Nat 1 Type Connection but why?

1 minute ago, hobokiefer said:

Can someone explain why you need to have a NAT Type 1 connection for this game, I've gone for online tropies on other games with no issues but everyone keeps stating NAT 1 type only.

Because the servers are fucky and while NAT 1 is not an absolute requirement, an open connection is. I managed to get things done with a NAT 2 with open ports/DMZ. There are a few games like this where the server connection is so unstable, the only feasible way to stay connected and play is with an open connection - Ghost Recon or Red Alert 3 just to name a few.

Also, having an open connection or a NAT 1 doesn't mean the connection will be perfect, you'll still get disconnects, but it will be usable.

• Like 1

Not true. Someone I know was able to connect with NAT2 + DMZ enabled or with 2 PS3 and 2 copies of the game. It’s something with EA crappy servers blocking access from connecting with each other. It’s the same issue with Ghost recon future solider or command and conquer 3 where you need someone with NAT1 or NAT2 and DMZ enable.

15 minutes ago, hobokiefer said:

silly question potentially then how do you know if you have a DMZ enabled?

You go into your router settings using it's IP and check/enable it there. Unless you or your ISP have enbaled it because you asked them to, I can assure you, you don't have it on. It's usually under forwarding or firewall settings, but there are plenty of guides online for each model of a router.

This is how it looks on mine:
xoHLOXC.png

• Like 2