DualSense Edge Controller announced

Abby_TheLastofUs

This looks pretty cool but I think I will give it a pass as I never use any of the additional functions, I'm pretty basic when it comes to controllers. It does sound cool and also expensive, but I bought the Neon pink controller to match my plates which I like, so I don't want to get a standard white controller again. If this comes out in other colours to match the coloured plates I may consider it. 

On 8/27/2022 at 7:14 AM, altStrafe said:

Seems to be targeted towards the competitive gaming crowd. All of those would affect its legality for tournament use.

Which is kind of irrelevant now as we have the wonderful crossplay full of PC cheaters on most games, even if it isn't that then it's mouse and keyboard with macros to make unnatural moves.. Sony is completely out of touch with this and us, the only controller is this dual sense. I would think people of the competitive nature would probably have already left I guess or modified their existing DS.

On 24/8/2022 at 0:24 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

Ah yes, we can't fix the stick drift, let's just make it so they can replace the sticks themselves.

Looks like pieces and the controller itself its not gonna be cheap, im gonna buy the grey cammo one, because yes, i need a ps5 controller because the white one has drift

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

Just checking in, Do people  feel that the Haptic gimmick has failed yet? Just assuming it may open the door for other controllers then this basically modified dinner plate.

Absolutely not form my point of view - I love the haptics, and good implementation of them is a major boon for any game, as it's a thing not available elsewhere. 

I'd be very disappointed if the haptics and adaptive feedback began to fade from games on PS5, it's certainly been one of the biggest plus points I didn't know I wanted in the new console.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Just checking in, Do people  feel that the Haptic gimmick has failed yet? Just assuming it may open the door for other controllers then this basically modified dinner plate.

I don't think the haptic feedback stuff has failed. It's only useful for single player games. At least for me. They feel nice though ngl but the minute I play an online shooter, I turn them off since they are a distraction. 

19 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Absolutely not form my point of view - I love the haptics, and good implementation of them is a major boon for any game, as it's a thing not available elsewhere. 

I'd be very disappointed if the haptics and adaptive feedback began to fade from games on PS5, it's certainly been one of the biggest plus points I didn't know I wanted in the new console.

It's good technology though I doubt it would have a huge fanbase, idk maybe it does. I guess I'm just curious as to whether Sony is damaging development of third party controllers with restrictions on what they can and can't do. You know you see that "Requires Haptic Feedback" thing on most PS5 games, require is certainly a bit aggressive. I am thankful for BC on the PS5, Outside of PSNP it's pretty common to read posts that a similar.

• 3 weeks later...

Pre-orders begin next Tuesday, October 25.

"Today, we’re pleased to share that the DualSense Edge wireless controller – the first-ever ultra-customizable controller developed by PlayStation – will launch globally on January 26. Built with high performance and personalization in mind, the DualSense Edge wireless controller for PS5 invites you to craft your own unique gaming experiences through custom controls tailored to your playstyle.

"The DualSense Edge wireless controller will be available for a recommended retail price (RRP) of $199.99 USD/¥29,980 (including tax)/€239.99/£209.99. In addition, the replaceable stick modules will be available globally on January 26 for a recommended retail price (RRP) of $19.99 USD/¥2,680 (including tax)/€24.99/£19.99.

"Pre-orders for the controller and replaceable stick modules will be available starting as early as next Tuesday, October 25 at select retailers, so be sure to check your local retailer.

"The DualSense Edge wireless controller features a host of hardware and software-based personalization options, including button remapping, the ability to fine-tune stick sensitivity and triggers, options to swap between multiple control profiles, and a unique on-controller user interface. It also sports the signature comfort and immersive features of the DualSense wireless controller, like haptic feedback and adaptive triggers.

"You can make the DualSense Edge wireless controller uniquely yours with the included three changeable sets of stick caps and two changeable sets of back buttons. Everything will come bundled in the included carrying case, and you can even charge the controller via USB connection while it’s stored in the case to make sure you’re always ready for your next play session.

"Here’s a breakdown of everything included as well as a closer look at the carrying case:

- DualSense Edge wireless controller
- USB braided cable
- 2 Standard caps
- 2 High dome caps
- 2 Low dome caps
- 2 Half dome back buttons
- 2 Lever back buttons
- Connector housing
- Carrying case 

"Starting Tuesday, October 25, 2022 (while supplies last), in the US, UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg, the DualSense Edge wireless controller and replaceable stick modules will be available for pre-order only through direct.playstation.com.

"The DualSense Edge wireless controller and replaceable stick modules will be available for direct.playstation.com customers in these countries starting January 26, 2023, and will be offered at other participating retailers starting February 23, 2023."

• Like 2

240 Euro?? Plus 25€ per stick module?

Thats ridiculously over priced, its half the cost of the console which itselt has a controller...

The Xbox Elite controller is cheaper and quite a bit more customizable. Plus I think Edge looks ugly...

Full disclosure: This is an opinion.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2022 at 5:53 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

So much this. Though I really enjoyed the features of the DS4 as well and was disappointed by how often they weren't used after awhile. Though I still say the Touchpad isn't being used enough...devs REALLY don't want to utilize that. I almost forget what it's supposed to be sometimes outside of an over sized button to open a menu or a map. 

Anyways, $200 for a controller? The DualSense itself is already over priced. This is just fucking robbery at this point. But people will pay for it because they have more money than sense, so the industry will continue to do this shit. 

21 minutes ago, Viper said:

Anyways, $200 for a controller? The DualSense itself is already over priced. This is just fucking robbery at this point. But people will pay for it because they have more money than sense, so the industry will continue to do this shit. 

How is the DualSense overpriced? Genuinely baffled by this one. It was like $10 more than the DualShock 4 at launch, and about the same amount more than the Xbox controller, which is pretty good if you ask me considering the extra features it comes with compared to those other controllers. They can usually be found on sale pretty frequently as well, even the coloured options.

Can't believe people are surprised about this. Scufs can cost much more than this depending on customisation options. The Xbox Elite isn't much cheaper either. It's pretty much market price, give or take. I can understand why people might not want one, it isn't for me either, but let's not pretend that this is a regular run-of-the-mill controller that's costing $200.  

• Like 1

To those complaining about the price - this controller clearly isn't aimed at you, just stick to your standard DualSense controller. This is clearly aimed at those who play games for a living and compete in eSports, thanks to the trigger resistance slider, rear buttons and adjustable dead zones.

Also, I see some people are saying the Xbox controller has more features and is cheaper - what additional features does the Xbox controller have? The DS has all the extra features Xbox does, such as haptic feedback, adaptive triggers, a microphone, a speaker, motion controls, etc...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

How is the DualSense overpriced? Genuinely baffled by this one. It was like $10 more than the DualShock 4 at launch, and about the same amount more than the Xbox controller, which is pretty good if you ask me considering the extra features it comes with compared to those other controllers. They can usually be found on sale pretty frequently as well, even the coloured options.

Can't believe people are surprised about this. Scufs can cost much more than this depending on customisation options. The Xbox Elite isn't much cheaper either. It's pretty much market price, give or take. I can understand why people might not want one, it isn't for me either, but let's not pretend that this is a regular run-of-the-mill controller that's costing $200.  

Blah blah blah it has features blah blah price is justified blah blah. We've had this discussion several times before and it's no different now. You think the world is justified in the way it screws its customers because it's business 101...and I think business 101 is a crockpot, shady, scummy ass excuse TO screw people. Prices don't need to be as high as they are...it's just that simple. We don't need to pick up these bats to beat this dead horse again.