How is this game already dead

42 minutes ago, Jammerdude07 said:

I am consistently getting 5+ matchmaking times with cross play enabled, I just want to play

The game is fun and well done for a free to play game. I platinumed it. But what do you expect? The game is already several months old and with the oversaturated multiplayer market, a few months is a very good survival time. That's why you always play games like this when they're released.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 4

As it's been stated by Sikutai games like this are just over saturated and milked till the sack is fiery dry

It entertains people for a few days/weeks or until the "trophy hunters" obtain the plat and then they move on to the next half the time never even returning to a game. If they were to focus more on single player titles and released MP games less often you'd see a healthy player base longer. Or if they actually released a better product older games like SOCOM or the Ghost Recon games before ubisoft deeped d!$ked the hole you would see a slightly larger player base as fans of said games or game of their liking would return more frequently to play those titles.

• Like 2

Unfortunately this is not a game that does well with pitting PC and console players against each other. It may as well be like having PC vs console counter strike.

If anybody wants to party up to get through the kills per weapon type trophy, feel free to DM me. It's a long slog playing against just PC players with 5 minute queue times...

• Like 1

Lobby based matchmaking just sucks for sustaining games. It only really works for huge games like Overwatch and Fortnite, and even then Overwatch has long ass queues, and Fortnite is filled with bots. I can't truly voice just how much lobby based matchmaking becoming the norm pisses me off. I can still play Half-Life Opposing Force multiplayer, because all you need for a game with server browser based MP is one other person and a server, but for some reason devs these days think building games that require a playerbase constantly in the thousands just to get decent matchmaking times is a good idea, because they can't imagine a future wherein their game doesn't become the next Fortnite or whatever the fuck.

Battle Royales are particularly susceptible to this because of how big their lobbies are - in a regular game like Overwatch you only need 12 (10, once 2 comes out) players to fill a match, but with battle royales you need to be able to consistently fill lobbies several times that size; even with Bloodhunt's relatively low 40 player games, that's still a ludicrous size for a match. Pretty much the only way these types of games can have any longevity is if they populate themselves with bots (which even Fortnite does sometimes) or if they become meme games like Fall Guys that everyone's playing.

• Like 1