Post your Elite Mode Fails

Mr_Tenno777

The servers maybe dead and the 100% is impossible, but there is no doubt that Like a Boss, the sole offline DLC trophy is the hardest trophy in the game.

I did the 100%, but these are my fails I remember on top of my head from Chapter 6 and 7

Some of my apptemts were: 

Chapter 6

#1 and 2: I was in cover and I think a spider drone or something one hit me to death

#3: There were two enemy snipers when Echo needing help that I had to kill, but I was stupid and went up the ladder and died as a result

Chapter 7

Most of my runs: I got killed by the drones on where I have to mascot Massar because of the damn FOV.

#6 I had to get on the turret and shoot Helghast but there were too many of them, and I died. 

Edited by Mr_Tenno777
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mr_Tenno777 said:

The servers maybe dead and the 100% is impossible, but there is no doubt that Like a Boss, the sole offline DLC trophy is the hardest trophy in the game.

I did the 100%, but these are my fails I remember on top of my head from Chapter 6 and 7

Some of my apptemts were: 

Chapter 6

#1 and 2: I was in cover and I think a spider drone or something one hit me to death

#3: There were two enemy snipers when Echo needing help that I had to kill, but I was stupid and went up the ladder and died as a result

Chapter 7

Most of my runs: I got killed by the drones on where I have to mascot Massar because of the damn FOV.

#6 I had to get on the turret and shoot Helghast but there were too many of them, and I died. 

man I love the idea of this topic!

Chapter 2

#1 Last section, on the roof, died because a gas tank explode (was nearly done, if i had it, i wouldn't restart 20 times ahah) 

#2 Died because felt from the cliff

#3 Cliff again

#4 Reach en section, didn't know big guys can cancel your zoom when they shoot at you

#5 Activate the zipline for OWL instead of attack

#6 Cliff again

#7 cliff again

#8 to 20 Died because i wasn't careful enough

Chapter 9 

#1 Died at fly section, didn't know I could move around to avoid laser rocks shoot

#2 Died at end section because i didn't bring mines and couldn't watch my back

• Like 2

I wish I was streaming when this happened but during the end cutscene of chapter 9, the game crashed on me and I have to do the chapter all over again. Doesn't help that this is my first playthrough of the game. You really can't make this up can you? 

Got a little hysterical when it happened, back to those shootouts again.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

Anyone know if elite mode pops the hard mode trophy?

According to this profile it’s stackable, there’s a 6 second gap though. I’d still like to know the answer from psnprofiles, which is more reliable. (I saw this player’s comment on other forum)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2237-killzone-shadow-fall/Fr-QWM

I have just finished the game on hard as my first playthrough, I will do elite mode the other day. And I am glad I didn’t just straightly jump into elite mode. You really need to understand the game to get through, know where the enemies spawn, know the route and better on a mode that doesn’t restrict your retries. Or you will be spending a lot of time restoring your save. And the game has very few QTE. I died of one stupid QTE and one very easily-avoidable car crush at the end of two chapters. I am so glad I wasn’t on elite

Edited by archangeltw_

7 hours ago, archangeltw_ said:

According to this profile it’s stackable, there’s a 6 second gap though. I’d still like to know the answer from psnprofiles, which is more reliable. (I saw this player’s comment on other forum)

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2237-killzone-shadow-fall/Fr-QWM

I have just finished the game on hard as my first playthrough, I will do elite mode the other day. And I am glad I didn’t just straightly jump into elite mode. You really need to understand the game to get through, know where the enemies spawn, know the route and better on a mode that doesn’t restrict your retries. Or you will be spending a lot of time restoring your save. And the game has very few QTE. I died of one stupid QTE and one very easily-avoidable car crush at the end of two chapters. I am so glad I wasn’t on elite

Im just considering doing an easy run because hard was annoying me

• 3 months later...

Chapter 5:

1) Died to a riot shield enemy while my OWL was hacking the panel

2) Died when the "QTE" for using the EMP popped up. Wasn't paying attention since the opening to this Chapter is so incredibly boring that a civillain ratted on me.

3) 90% of the way through the level I used my zipline from the crane to the platform, but the zipline ended past the platform so I fell to my death...

Chapter 6:

Probably 3 or 4 deaths. The Chapter was so tedious that everytime I died however it felt like I was setback years. Although I forgot to jot them down so I can't remember.

Chapter 7:

Probably 5 or so deaths. Although I forgot to jot them down so I can't remember. They all came in the first half of the level though. Using the strategy where you use the OWL Shield + the explosive sniper proved useful, and as a result I was able to first try the defense at the end of the level.

Chapter 10

Wow. Chapter 10. Y'know, the one that takes 5 minutes and is for all intents and purposes a freebie? Yeah. That's the one I died the most on. Definitely was due to being impatient. I was a few minutes away from getting the 100%, so why not just ruhs through it? Bad idea.

1) Walked too close to a guard while cloaked and got gunned down.

2) Walked too close to a guard... again.

3) The objective for picking up the sniper wouldn't complete. So I killed myself.

4) The objective for picking up the sniper & for disabling the upper security wasn't completing. Killed myself again. (Cue Groundhog Day).

5) Dropped onto a guard after grabbing the sniper and got gunned down.

6) Too close to a guard while climbing up after disabling the lower security.

7) My closet one yet. I went guns blazing and all the objectives completed. However, I was a handful of seconds too slow and they evacuated Sinclair.

My 100% is done. Revisiting the game for the Elite playthrough just confirmed to me how much I dislike this game. Although I did enjoy the aspect of looking through different speedrun strats like Wolfenstein II.

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 9:50 AM, bunshing said:

Chapter 2

#1 Last section, on the roof, died because a gas tank explode (was nearly done, if i had it, i wouldn't restart 20 times ahah) 

#2 Died because felt from the cliff

#3 Cliff again

#4 Reach en section, didn't know big guys can cancel your zoom when they shoot at you

#5 Activate the zipline for OWL instead of attack

#6 Cliff again

#7 cliff again

#8 to 20 Died because i wasn't careful enough

I remember despising Chapter 2 when I first played through the game, but fortunately was able to get through it without dying (downed a couple times but OWL was there to save me)

Although it seems you learned quickly because you didn't have any resets for the other 8 chapters.

• Like 1