Who else despises cauldrons?

Lord_Raiden

I love the cauldrons, I wish they were harder. 

Your tv must be setup to make it look darker than it is, you may want to try adjusting the brightness/blacklight levels on the tv and in-game.

Since they are a functional thing built by the machines, they would tend to look exactly the same, as no one was supposed to enter them nor care what their layout and appearance were. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I should have gotten the trophy for the first cauldron. I didn’t. What a great f-ing start! Does that mean I have to start over? I am not in love with the game. It is decent at best. But trophy related glitches are the worst.

I bought the game for PS4 because I didn’t think I would get a PS5. (But my two best friends gave me one for my birthday this year.) And now I play the PS4 version on a PS5 because I don’t want to start over with a second trophy list.

Addition: Another trophy (upgrade all your pouches at least once) didn’t pop as well. :(

24 minutes ago, scoreaddict said:

Well, I should have gotten the trophy for the first cauldron. I didn’t. What a great f-ing start! Does that mean I have to start over? I am not in love with the game. It is decent at best. But trophy related glitches are the worst.

I bought the game for PS4 because I didn’t think I would get a PS5. (But my two best friends gave me one for my birthday this year.) And now I play the PS4 version on a PS5 because I don’t want to start over with a second trophy list.

Addition: Another trophy (upgrade all your pouches at least once) didn’t pop as well. :(

No, you don't need to start over, the first one doesn't count for some reason it was the same for me. It popped on the second cauldron I completed.

Not only those cauldrons were poorly designed, but also the underground areas. I was looking for an item somewhere deep underground (where you drained the water to get the elevator working) and I couldn't make it out because the waypoint marker was so confusing and map was beyond trash to understand. Otherwise, everything else was perfect.

• Like 1

Despise is a bit of a strong word. I didn't enjoy them particularly but I wouldn't say I despised them either. The kind of busy-work, trivial activity you come to expect out of a modern open-world game. It would've been cool if there were actual puzzles you had to solve to progress through the cauldrons instead they're more of just these linear parkouring paths where the game essentially shows you the exact path you need to take while throwing in some combat sequences here and there. 

It would've been fine if the parkouring was good but really I recall the cauldrons mostly just highlighting everything wrong with the parkouring and it ends up just being more of a frustrating experience than being actually fun or anything that enhances the game in any way. I dreaded every time I entered one of the things because I knew what was coming was likely some cheap falls and deaths that would result in unnecessary re-do's of gameplay I didn't enjoy doing the first time to begin with. 

• Like 2

On 8.10.2022 at 9:13 PM, JAK-KRIEG said:

No, you don't need to start over, the first one doesn't count for some reason it was the same for me. It popped on the second cauldron I completed.

That is fantastic news! I have done 2 story related and they don’t seem to count. But you gave me hope. Thanks for sharing your experience.

1 hour ago, scoreaddict said:

That is fantastic news! I have done 2 story related and they don’t seem to count. But you gave me hope. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I don't think any trophy is bugged. And you're welcome.

• 4 months later...

Even though the cauldrons are large areas, I feel like the platforming in general in this game is claustrophobic. You are constantly looking around for the climbing points or objects to interact with. Plus you will often miss jumps that are the correct jump that you simply don't pull off properly. I actually just finished Kappa, which is supposed to be the hardest cauldron but had no issues, so I think I've just learned what to look for. 

With that being said, "Players should head to the accessibility tab in settings after pressing the Start button. From there, scroll to the bottom and make sure that Climbing Annotations are always turned on." Best advise in the game.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

HZD was more fun.

HFW just feels like it was made bigger and more complicate to be more bigger and complicate and not to be more fun and enjoable.

Everything feels like work and not fun, wich sucks as i totally loved the first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nimrod2009US said:

HZD was more fun.

HFW just feels like it was made bigger and more complicate to be more bigger and complicate and not to be more fun and enjoable.

Everything feels like work and not fun, wich sucks as i totally loved the first.

I totally agree with that, although I don't mind the cauldrons but when did it become so glaringly obvious that there is way too much "hand holding"  in games these days? I am really looking forward to playing the Tomb Raider Remasters, tile based puzzle platforming with shooting that didn't have Lara telling you where to go every 2 mins , she wasn't hinting every couple of mins to tell you where to go you had to work it out yourself, in fact the music would tell you if you were doing something right or if there was danger ahead, yep the soundtrack "talked" rather than Lara.  

On 9/28/2022 at 10:42 PM, RayShuttlesworth said:

I was not a big fan of them in the first game. They all seemed boring and a bit too claustrophobic for me. However, I do like how each cauldron in this game was different and more memorable overall. 

This exactly! While I wasn't a fan of them in the initial game, in HFW, I see them as some of the most impressive evolutions. Less of them, more unique, more fun, and as you said, more memorable.

3 hours ago, nimrod2009US said:

HZD was more fun.

I found everything in terms of gameplay mechanics, world, etc., in the HFW more fun.

• Like 1

I despise the cauldrons. Which is weird because in theory I should love them, but I absolutely 100% do not. All I felt was dread and that I was wasting my time. The game has a beautiful outdoor world, why would I want to go inside a cramped, mechanical looking mess of an area just so I can poke other types of robo-bums?

• Like 1