How long to get Multiplayer Trophies?

26 minutes ago, PlushyPants49 said:

I've got the game sitting here unplayed and was curious how long it'd take to boost the multiplayer trophies. Keen to get it done before shutdown.

2-3 hours for mp and maybe 2 hours for Briggs co-op missions ..... You will need 1 other player for 2 trophies if i remember right.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, PlushyPants49 said:

What about the Daily/Weekly Challenge stuff? 

All depends on the challenge mine was just get 25 shotgun kills so didn't take long maybe 2 games but you will most probably need another player for weekly one.

• Like 2

A good chunk of the multiplayer can be cleaned up by yourself and in under an hour, as private matches don’t void trophies. This weeks challenge (kill 50 enemies with the VX grenade) I had to boost but it only took about 30 minutes.

You really only need another player to win one round of team death match against (again can be done privately), and the 4 co-op missions from Briggs (about 30 mins each). You can try to attempt the co-op in split screen with a second controller yourself but I don’t personally recommend it. 

So yeah, overall as others have said, 3-4 hours has been my experience. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PlushyPants49 said:

I've got the game sitting here unplayed and was curious how long it'd take to boost the multiplayer trophies. Keen to get it done before shutdown.

I just did it all tonight with the exception of three of the coop trophies.

I was actually amazed at how quick and easy it was.

The slowest thing was getting the weekly challenge - get 50 kills with VX grenades is the current one. We grinded this out on Team Deathmatch with two players, everything else except for Support Ops can be done solo (I can confirm that two players in a private Team Deathmatch counts for Lethal Versatility - just solo the rest as per the guide on this site, it takes a few minutes to knock out each game mode).

My friend got to level eight just doing Support Ops and the weekly challenge.

I strongly recommend you go for it.

BTW if you do the current weekly challenge, get another player and have them kill you. When you respawn, go back to them and then have them kill you and themselves with the grenade. The person doing the killing (the Merc) only gets two grenades so suiciding makes the process much faster. If we had worked that out earlier the weekly challenge would have gone quite a bit quicker. Once one player has 50 kills, switch over and rinse and repeat. Also, we did it on the Cartel map as we spawned very close to each other near the fountain downstairs.

Hope this helps.

Edited by baboon_overlord
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

Hey guys, is it safe to start now from scratch? I've only just received the game so will need to boost it, but I'm more on about the challenges etc so yeah I want to get this done and does anybody know if this game is an auto sync game as they are very rare games with that happening.

Yeah all you need is 1 partner for 2 MP trophies and Briggs missions and you're set. If you have the free time you can even get it in a day without any issues.

3 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

Yeah all you need is 1 partner for 2 MP trophies and Briggs missions and you're set. If you have the free time you can even get it in a day without any issues.

Thanks yeah I got it all pretty much done rest can be done in spilt screen as I have a real player so that's not an issue, local co-op is a thing, so it's all good.

The daily and weekly challenges can vary. The weekly challenge I completed was getting 50 kills with frag grenades, which I boosted with a second player. Unfortunately we are winding down to the last days when the servers will eventually shut on September 1st, so you guys are going to have to accept whatever the weekly challenge ends up being. 

If you don’t have a second controller or find those co-op missions too difficult in split screen then you will have to find an online co-op partner as well. There are also collectibles you have to find in the co-op missions which count towards the collectible based trophies.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The Moose Knuckler said:

I understand that but I wanted to drive the point home. It's easy for people to miss one comment in a thread so trying to give it more visibility.

Thank you for this, I had missed this information in all the threads. 

Having done the co-op a while ago I don't actually remember if my partner and I did collectables, is there anywhere to check this? (besides running through all the levels again).

15 minutes ago, black__bunny said:

Thank you for this, I had missed this information in all the threads. 

Having done the co-op a while ago I don't actually remember if my partner and I did collectables, is there anywhere to check this? (besides running through all the levels again).

Yeah you can check if you've collected all the collectibles but it's not perfect. To check:

1) Talk to Briggs
2) Press square for progress
3) Under SP & COOP STATS, you should have:

4/24 Dead Drops
4/20 High Value Targets
4/23 Blacklist laptops

Now if you've collected some collectibles from the story already, it will skew these numbers so this is only good if you've only ever done the Briggs mission collectibles and didn't collect any single player collectibles. Not sure if there is another way to specifically confirm for each mission but this is how I confirmed it for myself personally.

Edited by TheRedMaverick
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Yeah you can check if you've collected all the collectibles but it's not perfect. To check:

1) Talk to Briggs
2) Press square for progress
3) Under SP & COOP STATS, you should have:

4/24 Dead Drops
4/20 High Value Targets
4/23 Blacklist laptops

Now if you've collected some collectibles from the story already, it will skew these numbers so this is only good if you've only ever done the Briggs mission collectibles and didn't collect any single player collectibles. Not sure if there is another way to specifically confirm for each mission but this is how I confirmed it for myself personally.

That good to hear, I'm 99% certain I have not touched the single player stuff. Thanks heaps for the info! I'll check it out after work but at least I have time to go back if I have missed these.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, black__bunny said:

That good to hear, I'm 99% certain I have not touched the single player stuff. Thanks heaps for the info! I'll check it out after work but at least I have time to go back if I have missed these.

To add to this. If you talk to grim you can upgrade the ship so that you can see collectibles on your map. Can't remember which option all I remember is that it started with a C.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, black__bunny said:

In addition to the tips above, on the SMI map you can select specific missions and there'll be a collectibles tab you can move to and it will tell you which collectibles you collected for that specific mission.

• Like 2