The Last of Us - HBOMax

LastMinuteSavior

It's crazy how much Pedro sounds like Troy Baker in this (admittedly) short clip. 

As with all video game adaptations, I am remaining cautious until I see the final product for myself, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't massively hyped for this. Everything about it just seems to be lining up perfectly. It really seems like they're putting the utmost love and attention into making something truly great. This could be a real turning point for video game adaptations and I can't wait to see what they've made. 

Edited by The Alchemist
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, this is going to be amazing.  So glad HBO were the ones to pick this up.

I don’t love the casting of Ellie either but I’ll adapt.  I was not as fond of the actress in Game of Thrones as most were - yes, her character was a badass with awesome dialogue, it wasn’t so much the actual acting.

• Like 1

Even though the milking of this franchise has become somewhat disgraceful to me and I still don't see a reason for why they remade part 1 when they also made this tv series - I'll give this adaption a chance. Hope they can deliver, but I'm not expecting to much. On a side note: why are they using take on me in tthe trailer? yes I do know the importance of this song in part 2, but why using it here? Isn't this series only about the part 1 events?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Even though the milking of this franchise has become somewhat disgraceful to me and I still don't see a reason for why they remade part 1 when they also made this tv series - I'll give this adaption a chance. Hope they can deliver, but I'm not expecting to much. On a side note: why are they using take on me in tthe trailer? yes I do know the importance of this song in part 2, but why using it here? Isn't this series only about the part 1 events?

It kinda stuck out to me too, the Take on Me song I mean. Seems weird and out of place a bit. Maybe they will mix and match more than we think they will and there will be parts of TLOU2 story woven into the series, or maybe someone will have fun with a golf club in the final episode. Or the first one, that could be fun actually - starting the whole story on the golf course. I assume the show will somehow connect to part 2, even if it ends up being an adaptation of part 1 exclusively. 

I'll probably be disappointed, but I am curious. 

On 12/3/2022 at 7:13 PM, djb5f said:

Yes, this is going to be amazing.  So glad HBO were the ones to pick this up.

I don’t love the casting of Ellie either but I’ll adapt.  I was not as fond of the actress in Game of Thrones as most were - yes, her character was a badass with awesome dialogue, it wasn’t so much the actual acting.

Neither do I, although I was a fan of Lady Mormont as a character and the actress that played her. I feel she already played the petulant child type and no-name actress would have been more fitting. I know HBO likes to use the same actors/actresses though...I see a lot repeat visitors on screen.

Even though I don't see the innocent Ellie we meet at the start of Part 1 in Bella Ramsey, I'm glad they chose an actress that seems capable of handling the trauma and transformation that the character goes through when she crosses paths with David.

But what's even more important to see is if she and Pedro Pascal work well together.

Leads usually audition together to test their chemistry. I imagine there's a reason why these two were cast.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...