Sony increased PS5 price (Live now)

Sailar91

1 hour ago, DARKKRAKEN666 said:

Nintendo did though, they made the OLED Switch $50 more expensive without putting $50 worth of components in it...And Microsoft will Microsoft and burn money.

?

the new 7" oled screen is not a different component from the original 6.2" lcd screen?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

1f60f.png

the new 7" oled screen is not a different component from the original 6.2" lcd screen?

LAN port - pennies

upgraded stand - pennies

upgraded storage  - a few $

The only upgrade with a slightly significant monetary value is the screen and i'd be surprised if that was $15 more expensive over the base screen when you're buying in the 10's of millions.

So being generous the components cost $25 more for the $50 increase, so $25 extra in Nintendo's pocket.

Edited by DARKKRAKEN666
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SaAlLoAg said:

Seems like Sony is taking notes from Facebook's Quest 2 VR headset :lol:

On a more serious note, the PS5 doesn't offer that much compared to a, relatively cheap, PS4 nowadays to consider buying it, let alone in the increased price. It's been almost 3 years since It's launch and I can still count with 1 hand the amount of games I actually want to play and can't on PS4, the rest are either cross-gen, available for cheaper eslewhere or not worth the upgrade until a price drop comes around in a couple of years :dunno:

The PS5 was released in November 2020, It's not even been two years yet let alone 3.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DARKKRAKEN666 said:

LAN port - pennies

upgraded stand - pennies

The only upgrade with a slightly significant monetary value is the screen and i'd be surprised if that was $15 more expensive over the base screen when you're buying in the 10's of millions.

So being generous the components cost $25 more for the $50 increase, so $25 extra in Nintendo's pocket.

Do you also question your pizza place when you ask for peppers and tell them you can get a pepper for .25 from the grocery store, why are they charging $1.50 to add half of one to your pizza?

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, DARKKRAKEN666 said:

LAN port - pennies

upgraded stand - pennies

silly me

here I thought the whole concept of business was to operate at a profit. clearly they're supposed to only break even 

• Like 3

Price increase of the Ps5 from a business view is logic (infilation prices) . But since the consoles are still not in stores i think Sony  should show some goodwill to keep the prices the same for awhile. 

Have been hyped by every Playstation console so far, but the ps5 release is just awfull for me at this point. 

they don't need to up the price in the us because they don't lose money shipping in the us, they lose cash when shipping from the us to additional places, so that cost is passed on, and their profits per console remains the same. 

i was expecting it sooner. a pack of crisps costs the same as a pack of smokes from 5 years ago. gunna plant a fuckin apple tree instead.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

here I thought the whole concept of business was to operate at a profit. clearly they're supposed to only break even 

You're also apparently not supposed to account for any working hours of planning, designing, coordinating suppliers, creating prototypes, working through iterations, general engineering, manufacturing changes, marketing, etc. Everyone has a 14 year old cousin that can do all those things for free in their spare time, so it must not cost a business to do any of them either. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

silly me

You're totally missing the point, you said that Nintendo was not raising their prices i showed that they are but were being smarter about doing it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

You're also apparently not supposed to account for any working hours of planning, designing, coordinating suppliers, creating prototypes, working through iterations, general engineering, manufacturing changes, marketing, etc. Everyone has a 14 year old cousin that can do all those things for free in their spare time, so it must not cost a business to do any of them either. 

Huh? MonaSaxPayne in a previous post said that Nintendo was not raising their price. Charging $50 for $25 of components is raising their price but in a smarter way as the consumer feels like he's getting something for his money. If Sony had done something like throw in 3 months of Plus along side the increase they would have softened the blow.

Edited by DARKKRAKEN666

Just now, DARKKRAKEN666 said:

Huh? MonaSaxPayne in a previous post said that Nintendo was not raising their price. Charging $50 for $25 of components is raising their price but in a smarter way as the consumer feels like he's getting something for his money.

Nintendo didn't increase the price of the LCD Switch, they released an OLED Switch at a different price. That's not the same thing as raising prices.

This decision is something i suspected would happen, it actually came much later then expected... I'm also not surprised about the US price keep. Simply because in Europe, China and Japan PS reins supreme over Xbox. In the US not so much, and they knew they could PERFECLTY raise the prices in those regions but would lose HORRENDOUSLY if they did in the US. This is all marketing and profits and Sony as greedy as they are since Jimbo Limbo is CEO of PlayStation. The worst ever CEO in my opinion, for various reasons.  And it's all for profit. Inflation is very high this year around 14% to 20% in Europe. Wich is A LOT. But still the price hike is just more money, because if it was inflation, then US prices would rise too, but they didn't.

But if Sony starts losing the Japanes market to Xbox and European to Xbox too... I actually really want this to happen. Now going a little off topic here but...

I want PS to sink like they did with PS3 at that time, they learned and improved and now they are just unfathom to aproach lately and i'm a PS hard fan, since de PS1 i play PS games... Since i was 6, my gaming grew with PS, and even in the PS3 era i was disapointed with them at the time, but now i'm like... The level of we don't care from Sony, the absurd censorship of many Japanese games, of horror games... The lack of communication, the greedyness, the all high and mighty position that they have now is sickening... I love trophy hunting, it's a more stimuly to keep playing more the games i have, but i never owned an Xbox, and now... Seriously thinking of buying a Series X and gamepass and start ditching PS until they start getting better and get that Limbo out of there... It's just horrible, i'm sooo disapointed... Xbox now has a golden oportunity to start taking over these regions more and more. Sony eventually will learn and they need that. Simple. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BlitzkriegHottie said:

The way I see it the US is responsible for the price increase worldwide but Americans are not going to be affected by it? Only everyone else? Amazing.

The reason the US is not seeing an increase in price is because the US dollar is stronger than those other currencies that are seeing a price increase.  So you're seeing Sony correct the market segment prices so they don't lose a ton of money keeping it at the same price.  Every company, even Megacorporations, need to hit their budgets or they will have severe consequences.  

Revenue ≠ profit and companies need profit to survive (grow business, keep up with competition, provide new offerings, open new operations, enter new markets, the list can go on for awhile). 

For example, Sony made $79.84 billion dollars in revenue in 2020.  The profit they made after expenses (revenue - expenses) was $5.356 billion dollars in 2020.  Yes, $5 billion is a lot of money but you can see that they had $74.5 billion in expenses (investments, payroll, operations to run the business, on and on).  They need a huge profit just to keep pace with the likes of Microsoft, Tencent, Steam, and Epic.

Edited by Paperclip1776
grammar update

6 hours ago, Sagaan said:

Xbox is trash nobody buy it its sit on everystore as Dekoration. There wont be a ps 5 pro greetings ya manjak.

They are not trash in Asia market at least.  People got xbox because of cheap game pass and easy to get one.  PS5 is always out of stock here or ppl who got one are selling them in high price bundle. Most of the PS players still cant buy it in original price for a year here so they gave up and switch to xbox till the price is settled.  But now the price is raised and they dont care to buy a PS5 for now anymore.  

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

And then everyone shits on businesses for not paying employees an appropriate wage. We could make minimum wage $100 an hour and then people would lose their shit that a cup of coffee was $20 and a Big Mac $50.

You can have a good product, a cheap product, or a fast product - but you can't have all 3.

Edited by diskdocx

Kind of absurd how Sony increased the price of the PS5 after less than 3 years everywhere else outside the US. It's already hard to find a PS5 and might lose interest in other markets. At the same time, this was bound to happen. 

What a gaming generation.

I was never pressured to purchase a ps5, I got it as xmas gift.

It's true that there are very few ps5 titles to justify the purchase of this expensive system, but for those saying that the vanilla ps4 is the same as ps5, heck no, unless you are just playing retro games, better loading times and smoother gameplay are very important and you have that on ps5. there is a big difference playing Monster hunter on ps5. I was playing spiderman Morales the other day on my vanilla ps4, the system barely handles it.

It has been almost 2 years and I still can't find PS5 on physical stores, scalpers everywhere, not many interesting PS5 games to play and now this.

This generation has been something else for Sony, I might just buy a Switch with how much Sony  has been screwing up this gen, it's as if they are messing up on purpose to see how far they can get away with it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ninjise said:

It has been almost 2 years and I still can't find PS5 on physical stores, scalpers everywhere, not many interesting PS5 games to play and now this.

This generation has been something else for Sony, I might just buy a Switch with how much Sony  has been screwing up this gen, it's as if they are messing up on purpose to see how far they can get away with it.

I have yet to see a PS5 either, I currently have no interest in one as well. I'm sure if I really wanted one, I could locate one without resorting to a scalper (Which I would never do)....I just don't see much point.