Sony increased PS5 price (Live now)

Sailar91

Wow, this is nuts. Now if you can even manage to find a console you'll have to pay nearly as much as a new game on top of the original price. It almost feels like they're rewarding the early birds and scalpers with this decision. I hope this actually helps their supply problem like they claim it will.

• Like 1

Was to be expected.

Console sales have mostly been a loss for the vendors and the cost of manufacture now seems very high. A 10% surcharge is acceptable.

Microsoft won't do anything like that because they have always subsidized consoles, games, developer studios and the Game Pass with their infinite cash reserves.

• Like 1

Still not bothered about getting a PS5 for myself anytime soon but was planning to buy one as a present for someone in the next month so this is annoying, saw the rumour a couple weeks ago about the price increase but wasn't sure they'd actually do it

Edited by MD_91
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, JediKnight_327 said:

I never buy the first model of a console, especially at RRP but I bought the PS5 at retail for £450, and I cant say its been worth it. I've only played 2 games which I couldnt have played on the PS4 and those are ratchet and clank and Astros play room. Fun and cute games, but not worth upgrading for so you can play them immediately.

I think its worth it alone to just play ps4 games on. Playing sleeping dogs on my ps4 at minute and the console as not aged well. My ps3 runs better

• Like 3

I live in the UK and got mine a few months ago, thank goodness. But this is odd considering tech usually depreciates like cars do, even with inflation and not the other way around. That's an odd move by Sony, but oh well. Because of how difficult it is to buy and how desperate people are for it and would probably pay anything for it, Sony saw this an a profit making opportunity and increased the prices. 

• Like 2

Lol, $799. Sorry to be a negative nelly but I see this gen as a fail. I also believe many people have built a PC in the chip shortage drama. For some it's wonderful, for others it's lacking controller diversity. I have one single friend who managed to buy one, they sold it a week ago and bought a cat with the money. They also hooked their ps4 (Not a Pro) back up and are happy with that. I'm also happy with that as we are back playing competitive games online. 

This console has felt locked and limited, it's been 2 and a half f'n years

Edited by Z1MZUM
  • Like 1