Websites for Finding Similar Games

Wagszilla

I found a website awhile ago that generated a list of games that were like other games, ie, Ruiner is similar to Hotline Miami, Jydge, Neon Chrome, My Name Is Pedro etc. etc. You’d choose a game or genre and it’d spit out a big list of similar games. Sadly, I did not seem to bookmark it.

Its similar to the website SteamPeak but for console games.

Anybody know what this website is? If not, do you use any other websites like this?

Edited by Wagszilla

There is https://www.50gameslike.com.

It's shite, and doesn't really do what it's supposed to do most of the time...

... but every now and then 1 or 2 of the 50 games it serves you up might be close enough to the game you input to be worth a look.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

... but every now and then 1 or 2 of the 50 games it serves you up might be close enough to the game you input to be worth a look.

I just tried that site and you're right, it's garbage. I looked up 3 random games and virtually none of the recommendations bore even the slightest resemblance to what I was looking for ?.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That’s what it was! Thanks for finding it for me, it was driving me buggy.

I’ve probably found all the games I’m interested in playing since coming back to gaming a couple years ago but I’m sure I’ll consult it down the line. Thanks again. 

• Like 1

Just now, HuntingFever said:

I just tried that site and you're right, it's garbage. I looked up 3 random games and virtually none of the recommendations bore even the slightest resemblance to what I was looking for 1f635.png.

Yup ?

It tries to do it algorithmically I think, and so it doesn't work, as it only looks at very specific broad factors, but has no concept of what actually makes games have the signature they do.

Case in point:

Screenshot-2022-08-22-at-11-04-08.png

A98242-C0-AAC7-47-EE-AD95-5-DA0-E903-D25

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I just tried that site and you're right, it's garbage. I looked up 3 random games and virtually none of the recommendations bore even the slightest resemblance to what I was looking for 1f635.png.

I guess it depends on what you search for. The matches for Silent Hill 2 were pretty decent.