(EVENT) DIDN'T HALF-ASS IT! A DLC EVENT - 2022 (Completed)

Total stacks: 28

First few days of my holiday and i already cleared some good amount of dlc stacks.

Outer Wilds:
Like the main game the DLC part look overwhelming at first but after getting the hang out of this new place it seems really small after you saw all main locations. Normally i dont play those kind of games but after a First sceptic start i really enjoyed the Exploration in the game. There is a timeloop in the game after 22 minutes which is unique and really helped to increase my Exploration urge for the Planets. The planets and areas will change through those 22 minutes and leave you with some new open options to explore again within the same loop.

Echoes of the Eye 1:
The stranger is a great new Region in the game with a lot of riddles in the beginning. During the DLC and countless loops you getting more and more information what happened on the Station. There are some Tricky trophies in here like riding the wave for 15 seconds but i managed to get through it after some tries. If you never played the game i can really recommend it. You can try it out since it take a while until you Pop a trophy and decide for yourself if it's something you like or not.

Echoes of the Eye 2:
Again, not sure why it is a different stack of dlc trophies but they were pretty straight forward. It can take a long time until you understand how to get to the places were you need to go for those trophies and without a good guide but the Exploration was the experience here again.

Cuphead:

The Delicious Last Course 1:
I love it! This is such a good DLC. It was worth the wait and the new bosses are realpy nicely designed. The hardest by far Was the S-Rank trophy which took me some time. I cant recommend the game enough if you are in for realy good designed bosses and if you are up for a challenge

The Delicious Last Course 2:
For this stack you need to defead a secret Boss on the new island and kill 8 bosses with only 1 HP. Since it doesnt matter which bosses you kill it is manageable and shouldnt take you too long if you have the platin already.

Deathloop:

Golden Loop Update:
With the Release for Xbox we also got a free DLC Update for the game. Nothing really big and the trophies can be done in 1-2 hours of gameplay. They put in a new Power of the collector and some new weapons / trinkets. Not really much if you already platted the game. The game was great to play but to come back for 4 more trophies without much new Features was not really worth it. I guess it is at least a free update and it is nice for everyone who wants to play the game on PS+ Extra. So try it out yourself, again like outer wilds it has a loop mechanic and it is really nice to get all those information what happen where on the Island to kill the big targets all in one loop.

Monster Sanctuary:

Forgotten World:
Again a free upgrade from the game which add an additional Region to the game were no tamer gone before. It is a nice addition and a small story addon for the game. The end Sounds more like that there will be an additional DLC because of a Cliffhanger or the announcement of a second game following to this one. If you already platted the game you shouldnt have a problem with the content ahead. I was able to go through it with my existing Team without a problem.

Returnal:

Returnal: Ascension:
It was great to come back to this title. They added the free dlc to the game which is a endless Tower with more classy rogue like elements. Levels with enemies, levels to choose an enhancement / health / new weapon or a Boss after every 20 levels. I like the pace of it and it was challenging. I needed to approach the last Boss multiple times because some levels were just crowded with enemies.

Lost Judgement:

Detective Essential Pack:
To be honest, i thought that DLC would be really boring, but they did a great job with the New side stories around the dating. It wasnt as grindy as the main game part of the one girl and the stories make me laught. The hardest part was to get the DLC working. I needed to activate it at the dlc Box in my agency and nowhere in the Internet it was mention that you need to Do that. So i wasted 30 minutes trying to figure out how to start dating the new girls.

The Kaito Files:
One of the best dlcs i played by far. I had my doubt that Kaito would be up for an own story but i was wrong. The story was top notch again and gives you the same quality like the main game. I was pleased to see the bruiser fight Style again. If you like Yakuza games this DLC is worth it and a great addition for this universe.

Edited by Inuty
  • Like 3

I finally have my first point on the board with TOEM's Basto update. As one of the (very) few people who played the game before its PS+ debut, it was nice to go back to the game after some time. Less nice was the save corruption glitch that hit halfway through, forcing me to start the whole game over from scratch. At least it only took about 45 minutes to get back to the DLC area.

• Like 4

L0b0135.png

Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero - Pirate Queen's Quest

The first of three DLC packs for this game.* These DLC's don't add any new levels but rather add new characters or costumes with completely different play styles. They do change up the enemies and some minor platforming in the levels to accommodate the new move sets. This DLC can be done in one playthrough, but its easier to do in two if you want to actually read the dialog on your first. First play through was a 100% run under 2 hours. Second was an any % run under 1 hour 30 minutes. It's not particularly difficult to do.

I will not be doing the other DLC right now though. The Friends the End pack will take 1 or 2 playthroughs. And the Costume Pack will take 3 to 6 playthroughs. so 4 to 8 more playthroughs of every level. That's just too much since I've already done the main game twice and the first DLC twice. Need to take a break between each mode.

*There is technically 5 but the other 2 were free updates with no trophies. Slumber Party and Hardcore Mode.

Total DLC cleared: 14

All Cleared DLC:

Hide contents

Minecraft PS3 [10]

-- Expansion Pack 1

-- Expansion Pack 2

-- Expansion Pack 3

-- Expansion Pack 4

-- Expansion Pack 5 (Battle Minigame)

-- Expansion Pack 6

-- Expansion Pack 7

-- Expansion Pack 8 (Tumble Minigame)

-- Expansion Pack 9

-- Expansion Pack 10

Bugsnax PS4 [1]

-- The Isle of BIGsnax

The Playroom [2]

-- AR Studio

-- Toy Maker

Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero Vita [1]

-- Pirate Queen's Quest

• Like 3

Second DLC done, with Terraria's Labor of Love update! Also known as the nth semi-annual "this is definitely totally 100% the last update we'll ever release" update. Like the last few, this one added a handful of miscellaneous trophies, but unlike the last few, these ones are all trivial and can be gotten within half an hour of starting a new game. When DLC trophies are being added 9 years after the game's release, easy is very welcome.

• Like 3

Had to rush a few DLC completions to make the deadline for the TrueTrophies medal, so I did the first two of the three DLCs for Black Clover: Quartet Knights. I'll do the last one sometime later during the event.

1. Burnout Paradise: Remastered - Party Pack

2. Black Clover: Quartet Knights - Blue DLC

3. Black Clover: Quartet Knights - Wizard King DLC

• Like 3

Total stacks: 35

Ghostrunner:

Project_HEL:
Like the maingame the dlc were challenging. A complete different moveset you need to get used too of Hel. Otherwise fast pace gameplay and great music to solve the best way to kill the enemies. I like the speed in the game and the Boss Fights are nicely done. Hardest thing Was not dying in level one. I hate the beginning sequence, it takes ages to start the level..

Saints Row IV: Re-Elected:

Enter the Dominatrix:
Its the same Saints Row madness like in the Main game. Again it should be some kind of movie idea and the saints talking about their thoughts during the creation of the movie. You are in a steelport simulation and after killing the aliens a new enemy rises. A Domina in the simulation were the Name Dominatrix is Born from. I really loved the references to other known franchises like game of thrones. The whole game was filled with references which was really funny.

How the Saints save Christmas:
Well... aliens abducted Santq Claus and he sas driven evil and is now... Santa Clawz. The Main Protagonist is not really liking christmas at all, but to save the World he needs to save Santa before he becomes Clawz. Some few activities are added too, but nothing really difficult.

Assassins Creed: Valhalla:

Tombs of the Fallen: Buried Knowledge:
I thought i will be finish until the last dlc will arrive with the last quests end of the year, but Ubisoft wanted to finish the story of the tombs of the Fallen. Again they add 3 more tombs to explore and to solve the riddles. At the end you will receive a new equipment piece and a story end that didnt answer any questions to be honest.

Maneater:

Truth Quest:
I played the DLC with my wife. She loves the game for its Humor and the gameplay and it was just more of the mechanics and activities like the main game. The Leviathan battle was really tricky.

Disco Elysium:

Jamais Vu:
Coming back to the game i just remember how good this adventure was with all the Humor and and the messed up story and characters. If you like some good visual Text adventure i can highly recommend it. You are a cop who Was so drunk that He forgot  everything and there are some hilarious Situation with people who excatly know what you did the last couple of days. The Main Story is about a Murder and you need to find out what happend in the City and with yourself. I was glad that my saves are still there because with them it only took me some hours to finish up the dlc trophies. Some of them are again really good and made me laugh.

Tails of Iron:

Bloody Whisker:
Bloody hell that was the hardest DLC so far i finished. The difficulty Bloody Whisker is no joke in the game. I started on this difficulty and i finished everything on it. You are nearly always a two hit im the beginning for everything so every mistake could lead to your death here. After mid game the game is a bit morw forgiving and you are able to withstand 3-4 Hits. Other then that this is one hell of a game. Nice Art Style and the voice acting is great.

Edited by Inuty
  • Like 4

Finally on the board! 

L757bb9.png

Batman: Arkham City
Nightwing DLC

It's a shame I did all of the other DLCs to this a few months ago, since they could have helped out a lot for this! Had to stop to focus on some shutdowns in the meantime, but I finally wrapped up the last one so I can go back to what I was doing before. The Nightwing DLC is okay. Nightwing is fun to play and all, certainly more so than Catwoman, but the fact that he has no voice lines brings the whole experience down some for me. He wasn't even in the Harley Quinn DLC either. Oh well, glad I'm finally done with all those Riddler challenges at least.

I have several more in mind for this even after I wrap up the Arkham City plat. Excited to finally get to it!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Finally on the board! 

L757bb9.png

Batman: Arkham City
Nightwing DLC

It's a shame I did all of the other DLCs to this a few months ago, since they could have helped out a lot for this! Had to stop to focus on some shutdowns in the meantime, but I finally wrapped up the last one so I can go back to what I was doing before. The Nightwing DLC is okay. Nightwing is fun to play and all, certainly more so than Catwoman, but the fact that he has no voice lines brings the whole experience down some for me. He wasn't even in the Harley Quinn DLC either. Oh well, glad I'm finally done with all those Riddler challenges at least.

I have several more in mind for this even after I wrap up the Arkham City plat. Excited to finally get to it!

Damn those DLCs are open for ne since ages. I should also go to them but those challenges in City are for me the tedious in all Batman games, not sure why. Good job you did them all!

I guess that I can drop another update..

Got a DLC done on One Piece World Seeker while working on the platinum for the Gaming By Numbers event and just finished Dirt 5 to 100%.

Dirt 5 really didn't felt like Dirt to me... way to different and in my book, just as bad or even worse than Dirt Showdown...

I will keep my target on 10 DLC, and that should be easy, since I plan to 100% One Piece World Seeker somewhat soon, and with that will bump me to 9 DLC completed.. but for now, 6 are completed..

The list:

6 of X done:

Gems of War - The Legends Reborn Update ✔️

One Piece: World Seeker - Boss Rush ✔️

Dirt 5 - Energy ✔️

Dirt 5 - Uproar ✔️

Dirt 5 - Super Size ✔️

Dirt 5 - Wild Spirits ✔️

• Like 4

Ld5286d.png

Layers of Fear: Inheritance

A pretty good epilogue to the main story where you play as the daughter of the main stories protagonist. You return to the house to face your dark past and either accept or deny your 'inheritance' for better or worse. It's about an hour long but it's got multiple endings so you have to do at least two playthroughs. But it actually took me six or seven playthroughs because I could not for the life of me get the third ending or the read all notes trophies to trigger. It was incredibly annoying following multiple different guides to try and pop those two trophies only to have them not work. Got them in the end but good grief I was not expecting to spend an entire evening on it.

Total DLC cleared: 15

All Cleared DLC:

Hide contents

Minecraft PS3 [10]

-- Expansion Pack 1

-- Expansion Pack 2

-- Expansion Pack 3

-- Expansion Pack 4

-- Expansion Pack 5 (Battle Minigame)

-- Expansion Pack 6

-- Expansion Pack 7

-- Expansion Pack 8 (Tumble Minigame)

-- Expansion Pack 9

-- Expansion Pack 10

Bugsnax PS4 [1]

-- The Isle of BIGsnax

The Playroom [2]

-- AR Studio

-- Toy Maker

Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero Vita [1]

-- Pirate Queen's Quest

Layers of Fear [1]

-- Inheritance

• Like 3

Not much to report this week. As of Sunday, I only managed to finish A Slip of the Tongue dlc for L.A.Noire. I am, however, making a good progress on the game overall and should have additional dlc packs wrapped up soon. I already finished Reefer Madness today, so I’ll add it to the overall count.

Total packs complete: 17

• Like 3

Updating my progress. I am currently sitting at 8 packs complete after finishing Bugsnax last night.

LEGO Worlds (2): Classic Space, Monsters

Rise of the Tomb Raider (2): Baba Yaga, Croft Manor

Megaquarium (1): Freshwater Frenzy

TOEM (1): Basto

Never Alone (1): Fox Tales  - New

Bugsnax (1): The Isle of Bigsnax  - New

Total packs complete: 8

• Like 4