(EVENT) DIDN'T HALF-ASS IT! A DLC EVENT - 2022 (Completed)

L3d4e17.png

Hitman 2 - Hawkes Bay

This is the first level of Hitman's 2 campaign, but its largely just a simple tutorial consisting of just one house and a beach compared to the complexity and density of the other levels in the series. That said its probably the best damn tutorial I have ever played. It's so atmospheric and acts as a super distilled version of everything great in the modern hitman trilogy. With multiple ways to complete the level it completely and immediately pulls you into the Hitman world and makes you excited to play the rest of the game. My only complaint is that I wish we also got a larger level with this atmosphere or at least another level set in New Zealand.

L9c8f08.png

Hitman 2 - Miami

The first proper level in Hitman 2 sets the bar very high. Set at an endurance race this map offers a ton of areas to explore, a marina park, an aquarium, the racers garages, VIP lounges, the grand stands, the podium, a technology corporations offices, medical tents, etc. It's got tons of different ways to accomplish your goals, and tons of optional side stuff that is interesting. A lot of the unique assassinations also take quite a bit to set up which I appreciate. The only thing that really bothers me with this level is that since the two assassination targets are related it feels odd that the AI does not change its behavior when one of them is killed. You would think that they would be informed of the others passing quickly.

Total DLC cleared: 32

All Cleared DLC:

Hide contents

Minecraft PS3 [10]

-- Expansion Pack 1

-- Expansion Pack 2

-- Expansion Pack 3

-- Expansion Pack 4

-- Expansion Pack 5 (Battle Minigame)

-- Expansion Pack 6

-- Expansion Pack 7

-- Expansion Pack 8 (Tumble Minigame)

-- Expansion Pack 9

-- Expansion Pack 10

Bugsnax PS4 [1]

-- The Isle of BIGsnax

The Playroom [3]

-- AR Studio

-- Toy Maker

-- Ninja Bots

Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero Vita [1]

-- Pirate Queen's Quest

Layers of Fear [1]

-- Inheritance

Resident Evil 6 PS3 [4]

-- Predator

-- Siege

-- Survivors

-- Onslaught

Little Nightmares [3]

-- The Depths

-- The Hideaway

-- The Residence

Fallout 3 [5]

-- Operation: Anchorage

-- The Pitt

-- Broken Steel

-- Point Lookout

-- Mothership Zeta

Planet Minigolf [1]

-- Stronghold Island

Flow PS3 [1]

-- Expansion Pack

Hitman 2 [2]

-- Hawke's bay

-- Miami

• Like 4

6 hours ago, MattbluePT said:

PS: @gruffiiti I've seen you silently passing me on the event leaderboard, so I had to make my move 1f440.png1f602.png

I was hoping to slip by undetected for awhile as I didn't have too many more dlc planned for this month. ?

Happy to see so many dlc getting completed this year and the competition is much tighter than I was expecting. Looks like I may finish just out of the top 5 this year as everyone just above me seemed to crush it this weekend and I need to focus on completing a couple games for other challenges yet. But... the event isn't over yet. :eyebrow:

• Like 4

So... I kind of got enthusiastic playing and got 9 more DLC's yesterday ?

Human Fall Flat

- Ice

- Thermal

- Factory

- Golf

- City

- Forest

- Laboratory

- Lumber

- Red Rock

Total DLC's completed: 42

I wasn't enjoying this game a lot at the beggining, but now that I got the hang of it, it's turning out as quite fun. Only missing one more DLC for it, which I expect to complete today.

• Like 4

Everyone putting in some serious work right here at the end! What a tight race this has become!

L0c0074.png

Hitman 2 - Santa Fortuna

Set in a lush jungle its a very pretty map with a variety of areas to explore. Honestly though I found it to be too large. Running from one side of the map to the other was not very fun on this one. I also found the story missions to be overall less interesting then the other maps, and often buggy as well resulting in me replaying this map far more then any of the others so far.

L8618b7.png

Hitman 2 - Mumbai

I had heard a lot of negative things about this map going in. Often it being compare to Marrakesh from Hitman 1 which is not great. But despite people seeming to dislike it I ended up loving it. Probably my favourite map so far. It is like Marrakesh in its atmosphere, but they fixed every issue of Marrakesh. It is very large like Santa Fortuna but every area feels useful unlike Santa Fortuna. There is so much content packed into this map, its super dense with hidden story missions and optional assassination methods that are really interesting. It's also a very vertical map which you don't see very often. It's in my opinion the best assassination sandbox with interesting targets and an atmospheric environment. Not once did I get frustrated or bored on this map. Was a joy for every minute.

Lea155e.png
Hitman 2 - Whittleton Creek

Conversely I have heard a lot of positive things about this map with it often being peoples favourite. I was very disappointed with it. It's the smallest map outside of the tutorial Hawke's Bay. The idea of Agent 47 skulking about a residential suburb is great but there where a few things that just took me right out of the experience. The story missions felt kind of repetitive. Even though they all lead to different kills due to the size of the map they all end up taking place in similar areas. The explorable houses also all have basically the same layout which makes them uninteresting to explore. And all but one of those explorable houses are connected with the targets in one way or another which sort of kills the vibe of wandering around a suburb and makes it feel like I was wandering around an enemy compound that just happened to look like a suburb.

L1ecde3.png
Hitman 2 - Himmelstein
The first of the standalone sniper assassin maps where you sit at one vantage point and snipe all your targets. I really enjoy this style of mission. It is still a sandbox with some interesting ways to take out targets quietly. You really have to be mindful of when you shoot which is cool. The problem comes when you are trying to get all the trophies. You have to complete every single challenge the map offers and because the mission has a 15 minute time limit if you miss one of the many collectibles you got to start again. And a lot of the challenges also require 10-12 minutes of waiting after you set them up, and again if you mess up then you have to start again. It was super annoying. Just playing casually its great fun. Completing the trophies sucks.

Total DLC cleared: 36

All Cleared DLC:

Hide contents

Minecraft PS3 [10]

-- Expansion Pack 1

-- Expansion Pack 2

-- Expansion Pack 3

-- Expansion Pack 4

-- Expansion Pack 6

-- Expansion Pack 7

-- Expansion Pack 9

-- Expansion Pack 10

Bugsnax PS4 [1]

-- The Isle of BIGsnax

The Playroom [3]

-- AR Studio

-- Toy Maker

-- Ninja Bots

-- Pirate Queen's Quest

Layers of Fear [1]

-- Inheritance

Resident Evil 6 PS3 [4]

-- Predator

-- Siege

-- Survivors

-- Onslaught

Little Nightmares [3]

-- The Depths

-- The Hideaway

-- The Residence

Fallout 3 [5]

-- The Pitt

-- Broken Steel

-- Point Lookout

-- Mothership Zeta

Planet Minigolf [1]

-- Stronghold Island

Flow PS3 [1]

-- Expansion Pack

Hitman 2 [6]

-- Hawke's bay

-- Miami

-- Santa Fortuna

-- Mumbai

-- Whittleton Creek

-- Himmelstein

• Like 3

It sounds like a good idea, and while it wouldn't make me play more DLC than usual (don't really save it for this event), it would potentially help me convince to clean up some games that I feel like they will take a good while to complete (FF15 Royal DLC, everything in Hitman 1 and 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and the unstarted games Shadows of the Tomb Raider, Ride 3 and Ride 4...)

On the other hand, I usually drop out or forget of full year events than 3 month events (the 3 month always feels like the right amount of time for me, but then those events usually require 10 games, not an unlimited amount of games/dlc...)

• Like 4

I am completely on board with it. I think it will just encourage people to play more DLCs and not pressure anyone into deadlines. This is one of my favorite events here, and I am somewhat of a completionist, so a year-long challenge will suit me wonderfully without having to put in extra effort. 

• Like 4

I do really like more focused timed events. I have definitely given up on some year long events because its hard to stay motivated for an entire year.

That said there are DLC's that I intentionally avoided for this event due to its time limit. Anything that is a post game story where I have not played the main story yet I avoided, as well as more difficult or time consuming DLC such as the Driveclub DLC I still have to do. Having a year long event would be nice to tackle some of those where I can chip away at them when I want rather then just ignoring them.

So I guess I am neutral? Both options sound good. If you were already thinking about it though you should probably just try the year long version. If you don't get the engagement you were hoping for you can always scale it back in 2024.

• Like 4

Took a break from Hitman 2.

Ld12406.png

Golf With Your Friends - New Worlds Pack

A free update that adds three new courses. An underwater course, a scifi volcano course and a course based on the game 'The Escapists'. Nothing troubling here, just play through each course and you are done. I absolutely started this game simply because it had two easy DLC's to do.

L7102a9.png

Golf With Your Friends - Bouncy Castle Pack

Did I spend $3 on this DLC just for this event. Why yes I did. This adds a single Bouncy Castle course. Again nothing too difficult here, play the course on classic mini-golf, hockey and dunk modes. The hardest part is getting par or better on classic, but even then just consulting a video guide to see angles and power levels make it fairly trivial to do.

L69c761.png

Sleeping Dogs - Nightmare in North Point

I played Sleeping Dogs on PC back in the day but always wanted to come back to it for trophies since I love it. However I do not love this DLC. It's honestly pretty bad. You don't see Asian mythology used super often in games so its a great concept but its just bad. The plot is that the gates of hell are open and the dead are back. Don't ask how or why it just is. Then you just play through a handful of missions that all feel the same to stop 'Smiley Cat' from killing you and your girlfriend. You send Smiley Cat back to hell and the DLC ends. You don't close the gates of hell or anything, nothing really gets accomplished. As well the entire map is explorable in this DLC, but they didn't actually put anything anywhere except for in North Point. North Point is only about a quarter of the total map. It just makes no sense.

L076972.png

Sleeping Dogs - Year of the Snake

This on the other hand is great. Since you are an undercover cop in the main game you get to play as a regular cop here. The plot is basic but it works well enough. There is a cult that is trying to speed up what they believe to be the end of the world. You start out as a beat cop dealing with delinquents and thugs, and eventually get full tactical gear as you deal with the cult. The mission variety is a lot better, with basic street battles, car and boat chases, gun fights, riots, and bomb threats. It also takes place across the entire map unlike the previous DLC. It's just a much better DLC and is actually fun to play.

Total DLC cleared: 40

All Cleared DLC:

Hide contents

Minecraft PS3 [10]

-- Expansion Pack 1

-- Expansion Pack 2

-- Expansion Pack 3

-- Expansion Pack 4

-- Expansion Pack 6

-- Expansion Pack 7

-- Expansion Pack 9

-- Expansion Pack 10

Bugsnax PS4 [1]

-- The Isle of BIGsnax

The Playroom [3]

-- AR Studio

-- Toy Maker

-- Ninja Bots

-- Pirate Queen's Quest

Layers of Fear [1]

-- Inheritance

Resident Evil 6 PS3 [4]

-- Predator

-- Siege

-- Survivors

-- Onslaught

Little Nightmares [3]

-- The Depths

-- The Hideaway

-- The Residence

Fallout 3 [5]

-- The Pitt

-- Broken Steel

-- Point Lookout

-- Mothership Zeta

Planet Minigolf [1]

-- Stronghold Island

Flow PS3 [1]

-- Expansion Pack

Hitman 2 [6]

-- Hawke's bay

-- Miami

-- Santa Fortuna

-- Mumbai

-- Whittleton Creek

-- Himmelstein

Golf With Your Friends [2]

-- New Worlds Pack

-- Bouncy Castle Pack

Sleeping Dogs PS3 [2]

-- Nightmare in North Point

-- Year of the Snake

• Like 3

I actually dedicated this year to increase my profile completion percentage mainly due to the numerous DLC and would like to participate. 

Here is the list so far in chronological order with the # of DLC completed for each game (in brackets - 82 in total) :

Little Nightmares (3)

The Depths

The Hideaway

The Residence

STEEP (3)

Witerfest

Extreme Pack

Road To The Olympics

ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED (3)

Ascension

Explorer Notes

The Center

WATCH DOGS 2 (3)

HUMAN CONDITIONS

NO COMPROMISE

Showd0wn

DIRT 5 (PS4) (4)

Energy

Uproar

Super Size

Wild Spirits

DIRT 5 (PS5) (4)

Energy

Uproar

Super Size

Wild Spirits

Control (PS5) (2)

The Foundation

Altered World Events

Mortall shell (PS4) (1)

The Virtuous Cycle

Iki Island: Exploration

Legends: Rivals and Mastery Challenges

GHOST OF TSUSHIMA (PS4) (4)

New Game+

Iki Island: Story

GHOST OF TSUSHIMA (PS5) (5)

Ghost of Tsushima: Legends Mode

New Game+

Iki Island: Story

Bugsnax (PS5) (1)

The Isle of Bigsnax

HORIZON FORBIDDEN WEST (PS4) (1)

New Game+

HORIZON FORBIDDEN WEST (PS5) (1)

New Game+

RESIDENT EVIL 2 (PS5) (2)

The Ghost Survivors

Another Survivor

GRAVITY RUSH (3)

Maid Pack

Spy Pack

Special Forces Pack

Bioshock (1)

Challenge Room

Returnal (1)

Returnal: Ascension

Need for speed (1)

Living Game

CRASH BANDICOOT (1)

Crash Bandicoot: Lost Treasures

SAINTS ROW IV: RE-ELECTED (2)

Enter the Dominatrix

How the Saints Save Christmas

MOVING OUT (1)

Movers in Paradise

Resogun (1)

RESOGUN™ Construction Kit

DOOM ETERNAL (3)

DOOM Eternal® The Ancient Gods 1

DOOM Eternal® The Ancient Gods 2

DOOM Eternal® Horde Mode

GOAT SIMULATOR (4)

GoatMMO

GoatZ

Goat Simulator: Payday

Goat Simulator: Waste Of Space

PROMINENCE POKER (1)

Rooftop

DEATHLOOP (1)

Golden Loop Update

AMNESIA COLLECTION (1)

Hardmode

TOEM (1)

Basto

Surge (2)

A Walk in the Park

The Good, the Bad and the Augmented

Surge 2 (1)

The Kraken Expansion

CUPHEAD (2)

The Delicious Last Course 1

The Delicious Last Course 2

DEAD BY DAYLIGHT (PS4) (4)

Dead by Daylight: SADAKO RISING Chapter

Dead by Daylight: ROOTS OF DREAD Chapter

Dead by Daylight: Resident Evil: PROJECT W Chapter

Dead by Daylight: Forged in Fog Chapter

DEAD BY DAYLIGHT (PS5) (4)

Dead by Daylight: SADAKO RISING Chapter

Dead by Daylight: ROOTS OF DREAD Chapter

Dead by Daylight: Resident Evil: PROJECT W Chapter

Dead by Daylight: Forged in Fog Chapter

DEAD CELLS (8)

Rise of the Giant 1

Rise of the Giant 2

Rise of the Giant 3

Derelict Distillery

The Bad Seed

Fatal Falls

The Queen and the Sea

The Bank

INJUSTICE 2 (1)

Injustice 2: Legendary Edition Trophies

The long dark (1)

Episode 4: Fury, Then Silence

Edited by foxische
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, foxische said:

I actually dedicated this year to increase my profile completion percentage mainly due to the numerous DLC and would like to participate. 

Here is the list so far in chronological order with the # of DLC completed for each game (in brackets - 82 in total)

Hey, nice to have you on Board and that are some big dlc stacks you accomplish this year! Right now we are not hosting a year long event. This started in September 2022 so all DLC stacks from beginning September until now are counting for you :) we are discussing right now if we want to make a year long event for 2023.

If I see it correct that would be all DLCs from Prominence Poker onward or do i miss one here?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Inuty said:

Hey, nice to have you on Board and that are some big dlc stacks you accomplish this year! Right now we are not hosting a year long event. This started in September 2022 so all DLC stacks from beginning September until now are counting for you :) we are discussing right now if we want to make a year long event for 2023.

If I see it correct that would be all DLCs from Prominence Poker onward or do i miss one here?

thanks for clarification, previous prominence poker dlc were completed in 2021

• Like 1