13 Plats of Halloween: Resurrection (Event Concluded)

Wytchwood - Done

I don't think I have been this conflicted over a game in a while. There is a lot to like about Wytchwood (and I know others have completed this recently for this and really liked it a lot). The story elements are fun and well written. The character design (and artwork in general) was also fun and it was nice to play such a colorful game. I love that there are all these horror elements wrapped up in an almost Disney type presentation. All while I recognize that this is a pretty great game, the mechanics of the game began to wear at me about halfway through. I attribute this to being more of a "me" issue than a game issue. I think I just may not have the patience right now for a game that is, essentially, Fetch Quest - The Game. I absolutely know that that assessment is unfair (which is why it is more of a me thing), and there are so many games I play that are of much less quality, and require a greater commitment to tedious actions. I guess what I am saying is that I do love the game, even though I don't know if I fully enjoyed playing the game.......and that just sounds crazy to me even as I type it. The writing, and what you are trying to accomplish in the game (and that ending, which was very cool, and I feel I should have guessed it) is really what I keep coming back to when I think about the game, and the grind, now that it is over, just kind of falls away. Also, it is odd to describe it as a grind seeing it is a pretty short game, but that just adds to my mixed feelings on this one. "This", but "this. 

On a trophy note, I do really appreciate how straight forward the trophy set is. Nothing complicated, no collectibles, just all story related and unmissable. This meant that it is one of those games I could just enjoy (I know. I already went on too long on how I didn't enjoy all of it) and not worry at all about the trophies. Lucky for me, I had no issues with trophies popping. I have read some others have run into some issues there. One thing I did want to mention is that when I looked at the PS5 versions 100% list, I see a bunch at the top of the list with completion times in seconds (and some in the minutes) which would normally be impossible. I assumed that had to do with them completing the PS4 version and then loading up the PS5 version for an auto-pop. If that is the case, I cannot figure out how to get that to happen on my end at all. Or, maybe they are all using an exploit or something I am not familiar with. Either way, I'm done and moving on to..........I am not sure yet :) 

1. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water - (PS5) (23%) 
  2. Castlevania Advance Collection - (PS4) (100%) :platinum:
  3. Costume Quest 2 - (PS4) (100%) ?
  4. Serial Cleaner - (PS4) (0%)
  5. Manual Samuel - (PS4) (0%)
  6. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - (PS4) (0%)
  7. Call of Cthulhu - (PS4) (0%)
  8. Wytchwood - (PS4) (100%) :platinum:
  9. Party Hard - (PS4 (0%)
  10. Layers of Fear 2 - (PS4) (0%)
  11. Alien Isolation - (PS4) (0%)
  12. Little Nightmares - (PS4) (0%)
  13. The Sinking City - (PS4) (3%)
  14. (Possible Sub) Inscryption - (PS5) - (73%)
  15. (Another possible sub?) Cult of the Lamb - (PS5) (27%)
  • Like 2

I got a game done that counts for this event!

1) Resident Evil 2 (50th fastest: 1 day, 5 hours)

2) Resident Evil 3 (50th fastest: 6 hours, 41 minutes)

3) Lone Survivor (50th fastest: 10 hours, 42 minutes)

4) :platinum:Saints Row: The Third (50th fastest: 4 days, 26 minutes): There's a weird science DLC that has a b-movie horror film vibe, also a main story mission that revolves around zombies.

Edited by MissShake
  • Like 2

I managed to get my 3 unchangables completed a little while ago:

1. :platinum: Pumpkin Jack (PS4) (EU) - 50th fastest 6hr 45min
  2. ? Road Not Taken - 50th fastest 2days 6hr
  3. :platinum:Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS4) - 50th fastest 19hr 2min

3 pretty successful events if I do say so myself, and I'm happy that I 100%ed RNT on the 8 year anniversary that I started playing it (+`1 day).

next game I wanna do is Ray's the Dead, a zombie game that was part of the "indie 8" at E3 2013, which ended up launched a few weeks before the PS5 came out.

• Like 2

So, completed the first game for the event. Have been doing some progress on the weekends on The Last of Us, playing new game + on Grounded. The next completions should be Psychonauts and Rage 2, probably. This is how it is going so far:

#1: Psychonauts (33%)

#2: The Last of Us (67%)

#3: LEGO DC Super-Villains :platinum:

#4: Rage 2 (90%) - If the monsters during the game weren't enough, the Terrormania DLC where you fight against skeletons would be enough Halloween-esk.

• Like 1

4/13 games are done! I just 100% Control and wow was that game amazing! The main game itself is definitely a 10/10 experience, and definitely a fun platinum. The DLCs admittedly bog it down a bit, but I'm excited to sink my teeth now into Alan Wake Remastered later on.

3 Games I'm Committed To:

Dead Space 1 - 8%

Dead Space 2 - 2%

Dead Space Extraction - 0%

10 Games Up for Change:

Affected the Manor: Complete Edition - 100% COMPLETE

The Brookhaven Experiment - 100% COMPLETE

Wraith - 100% COMPLETE

Control - 100% COMPLETE

Dead Cells - 0%

Alan Wake Remastered - 0%

Wraith the Oblivion: Afterlife - 0% 

Bugsnax - 3%

Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - 68%

Thumper - 76%

5/13 games are done! I just 100% Bugsnax and wow what a transformation! Starts off so nice and serene and cute, then as you play, you see the real depth that went into each character, and then towards the end, turns into a Kafkaqesque nightmare! Things seems to turn out fine according to the epilogue, but I still wouldn't mind a sequel that dived more into the Grumpinati.

3 Games I'm Committed To:

Dead Space 1 - 8%

Dead Space 2 - 2%

Dead Space Extraction - 0%

10 Games Up for Change:

Affected the Manor: Complete Edition - 100% COMPLETE

The Brookhaven Experiment - 100% COMPLETE

Wraith - 100% COMPLETE

Control - 100% COMPLETE

Bugsnax - 100% COMPLETE

Dead Cells - 0%

Alan Wake Remastered - 0%

Wraith the Oblivion: Afterlife - 0%

Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - 68%

Thumper - 76%

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KyonKuchiki said:

5/13 games are done! I just 100% Bugsnax and wow what a transformation! Starts off so nice and serene and cute, then as you play, you see the real depth that went into each character, and then towards the end, turns into a Kafkaqesque nightmare! Things seems to turn out fine according to the epilogue, but I still wouldn't mind a sequel that dived more into the Grumpinati.

That ending was pretty wild. I also thought the Grumpanati needed further revaluations. Maybe another DLC or maybe that can headline in the sequel.

I finally finished The Quarry. It's another one from Super Massive games. They are most notable for Until Dawn and The Dark Pictures Anthology. For those that don't know, these basically work like interactive horror movies. Blind playthroughs are super fun, but subsequent playthroughs are pretty repetitive. So in general, these are not fun platinums. You get to see a little bit about how the sausage is made and which decisions didn't matter at all because you'd end up rail-roaded down the same path etc. I find that aspect interesting, but like 80+% of what you see each playthrough will be exactly the same scenes. The Quarry is a high quality and very enjoyable game. Maybe their best one yet as far as an initial blind playthrough. It, however, is the very worst of them in regards to earning the platinum. Since I didn't happen to accomplish anything special in a blind playthrough, I ended up needing to start from scratch as far as the trophy guide goes. The trophy guide says three playthroughs, but you'll have to use chapter select enough to go back for things that are incompatible that it will basically be four. You'll be playing for 40ish hours, maybe even 50 if you do a blind playthrough first like I did. Only the first 10 hours or so will be really fun, the rest is mostly an unnecessary slog. They really need to let you skip dialogue in subsequent playthroughs. It would be super massively nice if they did that. 

In other news, I don't think I'm going to be able to push for all 13 platinums like I originally intended. I am finally buying a house and will be doing a big move during October. I'm moving about halfway across the country so I will need to literally find time to go through everything I own and decide if it's coming or not in the next couple of weeks. I'll be in the new place and settled before badges or due, so don't worry about that, if you happen to collect these event badges. I'm not really even going to attempt 13 at all anymore and just go for earning the badge by completing three for this event. Instead, I'll be working on finishing some DLC for another event that ends in in late December, since I'll have more time to participate in that one more fully. I'll still post here when I finish something Halloween-ish and continue to enjoy and click the heart on what you guys post.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Man of Inaction said:

Its the day where normal people start getting into the Halloween spirit lol 

It’s funny. I have obviously known this song for a long time (being and old myself) but ever since Elite Beat Agents (which is not as good as the original Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! But still fun) this is all I think of when I hear that song. And now I picture skeletons too :)

Finally got my first completion to count here: Littlebigplanet 3.

You have to put on a costume for a trophy and it is almost mandatory to wear costumes when playing in multiplayer to differentiate your character.

Game was almost a fun time. Fundamentally, it is a pretty good puzzle platformer that is great fun with friends. The online connection was rough and the game was unstable overall. Most crashes from any game I have played in recent memory. 

When the game and connection were fine, I had a great time with a good buddy of mine.

On to the next completion: Lords of the Fallen. 

Will update spreadsheet in the coming days. 

• Like 1

UPDATE: Done 2 more games:
Destroy All Humans. This is the ps2-Ps4 game, (not the remake). I remember playing this game (or the sequel) back in the day on Xbox. Basically an Alien goes to earth to save another Alien and basically Destroy most of the Humans. Very funny game, it is basically parody of the world back in the 50s/60s and the whole Alien pop culture back then or at least what has been portrait.

West of Dead. This is a Roguelike/Roguelite game about... well the story is kinda weird and I didn't pay 100% attention, but from what I remember you are in the Purgatory and the Purgatory seems to be the West and you need to get out and go to the East, which I guess is Heaven. Anyway the game is based on Western stuff, you are a character that looks very unique like death, skull and all, but all the enemies, music and fighting scenarios are very spaggetti western style. The game is really fun and can be hard at first to beat the game, but once you get the hang of it, is kinda easy.

Trophy wise both had a problem.... Once you basically beat everything and there is almost nothing to do, you still need to grind some stuff without any reason but trophies.

1. Darkside Detective A fumble in the Dark -
  2. Man of Medan - 28%
  3. In Sound Mind -
  4. DOOM- 35%
  5. Destroy all humans- :platinum:
    1Lb1c2ee.png
  6. Manhunt- 15%
  7. The Persistence
  8. SIMULACRA-
  9. Nine Witches. Family Disruption.
  10. Metro Exodus.
  11. West of Dead. :platinum:
    1L63e977.png
  12. TBD
  13. 13 Sentinels Aegis RIm   :platinum:

1Lc0b251.png

Question @blu3st4rdust305 am I the only one that can't see the Spreadsheet?

Edited by MAUSZX
  • Like 1

1st Update:

Been working on Man of Medan, only a couple of miscellaneous trophies and the online playthrough left to do. I am also working on finishing TLOU to open some room and download Control. I wanted to include Kingdoms of Amalur on my list for this event as it was another game I was finishing up that matches the theme with the whole dying being resurrected among corpses, hidden and forgotten evil that has been manipulating the world and has to remain so after defeat because the people are not ready to know but I don't own the dlc and I am on strict not buying new things because I have too many to play still and I am too broke to afford it right now. So it now has been platinum without including here because I can't 100% it.

Still deciding what other games from my backlog I will be adding to reach all 13 games.

1. Man of Medan 0% -> 77%

2. Little Hope 0%

3. Control 0%

4. The Last of Us Remastered 33% -> 56%

• Like 1

Two more down today. Had a bit of a break due to a death in the family but i'm feeling better now and in the mood to plat.

1. The Quarry :platinum: 

2. Dead Space - 0%

3. Tormented Souls - 0%

4. Cult of the Lamb (PS5) - :platinum:

5. The Last of Us Part 1 :platinum:

6. The Walking Dead: Season 2 (Vita) 1f4af.png

7. Wonderbook: Book of Potions - 0%

8. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Vita Physical) - 50%

On 9/22/2022 at 3:13 PM, MAUSZX said:

Question @blu3st4rdust305 am I the only one that can't see the Spreadsheet?

I thought I made it public at the bottom of the first post. Anyone else not seeing it?

7 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Two more down today. Had a bit of a break due to a death in the family but i'm feeling better now and in the mood to plat.

Sorry for your loss.

Updates captured up to this point.

I completed 2 more. Still not sure what my final list will look like, but it is coming together. Still trying to knock out the Gaming by the Numbers event. 2 more plats to go there.

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes
Demon's Tier+
Alien: Isolation
Littlebigplanet 3 (100%)
Lords of the Fallen (100%)
Lone Survivor (100%)

Lords of the Fallen involves going to the other realm, similar to hell. Lots of demons and a couple of demons have Lovecraftian influence. The game itself is a boring slog of repetitive enemies. Is this what Souls games are like, hope not. The platinum requires 3 playthrus, one with each magic build. 

Lone Survivor is a tiny survival horror game with a small amount of resource management. First, semi blind playthru took about 4-5 hours with several deaths. My last playthru on Expert timed at 1 hr 15 minutes.

1. Costume Quest 2 (9%)
  2. Psychonauts 2 :platinum:
  3. Thymesia (0%)
  4. Salt and Sacrifice (23%)
  5. Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (0%)
  6. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (10%)
  7. The Walking Dead: The Final Season (0%)
  8. Temtem (91%)
  9. Morbid: The Seven Acolytes (0%)
  10. Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (0%)
  11. Darksiders Genesis (0%)
  12. Lost Epic :platinum:
  13. ???

Update time! I finished Psychonauts 2 a few weeks ago but never posted it, and I'm as done as I can be with Temtem for now. One trophy is glitched for some players, but the developers are aware of the issue and I'm expecting a fix in the next patch (which I hope will be before the end of this event). I'd like to get at least one more game done this month, since some on my list like Ys IX I expect to be on the longer side. I'm also still undecided on my 13th, but at the moment I'm leaning towards Wytchwood.

7 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

I thought I made it public at the bottom of the first post. Anyone else not seeing it?

I can't see it either, the link in the first post takes me to a form to request access.

Serial Cleaners - Done

So, in the interest of full disclosure, I did make a slight change. I originally had Serial Cleaner listed as my number 4 game, but then last week, Serial Cleaners was released. The temptation to complete the new game was just too grate, and I do feel that it still fits in with the theme of Halloween. The general premise still being about cleaning up after a massacre, and there are still plenty of references to movies (nice shout out to Evil Dead at one point). I do admit that it is kind of borderline this time around as it leans heavily into gang warfare, but there is still enough of the horror movie type nonsense to keep it on track. It still has less than 50 people completing it, but the time to completion seems to range from around 5 hours to 2.5 days. The road to the platinum is pretty straight forward, but there was a little confusion about obtaining one particular trophy related to doing a perfect cleaning during each mission. The confusion set in when people realized that there was no mission/chapter select in the game, so if you happened to miss a deep clean on a mission, you would have to replay that mission again on a new game. The good news is, though, that the game keeps track (without telling you) and you would only need to play up to the level you missed in order for the trophy to pop. Other than that, no collectibles, no time trials, no challenge modes, just a very straight forward set of trophies, for the most part (beyond the one I mentioned). A very enjoyable game and I will complete the original at some point for sure. 

On to the future. I did play a little more of Fatal Frame and I really should start focusing more on that. I think that there is just something about the controls that don't click with me on that one. I think it is something with how you are controlling a character (slowly) in 3rd person for most of it, but then also you switch on the fly to 1st person to fight the ghosts (and other stuff) and I just suck at it more than I would like. I am a good ways through the 1st play through, so I should really press on. The only problem with that is that I have been distracted by Nioh. I have been playing a lot of that (the remaster on PS5) and I am so close to the platinum, but at the same time, so very far away from 100%. 

So next? Maybe Fatal Frame, but no promises :) 

1. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water - (PS5) (28%) 
  3. Costume Quest 2 - (PS4) (100%) 1f4af.png
  4. Serial Cleaners - (PS5) (100%) :platinum:
  14. (Possible Sub) Inscryption - (PS5) - (80%)

Update 3: Manhunt done. Back in the day I played Manhunt on a Laptop, I always find it scary that there were a gang that said Bible stuff before trying to murder you, also I never managed to finish the game back then, today I not only managed to finish it, I got the platinum.
Some stuff to point out, Manhunt on PS5 has some graphical issues, not as bad as other games, but it does has a slight problem there. The controls have not aged well specially the camera controls, it was so bad that I stop using the right stick almost entirely. This was a scary game back in the day even tho is not a horror game, the tension the stress and all the creepy stuff makes it scary I guess. The Platinum felt like it was going to be imposible, but after a while I got the grip of the game and here we are with a platinum, this is a game that needs to be revived and remake.

1. Darkside Detective A fumble in the Dark -
  2. Man of Medan - 28%
  3. In Sound Mind -
  4. DOOM- 35%
  5. Destroy all humans- :platinum:
    1Lb1c2ee.png
  6. Manhunt- :platinum:
    1Lce0720.png
  7. The Persistence
  8. SIMULACRA-
  9. Nine Witches. Family Disruption.
  10. Metro Exodus.
  11. West of Dead. :platinum:
    1L63e977.png
  12. TBD
  13. 13 Sentinels Aegis RIm   :platinum:

1Lc0b251.png

Edited by MAUSZX

Got one more up today. After watching Hocus Pocus with my niece and nephew last weekend it made me think this was a good fit with Alchemist Simulator. Just making potions. Finished another run of Curse of the Moon as well.

1. The Quarry :platinum: 

2. Dead Space - 0%

3. Tormented Souls - 0%

4. Cult of the Lamb (PS5) - :platinum:

5. The Last of Us Part 1 :platinum:

6. The Walking Dead: Season 2 (Vita) 1f4af.png

7. Alchemist Simulator :platinum:

8. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Vita Physical) - 60%

On 9/26/2022 at 7:32 AM, AugustUnder said:

Serial Cleaners - Done

So, in the interest of full disclosure, I did make a slight change. I originally had Serial Cleaner listed as my number 4 game, but then last week, Serial Cleaners was released. The temptation to complete the new game was just too grate, and I do feel that it still fits in with the theme of Halloween. The general premise still being about cleaning up after a massacre, and there are still plenty of references to movies (nice shout out to Evil Dead at one point). I do admit that it is kind of borderline this time around as it leans heavily into gang warfare, but there is still enough of the horror movie type nonsense to keep it on track. It still has less than 50 people completing it, but the time to completion seems to range from around 5 hours to 2.5 days. The road to the platinum is pretty straight forward, but there was a little confusion about obtaining one particular trophy related to doing a perfect cleaning during each mission. The confusion set in when people realized that there was no mission/chapter select in the game, so if you happened to miss a deep clean on a mission, you would have to replay that mission again on a new game. The good news is, though, that the game keeps track (without telling you) and you would only need to play up to the level you missed in order for the trophy to pop. Other than that, no collectibles, no time trials, no challenge modes, just a very straight forward set of trophies, for the most part (beyond the one I mentioned). A very enjoyable game and I will complete the original at some point for sure. 

On to the future. I did play a little more of Fatal Frame and I really should start focusing more on that. I think that there is just something about the controls that don't click with me on that one. I think it is something with how you are controlling a character (slowly) in 3rd person for most of it, but then also you switch on the fly to 1st person to fight the ghosts (and other stuff) and I just suck at it more than I would like. I am a good ways through the 1st play through, so I should really press on. The only problem with that is that I have been distracted by Nioh. I have been playing a lot of that (the remaster on PS5) and I am so close to the platinum, but at the same time, so very far away from 100%. 

So next? Maybe Fatal Frame, but no promises :) 

1. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water - (PS5) (28%) 
  3. Costume Quest 2 - (PS4) (100%) 1f4af.png
  4. Serial Cleaners - (PS5) (100%) :platinum:
  14. (Possible Sub) Inscryption - (PS5) - (80%)

Serial Cleaner (the original one from the list) - Done

I thought about it and I decided that, just in case swapping it out was not going to be OK, I would complete the original Serial Cleaner as I originally intended. So that is what I did. I do have to say that, while there is a ton more content in the original (and a lot of movie related levels that are unlock-able) it is also a little more of a drag to play now having played the new one. The addition of save points in the new series was really missed in the original as it turned what was fun in the beginning into a bit of a slog with me yelling a lot more than I normally like. Anyway, long story short (too late) I did both games just in case, but will only count it as one. 

I missed posting about finishing Hades! I finished it a week ago, but the next day, I was feeling sick.  Ever since then, I really haven't been able to muster the focus to type up anything. Around Monday was when I finally started to feel okay-ish... um.. sorry. Back to the game...

I really enjoyed Hades. The entire time I was playing I was having a good time. It stays fresh for a really long time because of the build diversity available and the various changing events that can be different each run. There are many primary weapons and just when you think you've got them down, they start having unlockable aspects that can significantly change the feel and playstyle. Then you have all the various gods and their boons to help you etc. I don't think you will ever get the exact build twice, even when you want it.

I do feel like it maybe takes a bit too long to level up all the keepsakes, but run after run there was always some fun to be had. It didn't wear out it's welcome, but it was a close call. Early on, I thought I'd probably go back and do the PS4 platinum too, but by the time everything was wrapped I was like, "Nah. We'll just leave it here. I had enough. Thank you.'  It was nice to leave the game behind while I still felt very positive about the experience.

Super Giant did a great job of using the trophies to guide a player into additional story and dialogue they maybe wouldn't have seen otherwise. They also give some interesting challenges, but nothing too spicy. They also showed some restraint and didn't put in anything that had no point. Everything connected to a trophy has some specific purpose and when all of that purpose has dried up and you've seen practically everything they've created for you, you're done. There's not some random trophy for killing Hades 500 times, because they were well aware that a player would likely finish all major and minor plot points by their 50th kill, if not much sooner. It was great all around. I recommend it!