apocalyptic russia, lots of monsters and very tense.
  11. Dark Nights with Poe ans Munro. Tv-like episodes of supernatural strangeness.

If is ok, I want to leave the list like this, just want to see what games psplus adds this coming months so I can pick between those or some other games that I already own.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 2:32 PM, willythom88 said:

Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle (PS4) - It's a sliding block game where you play Jason.  I would assume at least.

You assume correctly. 

22 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

I think House of Ashes is the best of the Dark Pictures Anthology games. It is a much slower start, but by the end, it really goes places. I think you'll really enjoy it since you seem to have liked the others. They also have another coming out sometime this Fall called The Devil in Me. They haven't announced the exact date but the past two Dark Picture games have been late October. Might be too tight of a deadline to work that into this event. Of course there now is The Quarry. It's not part of The Dark Pictures, but it is the same type of game. I think it's just a longer experience and didn't fit the mold for the anthology. 

22 hours ago, FFATMA said:

Oh I didn't realize it was so short!  I'll remove that one!

It's definitely worth a play still. It's a shame it can't work here. 

• Like 1

There's quite a few spooky games on sale right now. It's hard to get the filters to capture everything since not all spooky games have the horror tag. Even if you are a bit timid check out what's cheap! Not all horror-tagged games are overtly scary.

Horror Games that take at least six hours and cost less than $20
https://platprices.com/search.php?sort=discperc&order=desc&ps4=1&ps5=1&vr=0&genre=Horror&price=20&timecat=atleast&time=6&hidedlc=1&hidedemos=1&fe=1

Here is a link to all the things on sale that take at least 6 hours. You'll have to sort through what would work for the event for yourself though. 

https://platprices.com/search.php?ps5=1&ps4=1&vr=0&genre=0&diffcat=atmost&diff=10&timecat=atleast&time=6&price=%241000&pub=&hidedemos=1&discount=1&page=1&sort=discounted&order=desc&fe=1

This event sounds pretty fun and I have been meaning to expand my horror game collection so I might aswell use this as an excuse so that I can buy more resident evil games.

1. Dark pictures: Man of Medan
  2. Dark pictures: Little Hope
  3. Dead rising 2 
  4. Resident Evil Revelations 2

Please make any changes in new posts below. I will not monitor older posts for changes. Thank you. :)

On 8/18/2022 at 4:21 PM, MAUSZX said:

If is ok, I want to leave the list like this, just want to see what games psplus adds this coming months so I can pick between those or some other games that I already own.

Couple of the games do not seem to count. Remothered and Dark Nights are too short. Dark Nights, I've played and can recommend for those who enjoy deeply B movie acting/story and FMV.

On 8/18/2022 at 4:49 PM, Man of Inaction said:

You assume correctly. 

I think House of Ashes is the best of the Dark Pictures Anthology games. It is a much slower start, but by the end, it really goes places. I think you'll really enjoy it since you seem to have liked the others. They also have another coming out sometime this Fall called The Devil in Me. They haven't announced the exact date but the past two Dark Picture games have been late October. Might be too tight of a deadline to work that into this event. Of course there now is The Quarry. It's not part of The Dark Pictures, but it is the same type of game. I think it's just a longer experience and didn't fit the mold for the anthology. 

It's definitely worth a play still. It's a shame it can't work here. 

I already preordered The Devil in Me. :) I can bite on Supermassive when they are on the budget side. The Quarry felt a bit step at $60, so I will continue waiting to snag it. Maybe it drops on a good sale closer to Halloween or I can grab a second hand copy. Why wouldn't The Quarry work?

On 8/19/2022 at 7:54 PM, dark_moon689 said:

Sure I have several spooky/creepy games that I've been ignoring that are in my backlog:

1. Man of Medan

2. Little Hope

3. Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice

This are the ones that will definitely be working on. As for the other 10, I think I have enough variety of options.

Hellblade, as impressive and interesting as it is, does not count. Unfortunately, the completion times are too short. The game is totally worth playing though. Very unique game, just be prepared to look past the combat. Its not bad, per say, just out of place. I am guessing that is one of the primary reasons why the sequel was announced/shown off almost 3 years ago and still does not have a release date. Well, that, and how on earth do they plan on carrying on the narrative after this game. Seems incongruous with what they were trying to do with the message of the first game.

In looking at the lists put up so far. I like to see Miles Morales, Sonic Unleashed, South Park, and LEGO DC in there. Nice mix-ups for the event. 

A few others are shoe-ins but are still nice to see. Lollipop Chainsaw is a wild ride, even if a bit dated. Anything Suda would likely be easy to fit on here somehow. I got the plat for all 4 of his PS3 games last summer. I personally enjoyed Shadows of the Damned better, as it look the combat a bit more seriously and the humor somehow even more off the wall. Lollipop Chainsaw was a decent second place. The licensed music really helped it shine, I think.

Hades is such a good time. I got sucked in deep on my first run thru to plat this summer. I could not stop playing. Hours upon hours dumped into that game. Probably too many. I think I clocked 100+ hours. 

Until Dawn is Supermassive's masterpiece. My first playthrough was sublime. Trope-y, but unexpected at the same time. Rush of Blood though, was something else. It felt like what VR was made for. Horror shooter on a roller coaster. A couple of levels and one boss sequence in particular had my blood pumping hard.

Spoiler

The wendigos on the elevator, oh man. Even on my first run through on Normal it was tough and pretty scary due to the VR. On Hard or Expert, it was maddening.

Edited by blu3st4rdust305
small note

1 hour ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

I already preordered The Devil in Me. :) I can bite on Supermassive when they are on the budget side. The Quarry felt a bit step at $60, so I will continue waiting to snag it. Maybe it drops on a good sale closer to Halloween or I can grab a second hand copy. Why wouldn't The Quarry work?

I wasn't saying The Quarry doesn't work for this event. I was saying there's got to be some sort of reason The Quarry doesn't fit within The Dark Pictures Anthology. It's longer in length than those, has more known actors, the animation is a bit higher quality etc. It's published by Take 2 Interactive and not Bandai Namco as well. So although it is very similar, it is not part of the anthology.

• Like 2

This was fun the last time I join and, even though that time I didn't did many games, I would like to join again (Hopefully this time I do better lol).

For the games I'm thinking of completing I have a few in mind for now:

• Until Dawn Resident Evil (PS4)
  • The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan 
  • The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope

My only question is, if we do progress on some games and I'm only missing one trophy for completion, do those still count? 

Nevermind, I have another question lol, do games like Far Cry 5 count? The game have a zombie DLC but the main game isn't exactly horror.

Changed Until Dawn for Resident Evil due to the completion times being too short.

Edited by Caquis_1
  • Like 1

This was fun last year

1.  Soul Hackers 2 (MegaTen stuff with demons)

2.  Digimon Survive (This is a straight up horror game)

3.  Assassin's Creed: Black Flag (Pirates are popular costumes)

If that's too much of a stretch

4.  Batman: Arkham City (Gotham is a scary place normally)

Edited by Ilzakia
  • Like 1