Backing up Copyright protected save data

Wdjat Prinny Doods

Are you worried about YLOD before you unlock the SO4 plat :P.

Seriously though if you have + then cloud saving is the best way to go

Lol nah, I was asking for a friend of mine who doesn't have plus. He is going to be staying with a friend out of state for a while and wanted to take his Sleeping Dogs data with him and use his friends ps3 instead of bringing his own so he will have less to pack. The data is copyright protected though so that's why I was seeing if there was another method for him

I dont think there is any other way tbh, Ive tried to do it with need for speed undercover in which was copy protected. As i used to save my game data file on to my pc so i could delete the saves and game data if i needed the room, and also if i had the YLOD which rendered the system useless.

I suppose your mate could buy 2 months of ps+ or however much time he was away for and do it that way.

Edited by DJ_MOUSEY

It's amusing how many people are suggesting to just use a USB stick.

In case your PS3 is on the verge of dying you can actually transfer your copy protected files to another PS3 using a crossover cable. Still the easiest way is cloud save via PSN+.

If your friend doesn't want to sub on PSN+ he can like the Playstation page on his facebook and he'll get a free trial

Edited by Goekie
  • Like 1

Well, I'm too late to tell you that cloud is the only way that I know of to back up copyright protected sales. Since we're on the subject, what purpose do copyright protected saves serve? I know that I accidentally hit a blacksmith in Dark Souls and had to wait 24 hours to be able to use my back up. Seems like unneeded hassle just for the sake of being a hassle to me.

Edit: Mine and the previous poster's opening sentence were almost identical, so i deleted it. :P

Edited by Rowdi

It's amusing how many people are suggesting to just use a USB stick.

In case your PS3 is on the verge of dying you can actually transfer your copy protected files to another PS3 using a crossover cable. Still the easiest way is cloud save via PSN+.

If your friend doesn't want to sub on PSN+ he can like the Playstation page on his facebook and he'll get a free trial

Ok cool, Ill let him know. Thanks for the info.

Well, I'm too late to tell you that cloud is the only way that I know of to back up copyright protected sales. Since we're on the subject, what purpose do copyright protected saves serve? I know that I accidentally hit a blacksmith in Dark Souls and had to wait 24 hours to be able to use my back up. Seems like unneeded hassle just for the sake of being a hassle to me.

Edit: Mine and the previous poster's opening sentence were almost identical, so i deleted it. :P

Ive wondered the same thing, never understood the purpose of protected saves either.

I'm just taking a wild guess here but perhaps to prevent people from selling their save files? Some people made good money playing WoW and Diablo by selling their account.

I've seen 100% Gran Turismo save games for sale on Ebay. Gamers are lazy in these modern times, look at GTA's sharkcards.

Do we have any idea just how long he's going to be away?

I have a 7-day trial of PS+ that I certainly don't mind giving away.

Gonna be gone for 2 weeks but he only needs it to take the data with him, he will definitely be done while he is gone so 7 days will definitely be enough time if you really dont mind.

I'm just taking a wild guess here but perhaps to prevent people from selling their save files? Some people made good money playing WoW and Diablo by selling their account.

I've seen 100% Gran Turismo save games for sale on Ebay. Gamers are lazy in these modern times, look at GTA's sharkcards.

Wow had no idea people did this. That is sad smh

Saves are protected to insure security. Many games can/could be altered by editing the save file.

That makes sense. I guess it's a small inconvenience to keep hackers from ruining the mp experience. It's still a pain.

I was hoping that DkS2 might not have the copyright protected saves. I guess I can forget that.