How to leave DLC area + DLC Trophy Discussion

Timmah200

Hey all!  Just finished the main missions.  I have a few trophies left...one side mission to complete, finding a "secret route," etc.

I am now back in the main town of the DLC.  I don't see another side mission on the map, nor can I figure out how to get back to the main areas of the game.  The metro area won't take me there and I can't use a taxi to get there either (unless there is something I'm missing).

If anyone can help me out with this, let me know, ty!

EDIT: Also, I've performed many melee kills and the "special" (L2?) without any trophies.  People are getting these, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Edited by Timmah200
Topic Updates

10 minutes ago, Timmah200 said:

Hey all!  Just finished the main missions.  I have a few trophies left...one side mission to complete, finding a "secret route," etc.

I am now back in the main town of the DLC.  I don't see another side mission on the map, nor can I figure out how to get back to the main areas of the game.  The metro area won't take me there and I can't use a taxi to get there either (unless there is something missing.

If anyone can help me out with this, let me know, ty!

EDIT: Also, I've performed many melee kills and the "special" (L2?) without any trophies.  People are getting these, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

im missing a side mission aswell ...Not showing up after dlc is finished? And the melee was bugged for me I killed around 19 before it popped? The secret route is in the canary mech factory...  

1 minute ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

im missing a side mission aswell ...Not showing up after dlc is finished? And the melee was bugged for me I killed around 19 before it popped? The secret route is in the canary mech factory...  

Okay I'll look around there.  I've killed 30-50 with melee, both kinds, no trophies.  Weird.  The 50x Lvl 35 peeps just popped for me.  I'll keep chopping away....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Timmah200 said:

Okay I'll look around there.  I've killed 30-50 with melee, both kinds, no trophies.  Weird.  The 50x Lvl 35 peeps just popped for me.  I'll keep chopping away....

I played for 1 hour and 20 mins to get bounty 35 at the MB to grind this out and nothing! Not one bounty showed up .... Look for a elevator going down to pop the secret area 

2 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

I played for 1 hour and 20 mins to get bounty 35 at the MB to grind this out and nothing! Not one bounty showed up .... Look for a elevator going down to pop the secret area 

Yep, just popped it!  Been melee'ing everything with no trophy.  To get the 35's, I went to the MG Military Base.  There are 35's in that area.  From everything else I did, it didn't take long.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Timmah200 said:

Yep, just popped it!  Been melee'ing everything with no trophy.  To get the 35's, I went to the MG Military Base.  There are 35's in that area.  From everything else I did, it didn't take long.

Not 35 in general ... I mean The bounty 35 to kill one hes never spawned once when I started to grind it out! for over 1 hour nothing its a nightmare lol

Just now, Titanomachy_75 said:

Not 35 in general ... I mean The bounty 35 to kill one hes never spawned once when I started to grind it out! for over 1 hour nothing its a nightmare lol

OH the bounty....yeah, I need that too.  I mean, every trophy on this DLC has been earned for PS5, so it's possible.  Probably glitchy.  I wonder if that last side mission is inside a building somewhere...I ran into that issue with the base game.  I need to complete "Unshackled."  And I still want to know how to get back to the base game lol.

41 minutes ago, n9rawy_5220 said:

The melee weapon you pick up from enemies do not count for the trophy. You need the rock hammer weapon you pick up from the chests around the DLC map.
I'm not sure about how you get back to the main game map.

Huh, that's weird.  To me, it shouldn't matter.  I believe I've sold the Rock Hammer already....I wonder if I can buy one in a store and it'll count.

A melee weapon is a melee weapon....either the trophy description is wrong or there is a massive bug.

I'll try this when I log in again.  Thank you!

EDIT: CONFIRMED!  The Rock Crusher worked for me.  Luckily, it was still in my inventory.  I hope this helps someone else!  Pretty BS if you ask me.  They need to fix that.

Edited by Timmah200
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Timmah200 said:

Huh, that's weird.  To me, it shouldn't matter.  I believe I've sold the Rock Hammer already....I wonder if I can buy one in a store and it'll count.

A melee weapon is a melee weapon....either the trophy description is wrong or there is a massive bug.

I'll try this when I log in again.  Thank you!

EDIT: CONFIRMED!  The Rock Crusher worked for me.  Luckily, it was still in my inventory.  I hope this helps someone else!  Pretty BS if you ask me.  They need to fix that.

unshackled I need also ..If you found out let me know thks? And if you found out about the bounty let me know aswell still wont spawn maybe different area not sure ?

18 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

unshackled I need also ..If you found out let me know thks? And if you found out about the bounty let me know aswell still wont spawn maybe different area not sure ?

I found the side quest....it's in the Canary Mech Factory, NE section, there's a big elevator.  As you are looking at the label of the Canary Mech Factory on the map, it's directly north of that label.  Hard to describe, but the icon should show up on your HUD as you get closer to it.  You'll go through a door on the upper level.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Timmah200 said:

I found the side quest....it's in the Canary Mech Factory, NE section, there's a big elevator.  As you are looking at the label of the Canary Mech Factory on the map, it's directly north of that label.  Hard to describe, but the icon should show up on your HUD as you get closer to it.  You'll go through a door on the upper level.

ok well done! Nice job indeed!! ;)

3 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

ok well done! Nice job indeed!! ;)

Oh, and it looks like there is a special train where you first arrived in the DLC to take you back to the original base game map....the Unshackled quest will lead you there.  You can't take a cab or the metro....it's weird.  They should at least mark that on the map for the player IMO.  It's at the far west of Harbour....one of those skinny dock-looking rectangles sticking out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Timmah200 said:

Oh, and it looks like there is a special train where you first arrived in the DLC to take you back to the original base game map....the Unshackled quest will lead you there.  You can't take a cab or the metro....it's weird.  They should at least mark that on the map for the player IMO.  It's at the far west of Harbour....one of those skinny dock-looking rectangles sticking out.

Awesome! Yes this DLC has been a train wreck!!! Awful placements!! Its like they just rushed it!! And I see the marker right now! lol thks alot!! 

2 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Awesome! Yes this DLC has been a train wreck!!! Awful placements!! Its like they just rushed it!! And I see the marker right now! lol thks alot!! 

No worries.  Let's keep an eye out for that 35 bounty.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MsVelvet said:

Ughh, reading through this thread makes this dlc sound more annoying than it should be. I'll get started on it this wk. Hopefully I will be done with it b4 aliens dlc drops. 

Its ok just bad design and placement for few things for just bad! Like that one side mission where the marker wont show up till you are near it urggg

37 minutes ago, Timmah200 said:

No worries.  Let's keep an eye out for that 35 bounty.

all done now just bounty 35! Cant still get it to spawn?

I just got the Lvl 35 Bounty Trophy!  It'll sync with my PSN Profile page soon.  Check out this reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/theascent/comments/wrpyot/any_ideas_where_to_find_bounty_lvl_35/

I didn't try the Mech Factory method; down the page a bit, someone says they kept loading into the MG Military Base until the bounty showed up.  This will be a level 35 every time.

You have to keep moving between Harbour (or any other zone) and the Military Base.  The mobs will be orange.  Just walk forward a bit until you see the bounty symbol on your map (it's a hexagon I think?) and when it shows up, all you have to do is kill him and the trophy will pop.

Hope this helps.

EDIT 2: Figured out how to change the title...

Edited by Timmah200

19 hours ago, Timmah200 said:

I just got the Lvl 35 Bounty Trophy!  It'll sync with my PSN Profile page soon.  Check out this reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/theascent/comments/wrpyot/any_ideas_where_to_find_bounty_lvl_35/

I didn't try the Mech Factory method; down the page a bit, someone says they kept loading into the MG Military Base until the bounty showed up.  This will be a level 35 every time.

You have to keep moving between Harbour (or any other zone) and the Military Base.  The mobs will be orange.  Just walk forward a bit until you see the bounty symbol on your map (it's a hexagon I think?) and when it shows up, all you have to do is kill him and the trophy will pop.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Mods, if you see this, feel free to edit my thread title because this turned into a DLC discussion instead of just trying to exit the zone LOL.  I don't think I can change it...

Been trying the mech area ..Going on 39 mins and nothing 

The mech factory?  Yeah, that is the method I didn't try, so I can't confirm whether or not that'll work.

I loaded into the MG Military Base for about 30 minutes before the bounty popped up for me.  It's RNG whether or not it'll appear there.  You have to actually move between the Harbour and the MG Military Base to get the zone to refresh.

The other idea I heard being discussed was moving into NG+.  Again, I cannot confirm that works.

2 hours ago, Timmah200 said:

The mech factory?  Yeah, that is the method I didn't try, so I can't confirm whether or not that'll work.

I loaded into the MG Military Base for about 30 minutes before the bounty popped up for me.  It's RNG whether or not it'll appear there.  You have to actually move between the Harbour and the MG Military Base to get the zone to refresh.

The other idea I heard being discussed was moving into NG+.  Again, I cannot confirm that works.

So if I travel to the MB and dont see anything I should travel back to the harbour and keep doing it till it appears?

Update - I tried again and it appeared the first time I went back to the MB LOL I played for over 2 hours nothing!!! First time now it shows up .. Glad to get this over with lol thks for the help 

Edited by Titanomachy_75

22 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

So if I travel to the MB and dont see anything I should travel back to the harbour and keep doing it till it appears?

Update - I tried again and it appeared the first time I went back to the MB LOL I played for over 2 hours nothing!!! First time now it shows up .. Glad to get this over with lol thks for the help 

You bet.  Yeah, it's called the MG Military Base.  From the taxi menu, you can just travel to the same zone you're in over and over, but it does NOT refresh the area.  You have to travel out of the zone to somewhere else and then back again.  So I just went MG Military Base ---> Harbour --->MG Military Base until I saw the elite icon on my mini map.  Luckily, the mobs are orange and won't bother you until you engage, so it makes it easy to check.

Edited by Timmah200

4 hours ago, Timmah200 said:

You bet.  Yeah, it's called the MG Military Base.  From the taxi menu, you can just travel to the same zone you're in over and over, but it does NOT refresh the area.  You have to travel out of the zone to somewhere else and then back again.  So I just went MG Military Base ---> Harbour --->MG Military Base until I saw the elite icon on my mini map.  Luckily, the mobs are orange and won't bother you until you engage, so it makes it easy to check.

yeah so true :)