13 Plats of Halloween: Resurrection (Event Concluded)

On 22/8/2022 at 0:13 PM, MAUSZX said:

This is my updated list.

1. Darkside Detective A fumble in the Dark - Last year I did the first one, and now is time to do the sequel, it is a horror themed game, a funny Point and Click game, as the name kinda says it, the Detective jumps between dimensions to the Darkside.
  2. Man of Medan - Last year this was a game that I couldn't do, this year I already started this, need to do 2 more runs in the game, this year I'll finish it, so to make sure of it, I'll lock it down. Man of Medan is a horror adventure game.
  3. In Sound Mind - This is a horror game that has a lot of sounds and music themes, something like that, the trailer showed the game and it really looked fun and scary, I don't want to really watch more because I don't want to spoil, but it is a horror game.
  4. DOOM- You go to Hell so I guess that fits right?
  5. Destroy all humans- I have the ps2-ps4 versions and I am going to this one out of the way. Alien invading earth.
  6. Manhunt- There is nothing scarier than a bunch of guys killing each other for entertainment.
  7. The Persistence-  Some sort of zombies on space, is horror genre.
  8. SIMULACRA- One of those movie games, a female that disapeared and you are investigating her phone to know what happened.
  9. Nine Witches. Family Disruption. The name says a lot, but is basically an adventure game, with a lot of witches and weird stuff.
  10. Metro Exodus. Post apocalyptic russia, lots of monsters and very tense.
  11. West of Dead. A game were you play like a supernatural western world.

I'll leave the other 2 spaces open in case of a sale or a psplus addition.

I would like to add another game that I am  currently playing but I am not going to be able to finish it before the event starts.

That is: 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim.

The game fits, without spoiling much, is a time travel, Mecha Apocayptic game. Basically the world is destroyed and everyone dies and the few survivors time travel to the past to try again. 

Changing my confirmed 3 list before the event starts tomorrow because I forgot that The Last of Us is coming out on Friday. I have to assume that it’s gonna work in the time limit because even on the easiest difficulty, it’s a lot of game and 254 collectibles. I will be playing on normal though.

1. The Quarry

2. Dead Space 

3. The Last of Us Part 1

I am starting to think I may want to sub out one of my #4-13 picks for Inscryption. I don't normally (ever??) play card battle type games (even though I always think I will like them, but then find out I am terrible at them), but this one is special. It also really fits with the theme here, but a lot of the ways that it does I can't talk about as it really is a game you shouldn't know much about beyond the basics (and also the fact that it is a Daniel Mullins game should clue you in that it will be a wild trip). Having said all that, there are masks involved SUPER early on (so not really a spoiler) and the setting is kind of spooky, so......Halloween everyone!

Are we good to go? I'm gonna assume yes as it is past midnight Eastern. If so this is me putting up the first platinum of the competition.

1. The Quarry - 91%

2. Dead Space - 0%

3. The Last of Us Part 1 - 0%

4. Cult of the Lamb (PS5) - :platinum:

Edited by DoctorDrPepper
  • Like 1

Just going to update some percentages as I did play a few games for TrueTrophies' Alphabet Challenge which I finished last week, and beat Kawaii Deathu Desu because I felt like it.

Locked-in games:

Corpse Party (PS4) (7% -> 10%)

Costume Kingdom (PS4) (0%)

Kawaii Deathu Desu (PS4) (1% -> 27%)

Other games in consideration:

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 (PS4) (0%)

Demon Gaze (Vita) (25%)

Hades (PS4) (22%)

Hakuoki: Stories of the Shisengumi (PS3) (29%)

Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk (PS4) (6%)

Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3) (12%)

Mary Skelter Finale (PS4) (0%)

Oxenfree (PS4) (0%)

Undead Darlings ~no cure for love~ (PS4) (25%)

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (Vita) (2% -> 5%)

Now to actually finish them!

• Like 1

I like what I am seeing others do, so I thought I should post my current status for these games at the beginning of this event. 

1. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water - (PS5) (23%) 
  2. Castlevania Advance Collection - (PS4) (71%)
  3. Costume Quest 2 - (PS4) (61%)
  4. Serial Cleaner - (PS4) (0%)
  5. Manual Samuel - (PS4) (0%)
  6. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - (PS4) (0%)
  7. Call of Cthulhu - (PS4) (0%)
  8. Wytchwood - (PS4) (0%)
  9. Party Hard - (PS4 (0%)
  10. Layers of Fear 2 - (PS4) (0%)
  11. Alien Isolation - (PS4) (0%)
  12. Little Nightmares - (PS4) (0%)
  13. The Sinking City - (PS4) (3%)
  14. (Possible Sub) Inscryption - (PS5) - (44%)
  15. (Another possible sub?) Cult of the Lamb - (PS5) (27%)

Man do I have some work to do. I also have to really try and focus on these games and not Nioh (which will be tough because I feel like I am ALWAYS trying to finish Nioh and then I get distracted). 

• Like 2

Cool, I'll do the same. Also I'm swapping out one of my 10 already, Injustice 2 for Affected the Manor: Complete Edition.

3 Games I'm Committed To:

Dead Space 1 - 8%

Dead Space 2 - 2%

Dead Space Extraction - 0%

10 Games Up for Change:

Control - 12%

Dead Cells - 0%

Alan Wake Remastered - 0%

Wraith - 0%

Wraith the Oblivion: Afterlife - 0% 

Bugsnax - 3%

Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - 68%

Affected the Manor: Complete Edition - 0%

The Brookhaven Experiment - 28%

Thumper - 76%

• Like 1

My percentage list is pretty easy.  0% for each of them except Medievil!

The Last of Us (the new one coming out!)  0%

Days Gone  0%

MediEvil - Play as a skeleton, have to fight ghosts, a Pumpkin King, etc.  13%

The Evil Within - Pure horror game  0%
The Evil Within 2  0%
The Walking Dead Season 1  0%
The Walking Dead Saints and Sinners  0%
Vampyr  0%

Alien Isolation (PS3)  0%

Resident Evil 7  0%

On 8/31/2022 at 11:37 AM, DoctorDrPepper said:

Changing my confirmed 3 list before the event starts tomorrow because I forgot that The Last of Us is coming out on Friday. I have to assume that it’s gonna work in the time limit because even on the easiest difficulty, it’s a lot of game and 254 collectibles. I will be playing on normal though.

1. The Quarry

2. Dead Space 

3. The Last of Us Part 1

The 3 declared cannot be changed. Feel free to add the Last of Us Part 1 as one of the additional 10.

6 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

This is my first time participating. In order to earn a badge, do you just have to complete the first 3, and then up to thirteen is a bonus? I wasnt clear on that. Thanks!

Any three out of the 13 to qualify for a badge. 

@FFATMA please only declare a replacement for Until Dawn. :)

Also - a game can count thematically with an explanation. Maybe a game has a haunted level, or includes dressing up as a significant portion of the game, or you collect candy, or whatever other Halloween tangent as it has meaning for you. Example: I recently finished Sonic Forces, which I could qualify as one of the three playable characters is an avatar that you dress up with hundreds of different portions of outfits. There is also a chance sequence with a mechanical spider. 

Sign Ups have closed. The event started about 20.5 hours ago. I will be missing in action for the next week or so, mostly away from my laptop, PSN, etc. I will update all progress when I get back. 

• Like 3

Days Gone  0%

The Evil Within 2  0%
Vampyr  0%

Resident Evil 7  0%

Hades

Cult of the Lamb

Resident Evil Village

That should be 13 games that qualify I believe.  I'm working a couple of 12 hour shift in a row, so I don't get to start working on my list until Saturday, but I can't wait to get going.

Edited by FFATMA

1. Costume Quest 2 (9%)
  2. Psychonauts 2 (0%)
  3. Thymesia (0%)
  4. Salt and Sacrifice (23%)
  5. Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (0%)
  6. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (10%)
  7. The Walking Dead: The Final Season (0%)
  8. Temtem (1%)
  9. Morbid: The Seven Acolytes (0%)
  10. Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (0%)
  11. Darksiders Genesis (0%)
  12. Lost Epic :platinum:
  13. ???

Updating my list to add current %s, as well as my first completion! Lost Epic (i.e. bad Salt and Sanctuary with an anime aesthetic) wasn't on my list originally because I both expected to finish it last month and didn't expect it to be usable for this event, but I was wrong on both counts.

Spoiler

The first two areas of the game are "generic fantasy mountain" and "generic fantasy lake," but after that point the game develops some strong (if surface-level) body horror themes. The fifth area, for instance, is a mashup of a grand cathedral and a dark foundry/surgical theater, where the countless devout give their bodies to be rebuilt as the monsters you've been battling. Going backwards, the third area is the setting's once-gleaming capital city now subsumed into the local god's creeping gore. All in all it can get a bit more gruesome than anything I'd planned to play for this event (except for Morbid), so I'm more than happy to add it to my list. I should also note that the game has fewer than 50 platinum achievers, but the #1 time is 39 hours.

Temtem is getting its 1.0 release on Tuesday, and I expect that to take up most (if not all) of my gaming time for the rest of the month, so I'm hoping to get at least one more game on the board before then.

Castlevania Advance Collection - Done

I buckled down over the weekend (and a little this morning) to finally complete the Castlevania Advance Collection. I had started this one a while ago, but after going through Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonance, I took a break, for a few months, it seems. Aria of Sorrow is a really good game (and I really like the entire collection) but the soul collecting, while a total blast at times, can also be a super grind. As I am sure you all know, you can (and should) get the Soul Eater ring to help, but it is expensive, so getting money (without the Hammer glitch) is also a bit of a grind. Still, it is one of my favorite games. Also in the collection (as stated before) is Circle of the Moon. That was the first game I bought when I bought the first GameBoy Advance, and for the time, I remember how revolutionary it all felt. I sat at my kitchen table (with a lot of lights on, because this was years before the Advance SP would come along and rule) and just marveled at what a great jump this was from the GameBoy Color I was rocking a few days prior. Good Times. 

So now, below, is my updated list. I am not very skilled at posting in forums, so I can't quite sort out how to put a nice Platinum trophy next to completed games, but I can just throw a trophy emoji, so I guess I will do that for now. I also figured I should update my completion rate for Inscryption as I did do more with that before digging into Castlevania. Oh, and also, for completion % rate, I am not using the % listed in the Playstation App as they weight trophy types differently, so I am just using the normal method of finding the % of the total number of trophies (so for Inscryption, I have 29 of the 41 possible trophies. 29÷41=.707, so move the decimal and round up, you get 71% (instead of the 55% Sony will list). I do understand why Playstation uses their method as Silver and Gold trophies should normally take longer to obtain than bronze trophies, but time being relative and not all games are the same, It just makes more sense for me to use a more direct method. 

2. Castlevania Advance Collection - (PS4) (100%) ?
  3. Costume Quest 2 - (PS4) (61%)
  14. (Possible Sub) Inscryption - (PS5) - (71%)
  15. (Another possible sub?) Cult of the Lamb - (PS5) (27%)

OK, that is all from me for now. I hope everyone had a good weekend!!

Let's kick this off with two semi-spooky games...

1. The Wild at Heart
  2. Erica

So, The Wild at Heart has you playing as two children who run away from home and end up in the mysterious Deep Woods, where they have to stop an ever-encroaching darkness. Erica is an interactive, live-action thriller about a girl who gets wrapped up in a mystery involving a cult, a serial killer, and an asylum that her parents used to work at. Both are fairly short (~10 hours) platinums, if you're looking to top off your list, but I can only recommend the first one. Erica requires a bit too many playthroughs of what is essentially the same story.

• Like 1

I started off the Halloween season by playing through Until Dawn. As discussed, it doesn't count towards progress in the event, but it's still a good game and fun to revisit. I hadn't played it in about 3 years, I think. Then I moved on to trying to finish The Quarry. It is a lot like Until Dawn. I think it's the best one from this developer so far. However, the trophies stuff sucks.

Over the course of time, they made the trophy hunts in The Dark Pictures Anthology easier, a bit every game. This throws all the conveniences out the window. There are branching paths with differing collectibles. You have to have all collectibles of a specific type done in a playthrough. You can't go back using chapter select for a collectible clean-up because chapter select resets all your progress. The first branching path is in Chapter 2 so you save barely any time going back through using chapter select.

There's tons of mutually exclusive trophies or ones where you need to set up unusual circumstances. Things like, if these two people are dead, and this one is infected, then in Chapter 9 this person will be in that location instead of someone else so you can have this conversation that's incompatible with all other playthroughs etc. You have to be okay with repeating a lot to do these games anyway. However, this one takes it probably too far. 

• Like 2

Costume Quest 2 - Done

After finishing Castlevania, and after playing a few more rounds of Kaycee's mod in Inscryption, I finally fired up Costume Quest 2. This is a game I started back in January of 2015 and it looks like I played it for a few days and didn't go back to finish it. It is this reason why I jumped at a chance to clear this out of my backlog. It is absolutely a perfect game for Halloween (what with all the door to door trick or treating you do, and all the costume changes) and it has been hanging with an incomplete status for almost 8 years. I was able to load up my save and it looks like I was right there at the end of the game with a few clean up trophies to do, so I was excited thinking I could bang this out in an hour. Well, past me apparently screwed me over because there is one trophy that requires you use a specific costume (the candy corn costume) for every fight in the game, and I did not do that. This means that I did clean up what I could (like collectables and a few other odds and ends) and then started a whole new game. At least this isn't a very long game, and it was a bit more satisfying getting more familiar with the game all over again. It also let me do more trick or treating. This was also one of the games on my list that is right on the edge of losing eligibility. #50 is 7 hours and 31 minutes. I know my 8 years to completion isn't going to move that needle at all, but I do know a few of you have this game on their list too, so fingers crossed it stays over the 6 hour mark. 

OH, I also finally realized that there is a platinum trophy listed in the emoji section, so that is great and I get to fix the markings below (and I will put one next to Costume Quest 2, even though it is only a 100% game and not a Platinum game)

2. Castlevania Advance Collection - (PS4) (100%) :platinum:
  3. Costume Quest 2 - (PS4) (100%) :platinum:
  14. (Possible Sub) Inscryption - (PS5) - (73%)
  15. (Another possible sub?) Cult of the Lamb - (PS5) (27%)

Next up......I am not really sure. I probably should get back to Fatal Frame, but while I really dig that whole series, I am just not in the mood today. Maybe something else. We will see. 

• Like 1

1. Darkside Detective A fumble in the Dark -
  2. Man of Medan -
  3. In Sound Mind -
  4. DOOM-
  5. Destroy all humans-
  6. Manhunt-
  7. The Persistence
  8. SIMULACRA-
  9. Nine Witches. Family Disruption.
  10. Metro Exodus.
  11. West of Dead.
  12. TBD
  13. 13 Sentinels Aegis RIm   :platinum:

1Lc0b251.png

Update: First Platinum, 13 Sentinels Aegis RIm. As I said in the description of why does it fit, this is a Apocaliptic game.... Pre and Post, since there is time travel... actually I don't really want to explain a lot because the games has like 5 twists and turns, if I say anything else I might spoil something, but basically the game it starts like that. The game has 3 sections. Combat- Story and Lore. In order to continue progressing the Story mode you have to beat some combat levels and in order to beat the Combat levels you have to beat some Story levels. You control 13 Characters, each has their own story and perspective of different situations. The game has a very good story very engaging, the Combat is Strategy Real time and turn base, is not super hard, I really only had trouble with a few levels to get the S rank. I completely recommend this game for those that want a good Scifi story.

• Like 1

I've gotten 3 games from my list done so far! I'm hoping to have Control done by the end of the week.

3 Games I'm Committed To:

Dead Space 1 - 8%

Dead Space 2 - 2%

Dead Space Extraction - 0%

10 Games Up for Change:

Affected the Manor: Complete Edition - 100% COMPLETE

The Brookhaven Experiment - 100% COMPLETE

Wraith - 100% COMPLETE

Control - 42%

Dead Cells - 0%

Alan Wake Remastered - 0%

Wraith the Oblivion: Afterlife - 0% 

Bugsnax - 3%

Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - 68%

Thumper - 76%

• Like 1

The first of my committed games has fallen.

1. The Wild at Heart
  2. Erica
  3. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - The Hinokami Chronicles

Halloween-related because of the demons, gore, and lots of characters wearing masks. Actually, a pretty good game too. I'm not usually a fan of fighting games, but I liked the anime and wanted to see if this was a good adaptation.

Probably Demon's Souls next?

• Like 4

On 23/08/2022 at 11:14 PM, ch4rl1e5_jabs said:

I would love to join this sounds really fun!

1. Man of Medan ( Spooky and you know there’s evil fog!)

2.Little Nightmares ( Nightmare is in the name and basically everything wants to eat you!)

3. Lego City Undercover ( Halloween is all about dressing up and every character in the game is just Chase dressing up as different people.)

How do you look up the 50th fastest time because I have been looking up 50th first completed?

Never mind  I found it.

Man of Medan is complete!

Edited by ch4rl1e5_jabs
  • Like 2

I've completed a couple of my locked-in games. First completion was Party Hard. I had seen a few let's plays when it was first released and wanted to give it a go but never got round to it. As it is included in the games catalogue it was the perfect excuse to play. 

Second completion was Wytchwood. I really enjoyed this game, it was nice and relaxing but with a good Halloween theme (good game for this challenge if you are a bit of a scaredy cat like me). One issue I did have was with the trophies unlocking. For me, the trophies didn't unlock as I completed the quest, but thankfully exiting out of the game and loading back in to it seemed to get them to pop. 

I'll be working on the final locked in game next, South Park: The Stick of Truth.

Locked-in Games
1. South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS4) - 62%

2. Party Hard (PS4) - 100%

3. Wytchwood (PS5)  - 100% - :platinum:

I hadn't put in some of the additional games that can be changed in and outso I've added a few below but will add some more when I have time.

Changeable Games

4. South Park: The Fractured But Whole - More of the gang dressing up and role-playing (#50 - 1 day 7 hours)

5. Warhammer: Chaosbane - Fighting against demons of Chaos. I'd played this earlier in the year with my partner and had a few story missions that didn't pop so would be a good excuse to revisit a clean up (#50 - 3 days 1 hour)

6. Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes - (#50 - 1 day 11 hours)

7. Spiritfarer - Spirits - (#50 - 4 days 2 hours

• Like 1

Updates completed. Good to have taken a few days off. Still not yet started for this event. Still working on Rez Infinite.

On 9/2/2022 at 4:57 AM, FFATMA said:

Days Gone  0%

The Evil Within 2  0%
Vampyr  0%

Resident Evil 7  0%

Hades

Cult of the Lamb

Resident Evil Village

That should be 13 games that qualify I believe.  I'm working a couple of 12 hour shift in a row, so I don't get to start working on my list until Saturday, but I can't wait to get going.

Based on your original post, you locked in The Evil Within and Zombie Army 4, the only game that needed to be replaced was Until Dawn. Please update accordingly.