4 hours ago, Xillynoc said:

I think devs would be more inclined to release exclusively on the PS5 if more people had the damn console. As it stands, releasing for PS4 or PS4/PS5 gives a much better chance of financial success simply because that means many more potential players.

lol there's enough out there. People are too stupid to put in effort

58 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Well, Sackboy Adventure has a list that was a test from the devs. You can still see it here on psnp

As do Destruction Allstars, Project Nimbus, Spectrum, and PlayStation Home. 

2 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Has there ever been a case where a game gets completed canceled and the trophies stay for on PSNP or Exophase?

The Japanese versions of Octonauts, Contraptions, and Buster's Quest. 

• Like 1

Although this is an old list, I've noticed previously that some games only get pulled through to here when someone has played the game and is signed up to this site.

I've had a number of games where the lists were only on exophase until I'd played them a little then refreshed my profile on here, initially showing an 'unknown' game title but soon converting to the actual list.

13 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Hell Let Loose couldn’t run on PS5 or Xbox Series?

I read the post you’re replying to as saying it is difficult for Ubisoft devs to get this to work on PS4 and devs should have targeted PS5 specs and capabilities so it doesn’t keep getting delayed to make it work for PS4, aka Last Gen. What does your comment have to do with that?

Okay so let me clarify my comment of "Current" gen 

Current gen despite what some main stream YouTubers or Twitchers might say is still PS4 slim.

Let me explain 

PS5 is still "Next" gen and will remain next gen until a console (Example) -PS5 Pro- is released therefore pushing the PS5 into "Current" and taking it's place as "Next" so stating last gen AKA PS4 technically is incorrect unless you add " "Pro" to it as "PS4" has 3 different generations.

PS4, old gen

PS4 Pro, last gen

Ps4 slim, current gen

Ps5, next gen

Now As for the comment in which I was replying to I was stating that Most devs ubisoft included won't focus on PS5 gen exclusives because it would cut revenue as it doesn't meet a certain marketing goal yet. A example I will use is AC. Black flag PS3/PS4 or a even better example is COD BO3 PS3/PS4 A game that indeed never should have seen a PS3 release but did because the Player/User base still didn't meet a certain set number that they deemed satisfactory on PS4 at the time. 

Now nowhere in that comment that I qouted did it say anything about ubisoft having trouble getting it to work on "Current" gen and that I don't believe that had anything to do with it's delay because if you notice all the trophy lists for it that we have seen are for the ps4 version not the PS5 and the PS4 development if I remember correctly started some time ago indicating that PS5 started later and they are more inclined to meet issues there than something that has already been in progress for some time. That being said....

My main input was to why developers won't focus on those specs alone at the moment.

so what does your comment have to to with mine?

4 minutes ago, SOCOM-WARDOG-45 said:

Okay so let me clarify my comment of "Current" gen 

Current gen despite what some main stream YouTubers or Twitchers might say is still PS4 slim.

Let me explain 

PS5 is still "Next" gen and will remain next gen until a console (Example) -PS5 Pro- is released therefore pushing the PS5 into "Current" and taking it's place as "Next" so stating last gen AKA PS4 technically is incorrect unless you add " "Pro" to it as "PS4" has 3 different generations.

PS4, old gen

PS4 Pro, last gen

Ps4 slim, current gen

Ps5, next gen

I'm fairly certain you're quite unique in how you're defining last, current, and next gen PlayStation consoles, so thank you for explaining your interesting take.

5 minutes ago, SOCOM-WARDOG-45 said:

My main input was to why developers won't focus on those specs alone at the moment.

so what does your comment have to to with mine?

I also believe Ubisoft as a company delivers predictably broken content and affects their sales by trying to deliver games, like the one in this topic, for multiple generations on multiple platforms. With over 20 million PS5 consoles in use, Ubisoft would do better to refine their code to only meet the PS5 consoles performance, rather than worrying about it also working for PS4. The reduced workload of troubleshooting and inevitable patching of multiple code bases should significantly reduce turn time, increase their profit margin, and deliver a better game.

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

I'm fairly certain you're quite unique in how you're defining last, current, and next gen PlayStation consoles, so thank you for explaining your interesting take.

I also believe Ubisoft as a company delivers predictably broken content and affects their sales by trying to deliver games, like the one in this topic, for multiple generations on multiple platforms. With over 20 million PS5 consoles in use, Ubisoft would do better to refine their code to only meet the PS5 consoles performance, rather than worrying about it also working for PS4. The reduced workload of troubleshooting and inevitable patching of multiple code bases should significantly reduce turn time, increase their profit margin, and deliver a better game.

It's not unique just common sense in how the terminology of the definition in the words are implied.

PS3 super slim was considered "Current" until PS4 pro was released and PS4 remained "Next" gen until that day

so why change the way we describe it now? Just because a Youtuber might say current referring to the 5?

If you can explain to me how the PS3 super slim remained current until PS4 pro but suddenly PS5 is now current with no console to advance to at the moment I will admit my thinking might be flawed but you can't just change how the labeling process works because someone said so.

Though I heavily agree with you on your belief and feel that we could potentially see a better product overall if that were the case unfortunately i also have doubts that even focusing on 1 gen would provide good quality especially from Ubisoft in particular as their track record for years now hasn't been great even when focusing on just 1 generation now that's not to say they haven't put out some decent things like  The Division and some AC titles but they have also had terrible ones as well Unity was a godly nightmare. And It also doesn't help that ubisoft has a history of constantly switching studios mid project as is the case with this one 

I still believe however the game runs rather well on PS4 as I haven't found any evidence to suggest otherwise.

With that said though it doesn't mean the evidence is not there.

Just from what I have seen the PS4 version is on track so the delay itself is just disheartening as this is one of my many childhood favorites.

Also might I add it's not 20 million in use 

Sony just announced late june that it was 20 million sold but 25% of those sold have never been used.

Edited by SOCOM-WARDOG-45
Update

Back on topic, this gem has been pushed many times but I still has it preordered.

My only relief is that even when it's going to take longer, it was taken from Ubisoft India, and finally bots stopped stating that it was a great remaster that it just needed some tuning, heck no..

Now Ubisoft Montreal took the project, being optimistic I good say it will be ready for Holiday 2023.

1 minute ago, GoldenShaka said:

Back on topic, this gem has been pushed many times but I still has it preordered.

My only relief is that even when it's going to take longer, it was taken from Ubisoft India, and finally bots stopped stating that it was a great remaster that it just needed some tuning, heck no..

Now Ubisoft Montreal took the project, being optimistic I good say it will be ready for Holiday 2023.

2023 would be a wonderful thing and holiday release would be the perfect gift 

I just want to play it lol

I still have the original and play every now and then but sometimes memories are better left alone. 

3 minutes ago, SOCOM-WARDOG-45 said:

2023 would be a wonderful thing and holiday release would be the perfect gift 

I just want to play it lol

I still have the original and play every now and then but sometimes memories are better left alone. 

There is one solid reason why I need the remaster, that the ps3 one was terrible, specially the soundtrack, so basically the only way to play it decently it would be with the original ps2 version, not saying is perfect.

3 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

There is one solid reason why I need the remaster, that the ps3 one was terrible, specially the soundtrack, so basically the only way to play it decently it would be with the original ps2 version, not saying is perfect.

Couldn't say it any better.

The PS3 one excited me to hell

And that ended 5 minutes in.

• 7 months later...
26 minutes ago, TrophyChief said:

When the hell is this game coming out?! Geez

I at least know what the trophies will be like.

I get the impression that they completely reset development, if it’s still coming out that is.

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 1