Kena Bridge of Spirits Anniversary update.

snakebit10

26 minutes ago, LazyJournalist said:

No new trophies included in Anniversary update. Confirmed by Ember Lab on Twitter.

Wow thanks for the update, 100% could be mega quick now from a Speedrunners perspective.

Question now is: Are the new additions to Rot Hats, Abilities etc going to be added to current trophy requirements???

Nice to see they are rebalancing difficulty as well, adding new Abilities and also adding more loot in NG+

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gummibug said:

Sample trial 1f636.png6lKk.j

Also the for the 100% completion adds more hats and charms that are only obtainable through the trials 

So those who 100% completed it are in for a rude awakening with this patch 

Alsobpg[/img]jao6lKk.jpg

I'd like to know if the new stuff has been added to trophy requirements.....

For example, are only the base game hats needed for the Hat trophy, or do you now need the new Hats as well???

Not much way to tell other than playing and checking as some Devs update requirements, and some don't 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Shame they didn't add new trophies. The trials were really fun :D

The final one was not easy though.

Do you know if the new collectibles are needed for current trophies, like the new Hats?? It's always hit & miss if Devs change the requirements or not....

Does any of the new stuff break the game, like any mega OP charms??

I guess nobody has found the new stuff added in NG+ yet??

I've also noticed that Master Spirit Guide is unlocked from the start now!!

I think what we as community all need to figure out to help future players is:

- Have any of the trophy requirements changed due to new additions??

- Do the Master glitches still work??

- Can you NG+ onto a higher difficulty??

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 4

Anyone trying Master Difficulty on New Game + hoping it would be easier to plat the game, will probably be annoyed. 

In one of the early fights they added exploding enemies into the mix - they latch on to Kena and explode 

- or they dive bomb into her. 

Yeah I am done with this game I completed it ages ago. I was hoping NG+ would have given me the chance to play it on MD, but the developers made it even harder 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Gummibug said:

Anyone trying Master Difficulty on New Game + hoping it would be easier to plat the game, will probably be annoyed. 

In one of the early fights they added exploding enemies into the mix - they latch on to Kena and explode 

- or they dive bomb into her. 

Yeah I am done with this game I completed it ages ago. I was hoping NG+ would have given me the chance to play it on MD, but the developers made it even harder 

Not really surprised they made it more challenging, I thought those new charms were going to make you kinda op, or actually there's no benefit at all?

I put the game on hold to play normal with the new additions and then ng+ hardcore.

I hope someone here share how different is for the platinum with the new update.

Luckily I have it on disc so I can decide not updating the game and just play with the previous patch.

1 hour ago, emailking said:

Wait, is it just NG+ that is harder, or even a playthrough from scratch? And is it just Master Spirit or even the normal difficulty that is changed?

I only tried NG+ on Master Difficulty hoping it would make things more manageable, but the developers add new enemies at least very early on in the game (before reaching the Village) 

Master difficulty from just starting from scratch is the same as it was. 

I don't know if they changed things on other difficulties if playing NG+

On 22/08/2022 at 3:45 AM, XileLerinril said:

You're not the only one. I thought the game was pretty meh on the first run-through, and by the time I was done with master I hated it. If they just want us to do a new game plus run-through, it's only like 4 hours to beat the game if you skip all the stuff. My concern is they are going to have a Gold rank all the trials kinda thing. Getting Days Gone flashbacks I guess. 

Lol, you are both not the only two. It’s a strange one because I find it hard to put my finger on the exact reason why, but I just kinda stopped playing this in game in the middle of my first playthrough. That is very rare these days for me unless the game has glitched a trophy or messed with my save file.

I would normally persevere once I’d started. Even if it was mistake to start playing. Kena didnt glitch my save or mess the trophy popping. It’s not like it looks really bad or plays like a turkey but for some reason it just didn’t engage me with it’s gameplay or storytelling at all. Ultimately I was just bored whilst playing it, for whatever reason that maybe, I just found myself looking at other games I could be playing each time I booted it up and then the day came I started something else and I’ve never returned. It always felt to me like just something to get through rather than something I was enjoying. I’ve kept the game rather than selling it on as I had always thought I’d go back and finish it, but I’m not really that sure I will now. An update wouldn’t necessarily encourage me too.....it would have to be the updates of all updates I think.....

• Like 2