Sony increased PS5 price (Live now)

Sailar91

On 9/11/2022 at 8:02 AM, audiopile said:

Lego kits also went up in price.  This is what inflation is people. A PS5 is a luxury item which no one needs. 

I get that no one under 20 has been part of any real adversity, heck at 45 ive barely seen any. 

Just remember, it could be worse, potentially we could be waiting in line 4 hours for a loaf of bread.  

Comparing the shit the Greatest Generation (born 1901 - 1926/1927) had to face during the Great Depression and World War II respectively to what Millennials and Zoomers are facing now doesn’t even fall in the same atmosphere. 

Guess what, you don’t need a PS4 either. Not even an older console like the Xbox 360. They’re all luxury items. If people want to gripe how they still cannot get a PS5, that’s their decision. They can take it or leave it.

The real world sucks. Always has been. If the internet existed decades ago, you would hear World War II veterans and Hippies bitch about peace and Vietnam with the same ferocity us Millennials are bitching about the War in Ukraine, as well as absurdly high real estate prices. 

Adversity in your eyes hasn’t existed for several decades. Until the last 5 - 10 years or so, we lived pretty comfortably since the 1980’s.

• Like 2

On 12/8/2022 at 6:27 PM, AJ_Radio said:

Comparing the shit the Greatest Generation (born 1901 - 1926/1927) had to face during the Great Depression and World War II respectively to what Millennials and Zoomers are facing now doesn’t even fall in the same atmosphere. 

Guess what, you don’t need a PS4 either. Not even an older console like the Xbox 360. They’re all luxury items. If people want to gripe how they still cannot get a PS5, that’s their decision. They can take it or leave it.

The real world sucks. Always has been. If the internet existed decades ago, you would hear World War II veterans and Hippies bitch about peace and Vietnam with the same ferocity us Millennials are bitching about the War in Ukraine, as well as absurdly high real estate prices. 

Adversity in your eyes hasn’t existed for several decades. Until the last 5 - 10 years or so, we lived pretty comfortably since the 1980’s.

Normally Im not in favor if this type of argument (If you lived in North Korea then blah blah) but sometimes its good to have some perspective.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, audiopile said:

Normally Im not in favor if this type of argument (If you lived in North Korea then blah blah) but sometimes its good to have some perspective.

That’s just reality. Everything is wonderful when you’re a kid (unless you had a bad childhood), then you move on your own and realize much isn’t as it seems.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Prices arent that expensive. I spent 700 on FF16 Collectors edition and 360 on SF6 Collectors edition on the same day.

PS5 isn't pricey. Its expected given the economy and inflation. 

I think you might just have a lot more disposable income than the rest of us. ? 700$ is close to being how much I get per month as a disabled person.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, enaysoft said:

Yeah but a few weeks ago, I spent 6000 dollars on flights to the UK and back, on the same day.

Is my cock bigger than yours now? lol

its not a measuring contest lol. But in terms of electronics, ps5 is cheap.

But seriously, PS5 isn't cheap, and it's kinda arrogant to say it is, especially in the current financial climate there are a lot of people just struggling to find money for food or to heat their homes, let alone being able to afford a PS5, if you can find one.

Sounds like a "them problem" and government issue.

Not everyone has a ton of cash they can throw around, some do, but many don't. Well anyway compared to a what a PC can do, PS5 is comparably cheap, but in the grand scheme of life, it's not exactly easy money.

TVs are far pricier than consoles and the downside to a TV is by the end of that year its already about to become outdated.

21 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

Prices arent that expensive. I spent 700 on FF16 Collectors edition and 360 on SF6 Collectors edition on the same day.

PS5 isn't pricey. Its expected given the economy and inflation. 

20 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

its not a measuring contest lol. But in terms of electronics, ps5 is cheap.

Sounds like a "them problem" and government issue.

TVs are far pricier than consoles and the downside to a TV is by the end of that year its already about to become outdated.

19 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

maybe so. Guess i am fortunate. As for disabled pay, yeah thats some bullshit. Can't nobody live off that. 

Oh, you sound like a pleasant individual to be around.

Maybe you have such an abundance of cash because everyone that meets you pays you to fuck off?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Oh, you sound like a pleasant individual to be around.

Maybe you have such an abundance of cash because everyone that meets you pays you to fuck off?

if it was only that easy. I have an abundance of money because i work, i invest in stocks, and I'm smart with spending. I dont sit and whine that "the system" holds me down while doing nothing to better my own life like many here are doing.

I am nice to be around, but when it comes to the people here it is very hit and miss. I'd rather be making money and being able to pay for fancy things, than be stuck in front of a screen all hours of the day trying to achieve some 100% completion rate that ultimately means nothing. 

• Like 1

Working or being smart with your money doesn't stop the government from trying to take it from you. Here in Sweden heating has gone up from maybe $300 a month to $1000-$1500 a month and it's not like you can turn off the heating in -15 degrees Celsius. I pay around $500 a month just to drive to work and back. The cost of living is crazy high right now and even having loads of money doesn't make someone blind to the fact the $4 for a loaf of bread and $7 for butter is wrong. Inflation is crazy high so ofc Sony are going to hike up their prices as well and there's nothing to be shocked about, even if we don't like it. We should be grateful that we can even afford luxury items because not everyone is as lucky as we are 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

if it was only that easy. I have an abundance of money because i work, i invest in stocks, and I'm smart with spending. I dont sit and whine that "the system" holds me down while doing nothing to better my own life like many here are doing.

The person you're replying to is being a dick, but I think you really should take a step back and consider that a lot of people are struggling with money right now. We're entering a recession after two years of absurd inflation (and wages not keeping up with it, per the usual) and even before COVID rent prices were soaring. Now they're becoming ridiculous. It takes money to make money, and most people (at least in the US) barely have enough to get by as is.

For instance, you can apparently afford to spend a thousand dollars on games in a day without it being particularly strenuous on your budget. I'm obviously on the extreme end of the poverty scale, but if I were to buy just two or three full price games in a month it'd completely wreck my budget and I'd have to cut corners for the rest of the month. I've been trying to build up savings myself, but unfortunately not much comes of that when you can only afford to put away 50-75$ a month. At that rate all it takes is a single dentist visit, car break down, etc and you've drained half a year's savings. And I'm living in a run down, cockroach infested shithole that only costs a bit over 500$ a month. Most states have an average rental price of at least 1k.

So yeah, Sony increasing the price of a console post-launch (which would be an unprecedented move even at the best of times) in a time when many people are struggling financially is going to ruffle some feathers.

14 hours ago, Void said:

Only reason I bought a PS5 was the price, I managed to get a GoW bundle new for under 300 with an extended warranty. If not for that I would still not own one.

How in the fuck did you get a PS5 bundle for 300$?

53 minutes ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

Working or being smart with your money doesn't stop the government from trying to take it from you. Here in Sweden heating has gone up from maybe $300 a month to $1000-$1500 a month and it's not like you can turn off the heating in -15 degrees Celsius. I pay around $500 a month just to drive to work and back. The cost of living is crazy high right now and even having loads of money doesn't make someone blind to the fact the $4 for a loaf of bread and $7 for butter is wrong. Inflation is crazy high so ofc Sony are going to hike up their prices as well and there's nothing to be shocked about, even if we don't like it. We should be grateful that we can even afford luxury items because not everyone is as lucky as we are 

It sounds like corporations are the ones taking your money, not the government, unless Sweden operates government owned bakeries.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

I have an abundance of money because i work

It’s not that simple, though.

There are many reasons why people don’t have an abundance of money even though they do work, sometimes more than one job. I have known plenty of people who worked much more than I did, but had much less money available to them. I would sit at a computer, reviewing games for a living for years and later doing managerial and creative work, while others worked long, physically and emotionally demanding shifts in hospitals, doing actually meaningful work, and they made much less than me. Add in a couple kids (while I only had to feed myself and a cat) and they wouldn’t have been able to just drop $500 on a gaming console even though they worked hard in important jobs.

It doesn’t stop with the console anyway. New games now cost €80, then there’s the subscription, various accessories, and the electricity costs. Electricity prices have doubled here and they’d be higher if the government had not capped them, for the time being at least. Heating costs have exploded, food prices increased by an average of 20% in one year. Everything else is more expensive, too.

The PS5 is still a good deal even at the 10% higher price, but the increase does move it further out of reach for people who already struggle to make ends meet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darling Baphomet said:

The person you're replying to is being a dick, but I think you really should take a step back and consider that a lot of people are struggling with money right now. We're entering a recession after two years of absurd inflation (and wages not keeping up with it, per the usual) and even before COVID rent prices were soaring. Now they're becoming ridiculous. It takes money to make money, and most people (at least in the US) barely have enough to get by as is.

For instance, you can apparently afford to spend a thousand dollars on games in a day without it being particularly strenuous on your budget. I'm obviously on the extreme end of the poverty scale, but if I were to buy just two or three full price games in a month it'd completely wreck my budget and I'd have to cut corners for the rest of the month. I've been trying to build up savings myself, but unfortunately not much comes of that when you can only afford to put away 50-75$ a month. At that rate all it takes is a single dentist visit, car break down, etc and you've drained half a year's savings. And I'm living in a run down, cockroach infested shithole that only costs a bit over 500$ a month. Most states have an average rental price of at least 1k.

i have a lot of respect for you so yeah, ill ease up. My apologies if I upset you 

2 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

While that's all well and good for you, it is unfortunate fact of life that some people ARE held back in society through no fault of their own - disabilities, whom/where they were born to, their age, and even just their immutable base characteristics in some cases.

Being wealthy is a privilege that you can potentially lose at any point, especially so in our current global economic crisis. There's no reason not to be happy about the money you do have, but there's also zero reason to gloat about it or rub it in other people's faces. Remember that not everyone is as fortunate as you.

Edited by Raidou Kuzunoha XIV
  • Like 1

On 25/8/2022 at 3:43 PM, Ghost-Zeus514 said:

Didn't the ps5 on Mexico cost like 15k mxm when it came out?

Yeah. It still does. But sometime retailers higher up the price to take a piece of the cake too. If you go to Costco it'll be reasonable and even close to the official price or even if you look through Amazon. But Liverpool or Sanborns (terrible option to buy games) will increase it to almost $20k (~1000 USD). Ridiculous.

I'll say wait until they truly implement the retro-con for PS3 for Premium on all regions (this pisses me off from Sony tbh), AND they release an optimized version like PS5 Pro/Ultra/Superior or whatever fucked name they give to it. 

2 hours ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

While that's all well and good for you, it is unfortunate fact of life that some people ARE held back in society through no fault of their own - 

Some deserve it, some don't. But I'd rather not get into political drama here. You can DM me if you give a damn, otherwise don't comment

2 hours ago, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

Remember that not everyone is as fortunate as you.

Yeah i know. Some i feel for (disabilities etc), but others i dont (people too lazy to get a job and abusing welfare etc)

/end 

the price increase means nothing to me because I paid $900* for my PS5 bundle at the start of the year, so whether it's $420* for the lowest price from the original digital price, or the highest official price now $580* for the disc version, I still paid a little lower than double the newest highest price, and if you want to buy a PS5 right now where I live after the price increase, it's still around the $900* mark because they don't sell the PS5 without bundling it with something

*the prices are translated from my currency to $ and include taxes

and I'm not saying this to brag that the price doesn't affect me or anything, I had to save up to get it, because that's how bad I wanted it, the only reason I didn't get it earlier was because you couldn't buy it at all from official stores for a long time and I refused to pay scalpers

11 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

Wealth is relative. If u think $500 is a lot of money u have bigger problems than trying to get a PS5 

exactly. Thank you. ?

39 minutes ago, Hornet said:

you are just completely detached from reality.

Not really. I just don't care.  Not my fault people cant budget money. 

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

Some deserve it, some don't. But I'd rather not get into political drama here. You can DM me if you give a damn, otherwise don't comment

Yeah i know. Some i feel for (disabilities etc), but others i dont (people too lazy to get a job and abusing welfare etc)

/end 

Damn, imagining thinking some people "deserve" poverty... I don't need your permission to comment my man, I have no interest in discussing anything in DMs with you that can't be discussed here. Not that I see this conversation going much further anyway. I really hope for your own sake that you learn a modicum of empathy for others some day.

• Like 3