saw and immediately thought WOW. Its been delayed so many times (not that I care about it but others do)

Hope you fans get to feast soon!

Edit: thought it was 2023 release. Ah maybe Ubi should cancel it. 3+ years on a remake? jesus christ

Edited by Infected Elite

2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Edit: thought it was 2023 release. Ah maybe Ubi should cancel it. 3+ years on a remake? jesus christ

This whole dragged out fiasco appears to be another Metroid Prime 4 type of situation, where relatively fresh and inexperienced developers are given such a tall order right out of the gate that come with massive expectations from publisher and consumer alike (although in this case it's a remake as opposed to a completely new game, but I digress). Expectations they probably never could have met to begin with, no less. Then they (as in Ubisoft in this case, Nintendo in MP4's) pass it back to the studio who made the original game in the first place, and said developers essentially have to restart everything from scratch. In that sense, the previous version of the remake was cancelled for all intents and purposes. Wouldn't be surprised if the previous developers weren't able to work with the time, experience, and budget they had either. Hoping the current version of the remake fares better, not only because I like the Prince of Persia games, but also because The Sands of Time and its sequels have aged quite a bit (even though I still enjoy them). lmao

Tl;dr: Ubisoft are dumb and cheap bastards that should've handed the remake off to developers with more experience and a higher budget with which to work with to begin with.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

This whole dragged out fiasco appears to be another Metroid Prime 4 type of situation, where relatively fresh and inexperienced developers are given such a tall order right out of the gate that come with massive expectations from publisher and consumer alike (although in this case it's a remake as opposed to a completely new game, but I digress). Expectations they probably never could have met to begin with, no less. Then they (as in Ubisoft in this case, Nintendo in MP4's) pass it back to the studio who made the original game in the first place, and said developers essentially have to restart everything from scratch. In that sense, the previous version of the remake was cancelled for all intents and purposes. Wouldn't be surprised if the previous developers weren't able to work with the time, experience, and budget they had either. Hoping the current version of the remake fares better, not only because I like the Prince of Persia games, but also because The Sands of Time and its sequels have aged quite a bit (even though I still enjoy them). lmao

Tl;dr: Ubisoft are dumb and cheap bastards that should've handed the remake off to developers with more experience and a higher budget with which to work with to begin with.

Metroid Prime 4 will never happen until nintendo comes out with a console that can compete and quit being stupid fucks who want to experiment all the time with cheap gimmick shit. 

2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Metroid Prime 4 will never happen until nintendo comes out with a console that can compete and quit being stupid fucks who want to experiment all the time with cheap gimmick shit. 

Metroid Prime 1-3 looked great and ran at generally high framerates on the GameCube and Wii, so I don't really think that's the issue or even a major reason here specifically.

It's poor choice/management of the initial developer on Nintendo's part, and poor leadership at Retro (which has been reported and known for years).

And, last I checked, they're making more money at the moment with their "cheap gimmick shit" as their current gimmick appeals to more people. I want stronger hardware out of them as well, but this just feels like an excessive reach on your part. Especially since it doesn't even likely factor in at all to the original devs not meeting Nintendo's expectations.

2 hours ago, Ciri Riannon said:

I'm not surprised at all. Ubisoft should of known better to stick with the new gen consoles PS5 and Xbox Series X/S exclusively only and NOT PS4 and Xbox One.

Not sure how that's relevant here at all, since I can't imagine hardware limitations is to blame based off of what we know and have seen (unless I've missed something).

Plus, it'll probably be next-gen/current-gen only now anyways after all of the crap that's happened to the poor damn thing so far. lol

Edited by Zephrese

23 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

Metroid Prime 1-3 looked great and ran at generally high framerates on the GameCube and Wii, so I don't really think that's the issue or even a major reason here specifically.

It's poor choice/management of the initial developer on Nintendo's part, and poor leadership at Retro (which has been reported and known for years).

And, last I checked, they're making more money at the moment with their "cheap gimmick shit" as their current gimmick appeals to more people. I want stronger hardware out of them as well, but this just feels like an excessive reach on your part. Especially since it doesn't even likely factor in at all to the original devs not meeting Nintendo's expectations.

Might be a bit of a reach but Nintendo needs to step up. 

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

Might be a bit of a reach but Nintendo needs to step up. 

But for who, though? Most people clearly don't care considering how well the Switch is doing even after the PS5's and Series X's release, or will just buy the other consoles or a PC regardless if they also buy a Switch or not because that's what those are for. It'd do Nintendo no good finically either given the Switch's continued success despite its lack of power compared to its counterparts. A majority of people don't buy a Switch for power and probably only as a secondary console they can also take on the go, and a lot of those same people would probably just go elsewhere if it was essentially just another glorified PC like the PS5 and Series X are. And at least the Switch's gimmick actually serves a purpose with lasting appeal unlike the Wii's motion controls or the Wii U's GamePad. lol Again, I agree that Nintendo should try to make some stronger hardware, but I also don't think they should cater to the 1% of people like you or me either because then they'd be losing tons of money and it'd just be more of the same. Plus, that's what emulation is for haha

Either way this has gotten way off-topic. lol

Edited by Zephrese

Just now, Zephrese said:

But for who, though? Most people clearly don't care considering how well the Switch is doing even after the PS5 and Series X's release, or will just buy the other consoles or a PC regardless if they also buy a Switch or not because that's what those are for. It'd do Nintendo no good finically either given the Switch's continued success despite its lack of power compared to its counterparts. A majority of people don't buy a Switch for power and probably only as a secondary console they can also take on the go, and a lot of those same people would probably just go elsewhere if it was essentially just another glorified PC like the PS5 and Series X are. And at least the Switch's gimmick actually serves a purpose with lasting appeal unlike the Wii's motion controls or the Wii U's GamePad. lol Again, I agree that Nintendo should try to make some stronger hardware, but I also don't think they should cater to the 1% of people like you or me either because then they'd be losing tons money and it'd just be more of the same. Plus, that's what emulation is for haha

Either way this has gotten way off-topic. lol

yeah its off topic lol i just hate joycons, i have prob controllers etc. would prefer something better for handheld/no shitty joysticks. Ive seen the odd ones but yeah. Other than that, i just hate the cartoon graphics of everything. Mario i understand but why can't we get a realistic/twilight looking Zelda? maybe next console cycle (doubtful)

But also in terms of this game PoP, if its only last gen consoles, that'd likely limit what they can do with it graphically though this was a ps2 title originally ? so can only go up 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

yeah its off topic lol i just hate joycons, i have prob controllers etc. would prefer something better for handheld/no shitty joysticks. Ive seen the odd ones but yeah. Other than that, i just hate the cartoon graphics of everything. Mario i understand but why can't we get a realistic/twilight looking Zelda? maybe next console cycle (doubtful)

But also in terms of this game PoP, if its only last gen consoles, that'd likely limit what they can do with it graphically though this was a ps2 title originally ? so can only go up 

That's fair, I guess. I really like BOTW's artstyle and think it fits just fine, but another game in the style of TP (but better and less muddy) would be a dream come true. Personally I've always liked that Zelda experiments with artstyles as opposed to just sticking to one thing for too long, but that's just me. Plus, I think there's too much "realism" in games nowadays in general, most of which confuse realism for a lack of color (or at least color that doesn't look like an abandoned used toilet in a rundown building, anyways lol).

I think they could've made the Sands of Time remake look great even with last-gen hardware, but again I don't think last-gen hardware was a major contributing factor behind the poor circumstances surrounding the remake in of itself. That said, now that they kind of have no choice but to release it on current-gen hardware, it'll only have more graphical potential (assuming it ever gets released to begin with ?).

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zephrese said:

That's fair, I guess. I really like BOTW's artstyle and think it fits just fine, but another game in the style of TP (but better and less muddy) would be a dream come true. Personally I've always liked that Zelda experiments with artstyles as opposed to just sticking to one thing for too long, but that's just me. Plus, I think there's too much "realism" in games nowadays in general, most of which confuse realism for a lack of color (or at least color that doesn't look like an abandoned used toilet in a rundown building, anyways lol).

I think they could've made the  Sands of Time remake look great even with last-gen hardware, but again I don't think last-gen hardware was a major contributing factor behind the poor circumstances surrounding the remake in of itself. That said, now that they kind of have no choice but to release it on current-gen hardware, it'll only have more graphical potential (assuming it ever gets released to begin with 1f602.png).

I bet if this launches itll be end of Q3/Summer 2023 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ciri Riannon said:

I'm not surprised at all. Ubisoft should of known better to stick with the new gen consoles PS5 and Xbox Series X/S exclusively only and NOT PS4 and Xbox One.

I'm sorry but that has nothing to do with the delay lol 

And this line of thinking is somewhat flawed. You're asking developers to cut their revenue in half if not by 3/4 which will Never happen. Some games may come out as console generation exclusives but that is only due to limitations period, Hell let loose for example couldn't run on current gen which is why we don't have it on those and that is the only reason otherwise until sales/user base meets a particular set marketing goal they have no intention whatsoever of losing more money than necessary.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SOCOM-WARDOG-45 said:

Hell let loose for example couldn't run on current gen which is why we don't have it on those

Hell Let Loose couldn’t run on PS5 or Xbox Series?

I read the post you’re replying to as saying it is difficult for Ubisoft devs to get this to work on PS4 and devs should have targeted PS5 specs and capabilities so it doesn’t keep getting delayed to make it work for PS4, aka Last Gen. What does your comment have to do with that?

3 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

That goes for every dev. Its time to put the PS4 and Xbox One generation in the rearview. 

I think devs would be more inclined to release exclusively on the PS5 if more people had the damn console. As it stands, releasing for PS4 or PS4/PS5 gives a much better chance of financial success simply because that means many more potential players.