13 Plats of Halloween: Resurrection (Event Concluded)

On 10/10/2022 at 2:17 PM, Xylobe said:

No workaround at the moment. It's not glitched for everyone, but those of us having issues need to wait for a patch. One of the in-game achievements can end up tracking progress incorrectly, and the trophy is tied to that. It's an MMO, so progress is saved server-side, and achievement progress persists through resets, meaning I can't even delete my character to start over and try again. It could end up being a non-issue if it's patched within the next month, but there's no way to know at this point.

Looks like this solved itself. Congrats on the platinum!

On 10/12/2022 at 9:30 AM, Cassylvania said:

Six more is pushing it...

You can do it!

On 10/16/2022 at 2:34 PM, breakingthegreen said:

So I did 2 games for another event that I reckon I could blab their way into being counted.

1. Pumpkin Jack (EU) (PS4) :platinum:
  2. Road Not Taken 1f4af.png
  3. Marvel's Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS4) :platinum:
  4. Life is Strange: True Colors (PS4) :platinum: (50th 7 hr 29 min)
  5. Overcooked: All You Can Eat (PS5) :platinum: (50th 1 day 4 hr)

My argument for these distinctly non horror games is relatively short.

In True Colors, theres is a LARP which features a bunch of characters in an almost halloween like dress-up, including, a Wolf, Gnome, Ogre, Sea Serpent, Warrior, Jester, and Witch.

And in Overcooked, you can play as a Ghost, Vampire, and Werewolf. And in the Overcooked 2 portion of the game,you need to face off against the "Unbread", a parody of the undead.

Both are pretty cool, creative selections here. I really liked the LARPing section of True Colors. Very much a change of pace for that story and a great fit here. Good thinking!

7 hours ago, ShinigamiSensei- said:

So, i finished my third game for the event:

1- Digimon Survive :platinum:

2-The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan (0%)

3- Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin :platinum:

4- Far Cry 5 :platinum:+1f4af.png%

The real thing is...i'm not in the mood to play Man Of Medan at this moment of my life, so maybe this game will stay at 0% like...for a long time hehe. I'll see...

Thankfully, you have 9 other spots available. :)

After House of Ashes killed my will to get out of bed play games, its been tough to really start anything else. I have stuck with shorter games that did not require a ton of focus on missables. 

I did Tesla Force, which may have resulted in me overdosing on spooky twin stick shooters. Out of the three, this one is the weakest. I remember playing Tesla vs. Lovecraft a few years ago and generally enjoying that experience. This one felt shallower and more repetitive. There are 3 chapters filled with about 15 levels each. They are random, but could be only 1 of 4 different types of levels. Each chapter ends with a boss. Effectively, this is very much a matter of bashing your head against the wall until you get enough power ups to make it thru a chapter. Rinse, repeat. It was a short platinum, but that does not make it particularly good. Demon's Tier was better for me.

Then, came Afterparty. It requires 2 playthrus to get each decision available. You have tons of choices in conversation, but almost none of them matter. There is just a ton of conversation between the two main characters, where their earthly tensions slowly come to light. The characters and dialogue are passable, the voice acting is pretty much the only thing keeping this game engaging. The art direction is initially interesting, but it gets repetitive. Dark and hell-like, mixed with neon lights and bright colors. 

4 more to go in 3 weeks. Feeling a bit uninterested. Hopefully, I can get it together long enough to finish up 4 more games that count.

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes (100%)
Demon's Tier+ (100%)

Alien: Isolation
Littlebigplanet 3 (100%)
Lords of the Fallen (100%)
Lone Survivor (100%)

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty (100%)

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (100%)

Telsa Force (100%)

Afterparty (100%)

• Like 4

1. Darkside Detective A fumble in the Dark -
  2. Man of Medan - 31%
  3. In Sound Mind - :platinum:
    1L84eba7.png
  4. DOOM- :platinum:
    1L474944.png
  5. Destroy all humans- :platinum:
    1Lb1c2ee.png
  6. Manhunt- :platinum:
    1Lce0720.png
  7. The Persistence
  8. SIMULACRA-:platinum:
    1L89ccf3.png
  9. Nine Witches. Family Disruption.
  10. Metro Exodus.
  11. West of Dead. :platinum:
    1L63e977.png
  12. Layers of Fear- 15%
  13. 13 Sentinels Aegis RIm   :platinum:

1Lc0b251.png

Update: IN SOUND MIND done, This game is pretty easy and pretty good. This game is about A therapist (the player) having weird things happening, a stalker calling saying your patients died because of you. So you start to take a look at the recordings of your patiences that died. And so you enter to a memory, place where everything happened and the ghost of your patient is there, hunting you, so you basically have to look at what happened to that person and trying to beat the ghost so you can talk to them and make them have peace with all that happened. Very interesting, some stories kinda sad or touching. There are the normal jumpscares and the RNG jumpscares. So remember when I said something about a Stalker, well that is also a ghost and he is mocking you all the time, so in random places he will appear in a corner peeking or walking towards you. I swear there were like 3 times where I actually didn't expect anything and all of the sudden I turn around and he is walking right behind me, almost died of a heart attack lol, what bother me is that the ghost is not scary at all, it just catches you at an unexpected moment. Very good game, also I don't know why the game is a ps5 only game, graphically is nothing impressive, so that's weird.

Alright, two more for the pile...

1. The Wild at Heart
  2. Erica
  3. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - The Hinokami Chronicles
  4. Demon's Souls (PS5)
  5. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2
  6. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory
  7. The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2
  8. Young Souls
  9. Cult of the Lamb

Both are really good games with a beautiful (but spooky) aesthetic. They're on the shorter side too, so they might be worth checking out if you're trying to squeeze in a few more games like me. Cult of the Lamb is still a bit buggy, but it's better than it was at launch.

Edited by Cassylvania

I finally vanquished Curse of the Moon. The ultimate run final boss gave me some trouble. Also 2/5th through season one of The Walking Dead Japanese version.

1. The Quarry :platinum: 

2. Dead Space - 0%

3. Tormented Souls - 0%

4. Cult of the Lamb (PS5) - :platinum:

5. The Last of Us Part 1 :platinum:

6. The Walking Dead: Season 2 (Vita) 1f4af.png

7. Alchemist Simulator :platinum:

8. Wonderbook: Book of Potions :platinum:

9. Tunic (PS4) :platinum:

10. House of the Dead Remake :platinum:

11. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Vita Physical) 1f4af.png

12. The Walking Dead (PS3 JP) 40%

I now have 10/13 GAMES COMPLETE! Dead Space 2 was definitely a step up in all areas compared to Dead Space 1. It was also an extremely tough platinum, and makes my top 10 hardest easily. The Hand Cannon unlock from beating hardcore made going through the rest of the game really cathartic. Up next I'm excited to return to the world of Amnesia.

3 Games I'm Committed To:

Dead Space 1 - 100% :platinum:   

Dead Space Extraction - 100% :platinum:

Dead Space 2 - 100% :platinum: and 1f4af.png

10 Games Up for Change:

Affected the Manor: Complete Edition - 100% 1f4af.png

The Brookhaven Experiment - 100% 1f4af.png

Wraith - 100% 1f4af.png

Control - 100% :platinum: and 1f4af.png

Bugsnax - 100% :platinum: and 1f4af.png

Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - 100% :platinum: 

Wraith the Oblivion: Afterlife - 100% :platinum: 

Amnesia: Rebirth - 0%

Alan Wake Remastered - 0%

Thumper - 76%

This game took me over 100 hours so I'm damn well exploiting it by using it in two events

1. Pumpkin Jack (EU) (PS4) :platinum:
  2. Road Not Taken 1f4af.png
  3. Marvel's Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS4) :platinum:
  4. Life is Strange: True Colors (PS4) :platinum: 
  5. Overcooked: All You Can Eat (PS5:platinum: 
  6. Scarlet Nexus (PS4) :platinum: (50th 3 days 17 hr)

I may need to justify the anime game as a halloween game, the enemies in the game, (Others) are quintessential body horror

Spoiler

especially with the mid game development with their formation from humans.

Scarlet Nexus - Buddy Rummy Enemy Guide - SAMURAI GAMERS

I feel like I'm really not getting into the spirit with my very tangential Halloween game picks, I hope to continue that because I am a wuss. 

Edited by breakingthegreen

The good news is I have two more.

1. The Wild at Heart
  2. Erica
  3. Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - The Hinokami Chronicles
  4. Demon's Souls (PS5)
  5. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2
  6. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory
  7. The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2
  8. Young Souls
  9. Cult of the Lamb
  10. Creaks
  11. Greak: Memories of Azur

The bad news is... Realistically, I'm not going to finish Doom Eternal, despite committing to it. Even if I play through it this week, I'm not going to want to do the clean-up, a second run, or the DLC. So, maybe I'll play through one legitimately spooky game (since honestly none of these were very scary) and call it there.

(Oh, they fit the theme because monsters or something...)

Edited by Cassylvania

Layers of Fear 2 - Done

I have been away for a bit, but I really thought my next completion would be Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water. I was on a big press to get that done, I even completed the main story line and a few of the alternate endings, but, man, there is just something about that game that is such a drag to try and compete. I will get back to it, but now I am worried I won't really complete it in time. I Keep letting other games distract me. Like Layers of Fear 2. I have not actually played the 1st Layers of Fear (and I will correct that at some point soon I am sure and I do hear it is much better than the 2nd one), so I got to go into this game with no expectations. I went in over the weekend with the knowledge that there are some that feel Bloober team is not the right team to remake Silent Hill 2 (which, like for many out there, is one of my all time favorite games, let alone Silent Hill games), but honestly, Layers of Fear 2, while not really scary (but certainly creepy and your milage may vary), was certainly unsettling and exhibited some excellent level design. Their use of misdirection and changing environments was very fun to play through. The over all tone and themes certainly eased my concerns over their ability to handle a remake, especially seeing this game plays around with a lot of inner torment and allegorical themes. The "video game" parts of it were not overly taxing, although, it did get only slightly tedious cleaning up the alternate endings. Certainly not the worst offender in that regard. 

Pyramid Quest - Done

This one is a bit of an add, but I figured, what the heck. In yet another attempt at a distraction from Fatal Frame, I grabbed a little platform game that looked kind of cute. Pyramid Quest is a pretty basic platformer that kind of reminds me of a lot of the old school games I used to play. It feels quite indie and includes most of the things you would expect. Spikes. Moving platforms. Gems, coins and other things to collect. Beasties. It is in this last category where I feel that this may be an appropriate game for Halloween. There are roaming skeletons, mummies, bats, etc....that you must avoid or dispatch in order to collect your prize, and what is Halloween without a handful of skeletons somewhere? Obviously this is not a very scary game, but it feels thematically OK, and was kind of fun to play. The trophy requirements are not all that difficult (very fair and lasts the whole game), and as far as platforms go, it was pretty easy. Not so easy that it has a list of people completing it in an hour, though. In fact, the quickest time to completion is a little over 7 hours, and there are only 18 people listed as completing it. 

As for what is next, I really should push on with Fatal Frame, but I am actually going to complete Call of Cthulhu first. Probably today, but maybe not (I think I might have messed up one trophy that will require me to play more of the game over than originally intended). 

Official List

1. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water - (PS5) (74%) 
  2. Castlevania Advance Collection - (PS4) (100%) :platinum:
  3. Costume Quest 2 - (PS4) (100%) ?
  4. Wytchwood - (PS4) (100%) :platinum:
  5. Serial Cleaner - (PS4) (100%) :platinum:
  6. Serial Cleaners - (PS5) (100%) :platinum:
  7. Tunic (PS4 & PS5) (100%) :platinum:
  8. Layers of Fear 2 - (PS4) (100%) :platinum:
  9. Pyramid Quest - (PS4) (100%) :platinum:

Possible List 

• Manual Samuel - (PS4) (0%)
  • The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - (PS4) (0%)
  • Call of Cthulhu - (PS4) (64%)
  • Party Hard - (PS4 (0%)
  • Alien Isolation - (PS4) (0%)
  • Little Nightmares - (PS4) (0%)
  • The Sinking City - (PS4) (3%)
  • Inscryption - (PS5) - (73%)
  • Cult of the Lamb - (PS5) (27%)
  • Like 1

Time for an update on how this event is going for me:

#1: Psychonauts :platinum:

#2: The Last of Us :platinum:?

#3: LEGO DC Super-Villains :platinum:?

#4: Rage 2 :platinum: (90%)

#5: Borderlands :platinum:?

#6: Borderlands 2 :platinum: (89%)

#7: South Park: The Fractured But Whole :platinum:

5 games completed for the event, let's see how I do until the end of the event. I'm almost certain I won't achieve the 13 plats, as I have a lot of work to do on my Master thesis, but I'll do what I can.

On 10/22/2022 at 6:46 AM, breakingthegreen said:

Scarlet Nexus - Buddy Rummy Enemy Guide - SAMURAI GAMERS

The Japanese really nail the body horror. I remember some of the images from Death Mark and The House of Fata Morgana were really hard to un-sear from my eyeballs. 

23 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

The bad news is... Realistically, I'm not going to finish Doom Eternal, despite committing to it. Even if I play through it this week, I'm not going to want to do the clean-up, a second run, or the DLC. So, maybe I'll play through one legitimately spooky game (since honestly none of these were very scary) and call it there.

(Oh, they fit the theme because monsters or something...)

I get the sense this won't matter, but the event ends on Nov 7th. Gave it an additional week over last year, in case people got busy actually celebrating the holiday.

As for me, I completed 1 more game. Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood; this game has too many subtitles. 

You play as a werewolf and end up killing lots and lots of mutated monsters and some other werewolves. It is a half-baked action game.  The power fantasy of morphing into a massive werewolf and tearing into baddies got really old quickly, once you realize this game is only just a very long series of arena battles with repetitive bad guys intercut by pointless story exposition. Had the developers figured out how to make at least some fights more organic and the combos/powers more consequential or flow better, this would have been a much better game. Got it off PS+ Extra, so no real harm done. The platinum is dicey only because you have to get 164 collectibles, 134 of which are missable and negate a playthru if you miss one and advance just a bit too far ahead.

Now, I am up to 10. I have a very decent idea of the 2 remaining to complement Alien: Isolation. Pretty sure one is going to be another twin stick shooter. Why not make it 4 total on the list? I will likely not update until I get thru Alien, though. Going to have my headphones ready in a dark room, along with a few changes of pants ready.

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes (100%)
Demon's Tier+ (100%)

Alien: Isolation
Littlebigplanet 3 (100%)
Lords of the Fallen (100%)
Lone Survivor (100%)

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty (100%)

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (100%)

Telsa Force (100%)

Afterparty (100%)

Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood (100%)

• Like 2

Call of Cthulhu - Done

I think, over all, I really liked this game. I found the environments you explore to be very well designed and quite detailed considering the age of the game. The character animations are a bit wonk,  but it almost adds to the charm. there are also a few quirks, like the odd way to incorporate RPG elements (which makes sense seeing it is an adaptation of an RPG) that mostly don't matter. I mean, yes, there are 2 stats (probably 3) that you really want to use you points in, but it still just felt underused. I also found it a bit uneven. It does a fine job of being a certain type of game for 90% of the game (an adventure game with a focus on "investigation" skills) but then in a few spots, it kinda wants to be an action game, but not really (did not like the Shambler bits). But at the end of the day, I think the balance sheets show that it is still a pretty good game and well worth playing, especially if you are a fan of H.P. Lovecraft lore. 

So with that one, I am 9 down. I guess I should try to break through my slump with Fatal Frame. My mind just feels so done with it even though I have to play through every chapter on nightmare difficulty still (and grab a few more ghost pictures, etc..). I think the thing that does not help is that you are constantly returning to the same areas over and over again.

Official List

1. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water - (PS5) (74%) 
  3. Costume Quest 2 - (PS4) (100%) 1f4af.png
  9. Pyramid Quest - (PS4) (100%) :platinum:
  10. Call of Cthulhu - (PS4) (100%) :platinum:

Possible List 

• Party Hard - (PS4 (0%)
  • Little Nightmares - (PS4) (0%)

now have 11/13 GAMES COMPLETE! Amnesia: Rebirth was definitely a better sequel than A Machine for Pigs, but I still felt Dark Descent was the best in the series. Pacing felt a bit padded at times, and none of the multiple endings felt satisfying at all. Puzzles/interactions were a bit obtuse at time, but the game was still worth playing. The story still managed to keep me engaged. I'm now looking forward to returning to the world of Control with its prequel, Alan Wake!

3 Games I'm Committed To:

Dead Space 1 - 100% :platinum:   

Dead Space Extraction - 100% :platinum:

Dead Space 2 - 100% :platinum: and 1f4af.png

10 Games Up for Change:

Affected the Manor: Complete Edition - 100% 1f4af.png

The Brookhaven Experiment - 100% 1f4af.png

Wraith - 100% 1f4af.png

Control - 100% :platinum: and 1f4af.png

Bugsnax - 100% :platinum: and 1f4af.png

Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - 100% :platinum: 

Wraith the Oblivion: Afterlife - 100% :platinum: 

Amnesia: Rebirth - 100% :platinum:

Alan Wake Remastered - 0%

Thumper - 76%

I always knew it was going to be a challenge getting through 13 games due to time away but I've managed to get through my locked-in games and a couple others. Again due to limited time I think it is unlikely I'll get another completion done before the end of the event. Thank you for running it, has been fun :) 

LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes was a bit of a frustration. It was my first time using the streaming service and I did get booted out a few times. I also had a few glitches with the game which meant I couldn't progress in a level and needed to restart, but thankfully no phantom bricks that I've heard others experience in other LEGO games.

Locked-in Games
1. South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS4) 100% - :platinum:

2. Party Hard (PS4) - 100%

3. Wytchwood (PS5)  - 100% - :platinum:

Changeable Games

4. South Park: The Fractured But Whole - 100% - :platinum:

5. LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes - 100% - :platinum:

• Like 1

About time that I post another update:

1. Costume Quest 2 ?
  2. Psychonauts 2 :platinum:
  3. Thymesia (8%)
  4. Salt and Sacrifice :platinum:
  5. Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (10%)
  6. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (10%)
  7. The Walking Dead: The Final Season (0%)
  8. Temtem :platinum:
  9. Morbid: The Seven Acolytes (0%) A Plague Tale: Requiem :platinum: (2d18h)
  10. Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (0%) Freshly Frosted :platinum: (1w5d)
  11. Darksiders Genesis :platinum:
  12. Lost Epic :platinum:
  13. Wytchwood :platinum:

To justify Freshly Frosted: a donut-themed puzzle game fits quite well with Halloween's ceremonial sugar rush, and one of the worlds is even Halloween-themed (by way of pumpkin-shaped donuts with jack-o-lantern sprinkles). A Plague Tale: Requiem should be pretty self-evident. I also played through the PS5 version of A Plague Tale: Innocence in advance of Requiem's release, but unfortunately that game's autopop has blown out the leaderboard such that it's not eligible for this event. I'm dropping Morbid and Ys IX since they're the longest of the games I haven't started on.

9/13 done with just over a week left, and I'm honestly not sure how much more progress I'll be able to make. I'm having a lot more trouble with Thymesia than I expected from its >40% plat rate, I can only play a bit of Yomawari at a time due to being a tiny baby when it comes to straight horror, and I haven't even thought about The Walking Dead or Shantae since first putting together this list. I'm hoping I can get at least one more done by the end of the event to reach an even 10.

• Like 1

1. Darkside Detective A fumble in the Dark - 37%
  2. Man of Medan - 31%
  3. In Sound Mind - :platinum:
    1L84eba7.png
  4. DOOM- :platinum:
    1L474944.png
  5. Destroy all humans- :platinum:
    1Lb1c2ee.png
  6. Manhunt- :platinum:
    1Lce0720.png
  7. The Persistence
  8. SIMULACRA-:platinum:
    1L89ccf3.png
  9. Nine Witches. Family Disruption.
  10. Metro Exodus.
  11. West of Dead. :platinum:
    1L63e977.png
  12. Layers of Fear- 100%
  13. 13 Sentinels Aegis RIm   :platinum:

1Lc0b251.png

Halloween Update: Already finished Layers of Fear, I was thinking it was going to be scarier, but it was more annoying that scarier, actually I laughed at some scenes the game had as creepy but were kinda funny tbh, but it does have some scary atmosphere, and some creepy moments to be fair, I just was expecting PT levels of scary. The DLC is really not scary at all but it kinda expands on the original story.  The event is almost ending, sadly it seems like Man of Medan will be a bust because the latest update messed up the movie run and there hasn't been a patch yet. Might finish Darkside Detective for sure.  I got sidetrack from the event because ONRUSH is closing severs next month so I kinda went for that first.

Edited by MAUSZX

Well looks like I won't be able to finish the event but I at least got one final game on the board before Halloween. Maybe next year i'll succeed.

1. The Quarry :platinum: 

2. Dead Space - 0%

3. Tormented Souls - 0%

4. Cult of the Lamb (PS5) - :platinum:

5. The Last of Us Part 1 :platinum:

6. The Walking Dead: Season 2 (Vita) 1f4af.png

7. Alchemist Simulator :platinum:

8. Wonderbook: Book of Potions :platinum:

9. Tunic (PS4) :platinum:

10. House of the Dead Remake :platinum:

11. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Vita Physical) 1f4af.png

12. Gotham Knights :platinum:

13. The Walking Dead (PS3 JP) 40%

Trigger Witch - Done

I bought a lot of games on sale recently (always? Feels like always) and Trigger Witch was one of them. Mostly an impulse buy, and boy was I glad I did. This is such a fun game (and it is about witches and witches, as you know, play a major role in Halloween, so it should work here) and while the overall presentation and format feels SUPER familiar, it also still manages to feel new and does its own thing within the trappings of a "Zelda clone". I feel bad even saying that about it, but for anyone that hasn't seen this game, the easiest way to describe it is a "Zelda clone" but with guns, like uzis and grenade launchers, with great cartoony artwork, while also being quite bloody (which is a setting that can be changed. Instead of blood spearing the landscape, it can just be confetti if you wish......and you do wish for a few kills if you want all the trophies). This game also has one of the most surprising bad guys. It isn't that this type of bad guy hasn't been done before, but man was I not expecting it at all. It isn't 100% out of left field, and certainly the last dungeon really does make it so I shouldn't have been a surprised as I was, but in my defense, I was still wrapped up in the normal expectations of a game that presents itself this way. I should also mention that it has a great trophy list. This game has 58 trophies and not a one of them are super obscure. This is a perfectly balanced list of trophies with very little, if any, grind. You can also easily obtain all the trophies without having to rely on a guide as the game makes it pretty clear what you would need to do at any given time. Also, while not a hard game, it also isn't super easy. At times it is a bullet hell shooter (well, it is ALWAYS a shooter, but, sometimes more hellish), and the final boss was not a pushover, but at the same time, it should not give anyone TOO much trouble. Also, and this can be my last point, I swear, the game length is about perfect. It took me a little over 2 days to finish (the #50 on that game is a little over 3 days, so average) and it never really felt like it was overstaying its welcome. No NG+ was needed, no tons of extra side quests, just a decent Zelda like game but with automatic weapons that magically reload because you are a witch, all while making a pretty on spot commentary about society if you care about those things. 

OK, enough about Trigger Witch. As you can tell, I really loved this game. I did do more in Fatal Frame, but at this point, I do not believe I will finish it. Certainly not in time for this event, but maybe not at all. At least until it REALLY bugs me not having 100% on it. I just am no longer having fun with it, and haven't been for a while, so it may be time to call it. I also started Little Nightmares figuring I would get that one done, but something odd happened while playing it, I found I really don't like it. I am no doubt in the minority on this, but no one is as shocked about my dislike as I am. I loved games like Limbo and Inside, and even some of what I like to consider their precursors, Another World, Flashback, Prince of Persia, those kind of games (sorta. I may be way off base here, but these, while platformers, feel different than a game like Jumpman or Mario), but this game just annoys me. I finished the game and one DLC pack, and with two more packs to go (and the dreaded speed run) I just don't think I will bother trying to 100% it. I may change my mind at some point, but not in time for this event. I think my final tally will just have to be 10 (or 11 if we want to count Tunic twice) out of 13 sufficient. 

Official List

1. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water - (PS5) (82%) 
  3. Costume Quest 2 - (PS4) (100%) 1f4af.png
  9. Pyramid Quest - (PS4) (100%) :platinum:
  10. Call of Cthulhu - (PS4) (100%) :platinum:
  11. Trigger Witch - (PS5) (100%) :platinum:

Possible List 

• Party Hard - (PS4 (0%)
  • Little Nightmares - (PS4) (68%)
  • Like 1

1. Costume Quest 2 ?
  2. Psychonauts 2 :platinum:
  3. Thymesia :platinum:
  4. Salt and Sacrifice :platinum:
  5. Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (10%)
  6. Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (10%)
  7. The Walking Dead: The Final Season (0%)
  8. Temtem :platinum:
  9. A Plague Tale: Requiem :platinum:
  10. Freshly Frosted :platinum:
  11. Darksiders Genesis :platinum:
  12. Lost Epic :platinum:
  13. Wytchwood :platinum:

I'm managing to squeeze in one last completion during the post-Halloween eleventh hour, with Thymesia bringing me up to 10/13 and - importantly - wrapping up the last of my 3 commitments. I mentioned in my last post that it was giving me more trouble than I expected-- it turns out that the difficulty plummets after the first boss. After finally beating him, I don't think I died a single time over the entire rest of my playthrough (at least not until starting a new game for the ceremonial Souls-like "beat the tutorial boss" trophy). Very strange to see the difficulty so front-loaded, but I'll gladly take it!

• Like 1