Achiever Question

EthereallSun

As far as I'm aware, the objectives you complete will stay completed regardless of if you win or lose the match, and they don't all need to be done at once. You just need to make sure that you finish the match to completion so they count. 

The Pincer Movement operation requires you to destroy 5 recon units and I know for a fact I had to retry this last objective multiple times after I had finished all of the other ones and it still counted. 

Edited by z99f
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 29.08.2022 at 7:29 PM, z99f said:

As far as I'm aware, the objectives you complete will stay completed regardless of if you win or lose the match, and they don't all need to be done at once. You just need to make sure that you finish the match to completion so they count. 

The Pincer Movement operation requires you to destroy 5 recon units and I know for a fact I had to retry this last objective multiple times after I had finished all of the other ones and it still counted. 

Hey, it's been a while but maybe you will be able to help, do you know how to force Infantry to spawn for Kill x infantry objectives? Like I understand the mechanics, if you make canons the ai will spawn infantry as it's the best way to counter aa/at, but what about when you aren't able to produce canons in the first place? Like with Anzio operation, you only start with the 3 canons and after a while ai pushes tanks at you, so there's no way to keep them sending infantry without getting destroyed by tanks... this objective might be the hardest in the game from what I've seen.

3 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Hey, it's been a while but maybe you will be able to help, do you know how to force Infantry to spawn for Kill x infantry objectives? Like I understand the mechanics, if you make canons the ai will spawn infantry as it's the best way to counter aa/at, but what about when you aren't able to produce canons in the first place? Like with Anzio operation, you only start with the 3 canons and after a while ai pushes tanks at you, so there's no way to keep them sending infantry without getting destroyed by tanks... this objective might be the hardest in the game from what I've seen.

It's been a while since I've completed these, but there were two things you could try:

1) Hide a group of infantry near the enemy's armor base (where they make tanks) and they will keep killing the tanks when they leave the armor base. Eventually, the AI will get annoyed and produce infantry to attack your own infantry.

OR

2) Use radio silence to hide everything except for your AT guns or tank destroyers (anything that can be killed by enemy infantry). Sometimes, the AI will only create units based on what they can see you have. Obviously, make sure you have tanks and other infantry nearby hidden under radio silence so they can kill the enemy infantry when they come to destroy your AT guns. 

Other than that, you just need to keep trying over and over again. The AI in this game can be very stubborn and rarely produce the units you need for these secondary objectives. Personally, I never had any issues with getting infantry to spawn other than in the final operation (Triple Alliance) because infantry units are basically useless here and the AI will only create them once they have almost been defeated and have nothing left to build. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, z99f said:

It's been a while since I've completed these, but there were two things you could try:

1) Hide a group of infantry near the enemy's armor base (where they make tanks) and they will keep killing the tanks when they leave the armor base. Eventually, the AI will get annoyed and produce infantry to attack your own infantry.

OR

2) Use radio silence to hide everything except for your AT guns or tank destroyers (anything that can be killed by enemy infantry). Sometimes, the AI will only create units based on what they can see you have. Obviously, make sure you have tanks and other infantry nearby hidden under radio silence so they can kill the enemy infantry when they come to destroy your AT guns. 

Other than that, you just need to keep trying over and over again. The AI in this game can be very stubborn and rarely produce the units you need for these secondary objectives. Personally, I never had any issues with getting infantry to spawn other than in the final operation (Triple Alliance) because infantry units are basically useless here and the AI will only create them once they have almost been defeated and have nothing left to build. 

Thanks will def try this out. one more thing if i may ask, kill 5 recon units in Pincer... 4h of trying diff methods and the ai just won't spawn them, do you remember how you did it?

9 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Thanks will def try this out. one more thing if i may ask, kill 5 recon units in Pincer... 4h of trying diff methods and the ai just won't spawn them, do you remember how you did it?

Yeah... this objective was the hardest for me. Just like the infantry, the AI does not like to create many recon units. The AI will usually make 1 or 2 of them during a match, but they rarely make enough for you to complete the secondary objective which is what makes it more luck than strategy. 

I think what worked for me was first destroying one of the enemy HQ bases. Once that is done, continue playing normally until you are close to destroying/taking the last enemy HQ base. But now stop attacking. Back away your units a bit from the enemy HQ base (give them some room), hide your infantry, and keep your units under radio silence. What should happen is the AI will begin to build one or two bases and because they can't see your units, it's possible they will send out a recon or two to look around before they make units. From what I remember, the chances of the AI making a recon unit is higher if:

1) They are losing 

2) They have only 1 or 2 bases

3) They can't see your units (because you have them under radio silence/hidden)

So... my advice is to combine all 3 of these above and hopefully they create enough recon units. If the AI does make a recon unit, kill it and then repeat the process again (almost destroy/take their HQ base, pull back your units and put them in radio silence while they build one or two bases etc.). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, z99f said:

Yeah... this objective was the hardest for me. Just like the infantry, the AI does not like to create many recon units. The AI will usually make 1 or 2 of them during a match, but they rarely make enough for you to complete the secondary objective which is what makes it more luck than strategy. 

I think what worked for me was first destroying one of the enemy HQ bases. Once that is done, continue playing normally until you are close to destroying/taking the last enemy HQ base. But now stop attacking. Back away your units a bit from the enemy HQ base (give them some room), hide your infantry, and keep your units under radio silence. What should happen is the AI will begin to build one or two bases and because they can't see your units, it's possible they will send out a recon or two to look around before they make units. From what I remember, the chances of the AI making a recon unit is higher if:

1) They are losing 

2) They have only 1 or 2 bases

3) They can't see your units (because you have them under radio silence/hidden)

So... my advice is to combine all 3 of these above and hopefully they create enough recon units. If the AI does make a recon unit, kill it and then repeat the process again (almost destroy/take their HQ base, pull back your units and put them in radio silence while they build one or two bases etc.). 

After a lot of retries i managed to do it, I left the airfield on the left with infantry to spawn kill planes in case they deploy a plane recon, and i pretty much closed in on the right side but never touched their buildings, so I had a lot of AA/AT in the middle and the right center, in the end they were making a recon car every minute or two so I ended up with 11 recon kills, which is weird as I have done the same strategy a few times and they never even spawned a car once. Thanks bud, this is a great game but very niche among hunters, finding any useful tips besides the guide is very hard. 

• Like 1