Delisted from PS4 [UPDATE: Relisted]

Update 2: The game has been relisted on the PSN store (UK storefront link): https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1024-CUSA07627_00-ZEROESCAPE000000

As was suspected, it's now being published by Spike Chunsoft, after Aksys lost the publishing rights, which likely resulted in the previous temporary delisting.

Update: It's now been confirmed that the PS4 version of Zero Time Dilemma has indeed been delisted from almost all regional storefronts. It remains available on some Asian storefronts at the time of writing.

Original: Unless I'm going mad, it seems this game is completely gone from the PSN storefront for PS4 for both NA and EU regions (well, at least the UK). This is the page I get when trying to view it on the webstore: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1024-CUSA07627_00-ZEROESCAPE000000

Could anyone else confirm?

If it is indeed gone permanently, it may be time for anyone interested in this game, but don't currently own it, to buy physical copies before they inevitably get expensive/rare due to the delisting. The Vita version was delisted years ago I believe (edit: it and the 3DS version were delisted around July-August 2021), and physical copies for that version are a tad pricey nowadays.

Edit: Seems the PS4 version is already a bit rare, but I see some copies on ebay for £25 (brand new). I don't know how rare it is in North America, but it's probably going to get more expensive soon if this delisting is permanent.

Edit 2: There is a possibility the Nonary Games MAY also be delisted. There is no confirmation whether it will or won't, but it seems to have been delisted from the non-JP Asian storefronts at some point. It may be best to buy it soon if you're at all interested. It's currently on sale for the next 24-48 hours on the NA and EU PSN stores. There are also physical copies available, but I believe they may be somewhat expensive nowadays (and will become more expensive in the event it is delisted).

Edited by Raidou Kuzunoha XIV
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, ShingledClown said:

Yeah looks like you're only hope is retail or having a hacked vita, checked the normal vita store and it's not on there or even in my download list, but I got it as part of PS Plus which i don't have right now, so I don't know if that's why it's not in my downloads.

I thankfully already own the game physically on both Vita and PS4, but a friend recently told me they couldn't find this game on the PSN store, after they were sure it was still available to purchase just a few weeks ago. I decided to check myself, and yep, it's gone.

It seems it must have been very recent as the listings for it still exist on Platprices and PSprices.

I imagine you currently not having PS+ is probably why it's not in your download list, but can't confirm either way.

I hate how when things are often delisted, it's just abruptly and without any warning.

games have been delisted when rights to a certain game transfers to a new developer.

have to agree if don't have the game i would buy before this becomes something like 40-50$ if still able to be bought from sellers.

Edited by Lordguwa

I've just checked Ebay UK and there are some reasonably priced copies on there but now the game has been delisted, those prices are going to skyrocket in the near future :(. The likely reason for the sudden delisting, is a rights/licensing issue but it could be the devs and publisher have had a falling out.

EDIT: Zero Escape: The Nonary Games has been delisted from the non-JP Asia stores but is still available everywhere else.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, ShingledClown said:

Yeah looks like you're only hope is retail or having a hacked vita, checked the normal vita store and it's not on there or even in my download list, but I got it as part of PS Plus which i don't have right now, so I don't know if that's why it's not in my downloads.

Just checked my library on the PS App and I still have Zero Time Dilemma in it so it’s probably because you’re not subbed to PS+

• Like 2

16 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

EDIT: Zero Escape: The Nonary Games has been delisted from the non-JP Asia stores but is still available everywhere else.

Thanks for the info, I'll update the OP to include that the Nonary Games may also be in danger of being delisted. Wouldn't be the first time a game being delisted in one region was shortly delisted in other regions, so it's a possibility.

It seems Zero Time Dilemma was also delisted from the Nintendo 3DS eshop back around March 2022 in Europe, and North America sometime shortly beforehand. Edit: Apparently it was actually delisted last year, back around July-August 2021.

Can't find anything from the devs or publishers on the reasons (or any mention thereof) for the delistings.

Edited by Raidou Kuzunoha XIV
Meant 3DS eshop, NOT Switch (it's never been ported to Switch)

21 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

There’s copies on eBay for $40 shipped (PS4). Vita is gonna cost you over $100 but that’s been the case for a while now

i dont own, will never own, and will never give a damn about vita. Me an handheld don't like each other lol, ask my switch. ill play a new release 20mins or so then shelve the console ?

Yeah i havent checked ebay yet, i have a few games i own only because of value alone. May add this one

I missed my shot sadly, many times I saw those games on sale and never managed to pull the trigger, despite having a slight interest in them for a long time now.

Oh well, I'll have to look up on my local electronic stores and hope for the best.

12 hours ago, MandA60VISE said:

It's a damn shame The Nonary Games might get removed but no one's missing out from not playing Zero Time Dilemma. Sometimes I like to pretend the game doesn't even exist and it makes me happier.

Zero Time Dilemma even if you consider it worse than the rest of the series is still a good game. I think all this hate is a meme at this point.

• Like 4

Yeah I can't find " Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma " on the store, although I did buy it on Vita off the store in 2017 or so.

Weren't there 3 of these games? Virtue's last reward was free on PS+ a long while ago now

[edit] I can see checked the Vita store front end and it's still there, I can click on it but there's no button to download (even though I already own it) or purchase button, so it has definitely been delisted but for whatever reason Sony never fixed the shitty storefront...

Edited by enaysoft

I'll email my contact at Spike Chunsoft but I think I know what's going on - it's possibly the same as Danganronpa. Outside of Japan, the games had different publishers - Aksys for Nonary and NIS America for Danganronpa.

Spike Chunsoft decided to reclaim the worldwide distribution rights so Danganronpa left all digital stores and came back as their game with NIS America was removed from the title cards. I have a feeling that this may be the same thing happening here - possibly lining it up for the eventual Switch release considering it's already been ported to the Xbox.

I'll update when they reply :)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Yeah I can't find " Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma " on the store, although I did buy it on Vita off the store in 2017 or so.

Weren't there 3 of these games? Virtue's last reward was free on PS+ a long while ago now

Nonary Games included 999 and Virtues Last Reward

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Well, I feel stupid...

The Nonary Games is on the store... https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1024-CUSA06937_00-ZEROESCAPE999ZEN

The third game isn't though - plus, the above is now saying published by Spike, so maybe they're in the process of putting ZTD back on.

Yeah, Nonary Games currently isn't delisted (though it is on non-JP Asian storefronts), just Zero Time Dilemma.

Hopefully it's indeed just a case of them switching over publishing rights and the game will be made available again soon.

• Like 1