6.2 Trophies

PostGameBlues

Bronze: MSQ trophy

Bronze: Achieve sanctuary rank 10 in your Island Sanctuary

Bronze: Clear Pandaemonium: Abyssos

Silver: Clear Pandaemonium: Abyssos (Savage)

Silver: New EX trial

+

3 unreleased Bronze trophies

Personally I'm really looking forward to the Island Sanctuary this patch. The trophy for it can take weeks probably, given how building structures can take real-time hours according to the live letter. Could be a really grindy trophy but honestly I'm here for it. When I'm not raiding with my group I'll be chilling in my island lol. 

Speaking of unreleased trophies, what do you guys think they will be? Personally, I think the trophies are for clearing the Criterion dungeon, Variant dungeon and Variant dungeon (Savage) or a trophy for the relic weapon's first step, all of which comes out in 6.25.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Jimswift said:

It might be beast tribe cuz it gives the 0/7 number. So enough to get the mount for it I guess, but I could be wrong.

Oh right I totally forgot we're getting a new tribe on 6.25 as well. Kinda odd though that the Arkasodara tribe didn't get a trophy for it in 6.15. Since it has that 0/7 counter it has to be it.

25 minutes ago, FireMage777 said:

Very much doubt relics, given that since HW each individual relic has been its own achievement. Going to suck seeing this at sub 100% for another 2ish months

Yeah, so it will probably be a trophy for the new tribe, then clearing the criterion dungeon then the variant dungeon (savage) or could be just the variant dungeon as it is. I feel like the savage version of the variant dungeon should be silver as well. If EX gets a silver trophy I feel like it should too lol

Concerning Island Sanctuary, I screwed up and bought the chestpiece in exchange for 3000 of the blue shells. Don't. As I later discovered, you need the blue shells to upgrade things like your island farm or farm field, and earning them through crafted products takes forever. I just finished my first island potion after four real time hours and got 22 blue shells. I need 1000. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Brabantgamer777 said:

Concerning Island Sanctuary, I screwed up and bought the chestpiece in exchange for 3000 of the blue shells. Don't. As I later discovered, you need the blue shells to upgrade things like your island farm or farm field, and earning them through crafted products takes forever. I just finished my first island potion after four real time hours and got 22 blue shells. I need 1000. 

Yeah I pretty much actively avoided the vendor since I knew from the live letter that upgrading the base will cost island currencies. Try to pay attention to the market trends. Go for high popularity low supply. Demand Shift is something to consider with handicrafts/products that take a lot of time (6-8 hrs of production). Predicted Demand I honestly don't know how accurate it is lol. Right now I have about 2k ish blue currency after purchasing all upgrades and buildings available at Rank 6 just by playing along with the market trends.

So far the only thing I hate about Island Sanctuary is the fact that farm animals and (possibly) crops will yield only 1 of each item. Considering it takes hoursss for the animals to drop materials, only getting 1 of that material from them is really lame. I hope the crops yield more than 1 produce per column of seeds considering that it might take day(s) for them to be harvest-ready (my crops are still nowhere near the final growth stage...).

Also I guess I feel really meh about the exp gain. There's really no consistent way to farm exp in the island other than just clicking away at gathering points. Considering I need 23k to reach Rank 7, thats like 2300 clicks given that each gathering point is only 10 exp lmao. You get a couple hundred exp from finishing upgrades and I think (?) from successfully selling products but that's almost once every blue moon lol.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Yeah I pretty much actively avoided the vendor since I knew from the live letter that upgrading the base will cost island currencies. Try to pay attention to the market trends. Go for high popularity low supply. Demand Shift is something to consider with handicrafts/products that take a lot of time (6-8 hrs of production). Predicted Demand I honestly don't know how accurate it is lol. Right now I have about 2k ish blue currency after purchasing all upgrades and buildings available at Rank 6 just by playing along with the market trends.

So far the only thing I hate about Island Sanctuary is the fact that farm animals and (possibly) crops will yield only 1 of each item. Considering it takes hoursss for the animals to drop materials, only getting 1 of that material from them is really lame. I hope the crops yield more than 1 produce per column of seeds considering that it might take day(s) for them to be harvest-ready (my crops are still nowhere near the final growth stage...).

Also I guess I feel really meh about the exp gain. There's really no consistent way to farm exp in the island other than just clicking away at gathering points. Considering I need 23k to reach Rank 7, thats like 2300 clicks given that each gathering point is only 10 exp lmao. You get a couple hundred exp from finishing upgrades and I think (?) from successfully selling products but that's almost once every blue moon lol.

You can earn earn exp fast by farming materials and reconstructing the Landmarks (no time required), that how people got to Rank 8+ day 1

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Skateryoshi said:

Trying to keep 100% with the trophies in this game is starting to get exhausting now. I kind of wish they would chill out lol. Like pls I want to play other games haha. 

Reading this, and Knowing Yoshi-P doesnt like trophies. Ironic. 

Edited by VER7UZ-

4 hours ago, oYazmat said:

I see why none of the trophies are Gold... you spend months on a trophy like Triple Triad and you get a Bronze... You do one of the most difficult fight in any game and you get a Silver...

What? None of the fights the game asks you to do for trophies are hard. If they put a trophy for DSR there, then yea, good luck to most. I was in a group that progged that for like 3 months before we gave up, we reached third phase which seems to be most people's wall, but I have seen groups that couldn't get past the door boss.

1 hour ago, Tentativeuser said:

With all respect, I think you might be overestimating the difficulty of DSR. As someone who has cleared and farmed the fight, prog only took us a few weeks on a relatively casual schedule. The door boss in particular is certainly not harder than Savage and should only take a few pulls at most. In another thread, you've mentioned that you've found the Sanctity of the Ward mechanic unfair because the movement is very tight if you get a specific meteor pattern. However, the solution to this is incredibly simple, which is to have the role with the meteor rotate 90 degrees so that the meteors begin east/west instead. Based on how the mechanic works, it is an entirely foolproof method and likely what Square Enix intended when they designed this mechanic.

The point that I am making is that difficulty in this game is relative and varies widely based on the group/player's experience and mechanical awareness.  I'm sure you've been in PF groups where certain players struggled with mechanics that you've found easy. Considering most of the playerbase does not attempt raid content, I can definitely understand if many players struggle with Savage or Extreme mechanics. Likewise, an experienced group should have no problem clearing any of the Ultimates within a reasonable timeframe.

I think I have heard of the workaround you mentioned here, but next to no Chaos group does it, it’s just bad pattern? Wipe time mentality here, which honestly, I have to agree that I hate it myself, I would rather people actually research past week one strats, like the group I was with on it, we were struggling on Nidhogg a lot because half kept overcomplicating a mechanic, I had tried to shown them there was an easier method to it, but yea, wouldn’t listen. :> Same time, I’m not moving back to JP just to clear this fight (don’t even know if JP servers do this mechanic any differently either), my group had a bit of a reform so maybe we will give it another go in some time.

PF on Chaos isn’t too bad, I progged and killed UWU on it within a few days recently with most groups being consistent on mechanics. But other than that, I mainly play with my static/friends in the game, I helped teach people who didn’t want to touch Savage fights at all, they realised they were not as hard as people make them out to be. Not saying the fights are easy, but definitely not hard, P4S is easily done by anyone within a week given enough practice, I even recently helped a friend through that who runs at 7FPS, they played perfectly and didn’t die to a thing.

Just saying, nothing that the trophies request people being able to do is far out of reach from anyone who wants to put a bit of effort into it. Even if it takes them a bit longer to get the final floor done on a savage? It’s still doable, it’s not that the trophies are requesting it to be done in a certain timeframe either, they could even wait patches/expansions to get it done. Until they put a trophy in requesting a clear of an Ultimate, nothing on this list is that difficult.

Edited by DEMON

13 hours ago, DEMON said:

I think I have heard of the workaround you mentioned here, but next to no Chaos group does it, it’s just bad pattern? Wipe time mentality here, which honestly, I have to agree that I hate it myself, I would rather people actually research past week one strats, like the group I was with on it, we were struggling on Nidhogg a lot because half kept overcomplicating a mechanic, I had tried to shown them there was an easier method to it, but yea, wouldn’t listen. :> Same time, I’m not moving back to JP just to clear this fight (don’t even know if JP servers do this mechanic any differently either), my group had a bit of a reform so maybe we will give it another go in some time.

PF on Chaos isn’t too bad, I progged and killed UWU on it within a few days recently with most groups being consistent on mechanics. But other than that, I mainly play with my static/friends in the game, I helped teach people who didn’t want to touch Savage fights at all, they realised they were not as hard as people make them out to be. Not saying the fights are easy, but definitely not hard, P4S is easily done by anyone within a week given enough practice, I even recently helped a friend through that who runs at 7FPS, they played perfectly and didn’t die to a thing.

Just saying, nothing that the trophies request people being able to do is far out of reach from anyone who wants to put a bit of effort into it. Even if it takes them a bit longer to get the final floor done on a savage? It’s still doable, it’s not that the trophies are requesting it to be done in a certain timeframe either, they could even wait patches/expansions to get it done. Until they put a trophy in requesting a clear of an Ultimate, nothing on this list is that difficult.

You are not the sole arbiter of what is considered "difficult" content. Difficulty is always going to be subjective and oYazmat's opinion is the prevailing view for a reason. What you said about P4S is exactly how I feel about DSR, as I have some more casual friends who have cleared it as their first Ultimate. I also personally believe that anyone who can comfortably clear Savage can also clear any Ultimate. With that said, I will not claim that any of this content is not challenging for the vast majority of the playerbase. There are many people who have trouble visualizing or reacting to certain mechanics in this game, which is why even Extreme clear/farming groups often fail. For those players, Savage might be far more difficult than you might think, though I will concede that it gets easier with time and gear.

Furthermore, Asphodelos vs DSR is probably the most extreme example because you're going from the second easiest Savage tier in the history of this game to arguably the hardest Ultimate. By design, the first raid tier in the expansion is always tuned to be easier in order to accommodate new players, so the difference between Savage and Ultimate is that much more drastic. On the other end of the spectrum, you have UWU (by far the easiest Ultimate and is effectively three Extremes in a trenchcoat) vs Alphascape, which was not so clear cut. I did both of them blind on release and actually thought that Alphascape was more challenging to prog through. It remains to be seen, but if P8S makes the same jump that E8S/O8S did then we should expect a drop in on-patch clear rates. 

Edited by Tentativeuser
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, spieleruber222 said:

do u need to do story for trial?

Yes, do story up until you get and clear the trial normal mode, then you can go talk to Yoshi P in Old Shar. to unlock the EX.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 1