Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Confirmed To Run Best On PS4

As per usual these days, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will run the best on Sony's new console as confirmed by Konami. 

Here are some comparison pictures as well. 

oETQdyI.png

ij2St6eIC5NIO.png

ienI9L3WpfzNH.png
Improvements on PS4 version:
d0oAQH7.jpg 

inEpTEeUnn1tK.png
ikm1e4j0ksDAT.png
Improvements on PS4 version:
QxJ2OO2.jpg 

Comparison Screens (Xbox 360 vs Xbox One)
iOJzJC7UVOpWJ.png
ibauxc9d9FseUH.png
Improvements on Xbox One version:
SdCqbIA.jpg 

iyeCVXYBBHPlZ.png
iQkY8tnaJUgIL.png
Improvements on Xbox One version:
dlixctm.jpg

Source: IGN

All the versions look great but I'll be getting the 1080P, 60fps version.

Parker

• Like 1

So we're doing a comparison of all four platforms, yet we're using completely different images to compare with? Not exactly the brightest move, unless the sole purpose is to compare the "New Gen" versus "Previous Gen". Especially considering the image size disparities.

EDIT:
OP had it's image errors fixed.

Edited by KitsuneChaos

I'm still annoyed Kojima made MGS V multi platform. I know MGS has been on Xbox and Nintendo consoles before, but it's been synonymous with the PlayStation brand since 1998. No doubt about that. In fact, if MGS V was exclusive to PS4 then the hype surrounding it would equal to that of Titanfall. You just have to look at MGS IV to see how big of a system seller it was for PS3.

Edited by RisewithBane

Why must we start a console war with ourselves every time a game plays 1080p on PS4 and 720p on XB1? Just buy the damn game and enjoy it. There is nothing wrong with only preferring one console over the other, but do we have to start a pissing contest every single time?

Who is starting a pissing contest? In my original post I even said all the versions look great, but I think it is worth noting the PS4 version runs the best for those who have multiple consoles. 

Parker

All the versions look great but I'll be getting the 1080P, 60fps version.

Parker

See what you did there, Sir Parker!   B)   :) of course you would and the rest of the community who love the franchise!

I'm still annoyed Kojima made MGS V multi platform. I know MGS has been on Xbox and Nintendo consoles before, but it's been synonymous with the PlayStation brand since 1998. No doubt about that. In fact, if MGS V was exclusive to PS4 then the hype surrounding it would equal to that of Titanfall. You just have to look at MGS IV to see how big of a system seller it was for PS3.

Well save it bud! Am as disappointed as you are. But we can't blame Kojima san either. Considering the Production cost and labour the team has

to put through, countless hours perfecting a single chapter(Bug free etc) attention to details. Our man Kojima couldn't just live in the past and say

"I made games for pure passion" and couldn't care less about the financial impact they have to tackle. More or less the decision has been made in a Business stand point.  ;) 

Cheers! #goodvibes :highfive: 

-Razgriz

Edited by xf22Razgriz

Who is starting a pissing contest? In my original post I even said all the versions look great, but I think it is worth noting the PS4 version runs the best for those who have multiple consoles. 

Parker

Sorry Parker, My post wasn't directed at you. I referring to those who have to mention "console wars" and piss all over the XB1 every time someone posts an article that mentions both the XB1 and PS4. I understand that it runs better on PS4, but to sit there and bash on the console is just silly. I've always bought Sony consoles, never owned a microsoft console in my life, but it's not nice to make fun of those on the site who own both consoles if you know what I mean.

Only one month before i can get my hands on this game - cannot wait!

Just to add to the discussion of the discrepancies between the next-gen consoles; Thief, The Witcher 3 and Watch Dogs are all confirmed to run at a higher resolution on the PS4 than the Xbox One.

Resolution means very little on these games, and even Kojima himself said this. Nobody gave a shit about resolutions during the last gen, but now that it can be used as Playstation fanboy fuel, it's suddenly everywhere.

The game will most likely look absolutely identical on both consoles to the untrained eye. If one day you'd accidentally play it on 720p you probably wouldn't even notice it.