Trophy Thoughts

The list itself is kinda boring but honestly I couldn't care less. Love some of these games, like some others, never tried a few, and see only one dud I'd rather never touch again (no it's not a NES's TMNT which I actually like but a Tournament Fighters for MD/Gen).

The value is there, hands down. Pre-ordered and can't wait to play it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ShadeSplit said:

You didn't need to double down on being snobbish. I got it from your first post.

If you don't like what I said in any of my responses to him, not my fault he got bent out of shape when a few questioned him about his initial post.  And then you got bent out of shape on my reply.  I try to have a valid reason for not getting a game cause "cover art is hideous" isn't exactly a reason I'd use not to purchase a game.  When it comes to old games, these collections are better than trying to download emulators and play on their computer, considering not everyone may not have the best computer to run them.

1 hour ago, VegaMan-X4 said:

The list itself is kinda boring but honestly I couldn't care less. Love some of these games, like some others, never tried a few, and see only one dud I'd rather never touch again (no it's not a NES's TMNT which I actually like but a Tournament Fighters for MD/Gen).

The value is there, hands down. Pre-ordered and can't wait to play it.

I'd say the list is what I kind of expected, although played some games that didn't have too much of an impressive trophy list that came out in the past couple of years.  Looking forward to picking it up on Tuesday at a local GameStop.  While at the same time picking it up along with Destroy All Humans 2: Reprobed.  Not ashamed that I kind of murdered my bank account by putting them on preorder.

Edited by Aanginator
  • Like 1

Glad to see this got a Plat... and that we weren't punished for wanting one by something like "beat all games without save states or rewind" like some other retro collections have done!

This said, I will play to relive my childhood... and the games I missed of course!

EDIT: The list sequence is... interesting. Is it chronological?

Edited by Icebrand1270
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Don't let this list fool you. Some people may not be able to beat TMNT NES and will find the Platinum unobtainable (stupid seaweed swimming level ahhhhhh).

I was never able to get past that part but surely with rewind it is doable?

3 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

The original covers of Tournament Fighters had only one face, Donatello for SNES, Raphael for Sega Genesis and Leonardo for NES

Reveal hidden contents

48245_front.jpg

39446--teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tour

180221-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tour

Yeah, but I am pretty sure most people on this forum could copy and paste either one of these images into photoshop or similar and make a Michelangelo version within minutes. An artist could have been kind and made a Michelangelo one, just for this collection.

Edited by enaysoft

5 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

On one hand, it's kind of good not to have to do some weird specific tasks so you can just play how you want and enjoy the game. I almost never do that anymore because of trophies.

On the other, it's a lazy list which I hope isn't indicative of the effort put into this collection. 

I enjoyed these when I was younger but I really don't care about revisiting them. I suppose if it gets really cheap or ends up in regular Plus I'd play it, though.

They've put a ton of effort in the collection, particularly with the design documents (thousands of pages). They've been working on it for 4 years.

5 hours ago, CountFlame said:

Does anyone know if it comes with the ps5 upgrade? Couldn’t find a definitive answer. Would gladly play the collection again on ps5 if it the ps4 version does.

5 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

Doesn't look like it, but I'd be more than willing to be proven wrong.

On one of the amazon product pages they (tagged manufacturer so it's legit) answered this question and said yes you can upgrade ps4->ps5.

Edited by emailking

36 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Yeah, but I am pretty sure most people on this forum could copy and paste either one of these images into photoshop or similar and make a Michelangelo version within minutes.

But there is no point, each trophy icon is the official cover art of each game, if there wasn't any game with the face of michelangelo then there is no trophy icon only with him, even if it is easy to do... At least the plat have all four brothers.

26 minutes ago, emailking said:

Also, there's a feature where you can watch a TAS speedrun of each game and take over at any time. So take over when the final boss is almost dead and you get the trophy for that game.

Man, imagine the animal letter games with that feature...

The guys at webnetics...

cover4.jpg

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Icebrand1270 said:

Glad to see this got a Plat... and that we weren't punished for wanting one by something like "beat all games without save states or rewind" like some other retro collections have done!

This said, I will play to relive my childhood... and the games I missed of course!

EDIT: The list sequence is... interesting. Is it chronological?

Imagine trying to beat the NES Battletoads WITHOUT save states or rewinds. 

Such a shame they had to go and join Microsoft’s Xbox…

• Like 3

Well it was a good one lads!

Game lasted almost 6 hours in the "New Trophy List" before the usual diarrhea of multi-stack shite came to scroll it off the bottom.

PS4 list will also be next to vanish anytime about now.

[edit]

21 mins later AAAAAANND it's gone :)

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

I normally counter 'box art is bad' arguments with a mixture of 'don't judge a book by it's cover', an admission that there are many examples of bad and/or lazy cover art out there, and then end with 'look up Phalanx and tell me you'd buy it based on the box cover'.

I bought Phalanx based on the box cover.

32 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Imagine trying to beat the NES Battletoads WITHOUT save states or rewinds. 

Such a shame they had to go and join Microsoft’s Xbox…

I hadn't even thought of it before now, but I'd love a Battetoads collection.

Edited by Jelly Soup

It would have been cool if there were trophies for doing some of the extra stuff. E.g.

Engage nightmare mode in an arcade game.

Play as a boss in tournament fighters Genesis.

Browse 10 design documents.

Launch a demo playthrough.

Complete the Japanese version of any game.

Just make a coupe of the golds a silver and they could have added some of these.

6 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I think the trophy images look awesome tbh, but why would they have trophy icons for 3 of the brothers but not Michelangelo? Makes no sense lol. 

He was busy, he's a party dude.

• Like 1

I like that the 3 silver trophies are the hardest of the collection...

Also I would like the game to have the option to not rewind or save a state in order to experience the real difficulty terror of these games.

(the terror I loved as a kid for finishing every one of them without cheats etc)

To tell the truth only the NES games are hard all the others are walk in the park(except the tournament fighters (NES edition) which is the only one I have never played)

9 hours ago, ChiefMichigan said:

Small list with a lot of golds but save states and rewinds will make it easier (if you use them) than if they weren't an option. 

This should be a fun game, though I don't know if I'll get the platinum. I'm probably going to get the PS4 physical copy. 

I want to get a physical PS4 copy too, but I doubt it will have a free PS5 upgrade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Klart said:

I want to get a physical PS4 copy too, but I doubt it will have a free PS5 upgrade.

I believe it was confirmed in a question/answer by the manufacturer on Amazon that it does have the free upgrade to PS5.

There is an autoplay option that basically plays through the games for you, you can jump in and take controll at any time.  No confirmation one way or the other yet, but it likely will let you earn trophies that way.  Just jump in at the last boss. You'd think each trophy would say it would if it doesn't allow it.

Also the menus for each game have some customisation options, like extra lives or starting stage select.  

It might not be all that hard to finish the harder games as it was back in the day.

Edited by Snake2410