Trophy Thoughts

Tips on the fighting games. For the NES game, you can use the watch mode trick. See above.

For the SNES and Genesis games, watch mode doesn't work as the dude playing doesn't select the right option for the achievement/trophy. So you'll have to play them.

For SNES, leave the default difficulty and just try beating it. No tips really. Just spam that rewind and it's pretty easy.

For Genesis, you have to set the difficulty to MAX. Then, as mentioned above, you can just press start on a second controller on each fight, select that character that you're fighting, beat him and you'll get credit. Repeat. Make sure to have set the option for playable bosses ON so you can still do this with the Triceratops guy and Krang. As far as when I tried it, you cannot do this with Karai herself. No Player 2 challenging allowed. So you have to fight her. Best tip I found is, select Manta Ray guy and spam crouching kick and crouching+forward kick (slide), the AI will never block this. And of course, spam rewind!

Edited by el_panel0n
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, el_panel0n said:

Tips on the fighting games. For the NES game, you can use the watch mode trick. See above.

For the SNES and Genesis games, watch mode doesn't work as the dude playing doesn't select the right option for the achievement/trophy. So you'll have to play them.

For SNES, leave the default difficulty and just try beating it. No tips really. Just spam that rewind and it's pretty easy.

For Genesis, you have to set the difficulty to MAX. Then, as mentioned above, you can just press start on a second controller on each fight, select that character that you're fighting, beat him and you'll get credit. Repeat. Make sure to have set the option for playable bosses ON so you can still do this with the Triceratops guy and Krang. Is far as when I tried it, you cannot do this with Karai herself. No Player 2 challenging allowed. So you have to fight her. Best tip I found is, select Manta Ray guy and spam crouching kick and crouching+forward kick (slide), the AI will never block this. And of course, spam rewind!

You can also beat her really easy by getting her to jump over you into your corner and then hold towards her while spamming punch up close as she lands to throw her.  Keep holding toward her and hitting punch and you'll basically keep throwing her without her being able to do anything.  Works great with Leo, but not sure about others.

Edited by Snake2410

8 minutes ago, DeviantKrato said:

Does anyone know how to get the 3 tournament fighter trophies. I tried watch then jump in, save, quit, then start the game again but no trophies will pop. Much appreciated if anyone can help me

For the N ver you can use the watch glitch to unlock that trophy.

SN ver you have to have do it yourself since the watch mode play the tournament mode and not the story mode. Keep the difficulty on 3 and beat it to get the trophy.

G ver you have to do it on max difficulty as the watch mode only does it on 4 difficulty. Abuse rewind and try to go for throws.

I watched a Retro Rebound review of this and he mentioned that there was a God Mode you could enable which with selecting the final level on a game meant you can just rush it with 1 hit kills and it still gave you the trophy too. Along with the Watch Mode trick, seems like there are a lot of potential workarounds.

8 hours ago, The_Kopite said:

I watched a Retro Rebound review of this and he mentioned that there was a God Mode you could enable which with selecting the final level on a game meant you can just rush it with 1 hit kills and it still gave you the trophy too. Along with the Watch Mode trick, seems like there are a lot of potential workarounds.

There are.  You can even fast forward in watch mode to the end to make it faster.  It's a Platinum that currently can take as little as 1 to 2 hours if you take advantage of everything available.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RayCrocheron82 said:

I'm not sure the "watch" feature works with the first TMNT (NES). I tried multiple times to and it didnt work. I might have to do this legit. It's okay. At least I know how to beat the water level now. I did the watch thing 6 times, so I know the route.

I did it normally but the watch feature from reading previous posts you jump into watch mode then fast-forward till bosses are nearly dead then take control of the game then save the game then quit the game and then load the game back up, and it should work. Scroll back on this thread, It's where I have seen this info.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BodyChipper said:

Sorry if this was answered, I didn't see it in as many words, but does turning off/on enhancements prevent trophies from popping?

I want to play some of the co op titles w my 6 yr old so having things like infinite lives would help her.

It sounds like you can according to this gamefaqs thread. People mentioned stage select and God mode still popped trophies. Haven’t tried enhancements much so can’t tell ya but it looks ok! Have fun playing this with your little one! I’ll be doing that with mine this weekend ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NMErickson said:

It sounds like you can according to this gamefaqs thread. People mentioned stage select and God mode still popped trophies. Haven’t tried enhancements much so can’t tell ya but it looks ok! Have fun playing this with your little one! I’ll be doing that with mine this weekend 1f60c.png

I used enhancements for every game and every trophy popped just fine.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

I did it normally but the watch feature from reading previous posts you jump into watch mode then fast-forward till bosses are nearly dead then take control of the game then save the game then quit the game and then load the game back up, and it should work. Scroll back on this thread, It's where I have seen this info.

Hmmm...I'll try that and get right back to ya. However, I'm still gonna best the first TMNT legit. It's a game that haunted me since I was 9. That damn water stage and time limit. Now that I'm 40, I need to complete this for ME. ?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RayCrocheron82 said:

Hmmm...I'll try that and get right back to ya. However, I'm still gonna best the first TMNT legit. It's a game that haunted me since I was 9. That damn water stage and time limit. Now that I'm 40, I need to complete this for ME. 1f602.png

Good for you, I had a blast with it such a throwback, and it was a learning curve as a kid back when alot of games were Hard and cheap as well if we are being honest, so good luck and get it beaten now you're more experienced as a gamer ha ha.

Also fuck that water level would not have been so bad if it had more time available, then again, who am I kidding you could easily die very quickly because of how cheap it was and having to be in the perfect pixel frame to not get hit.

Edited by TheRetroManiac
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

Good for you, I had a blast with it such a throwback, and it was a learning curve as a kid back when alot of games were Hard and cheap as well if we are being honest, so good luck and get it beaten now you're more experienced as a gamer ha ha.

Also fuck that water level would not have been so bad if it had more time available, then again, who am I kidding you could easily die very quickly because of how cheap it was and having to be in the perfect pixel frame to not get hit.

Absolutely. I did master the water level finally. It's been over 30 years and I've finally done it. I must have gotten lucky. I ended up beating the game and earning the trophy. 

Now as far as the other trophies, I did exactly what you said and got the trophies. I didn't earn them though. ? I finally got the plat. I wanna go back and replay the games that I didn't earn the trophies in and beat them legit. That would be 2 GB titles and the NES version of Tournament Fighters. Anyway, I appreciate the assistance. ???

On 8/31/2022 at 11:12 AM, el_panel0n said:

For Genesis, you have to set the difficulty to MAX. Then, as mentioned above, you can just press start on a second controller on each fight, select that character that you're fighting, beat him and you'll get credit. Repeat. Make sure to have set the option for playable bosses ON so you can still do this with the Triceratops guy and Krang. As far as when I tried it, you cannot do this with Karai herself. No Player 2 challenging allowed. So you have to fight her. Best tip I found is, select Manta Ray guy and spam crouching kick and crouching+forward kick (slide), the AI will never block this. And of course, spam rewind!

thanks for this. I hate the Tournament Fighters games so much that I wrote off the plat at 80%, just didn’t want to do it. Saw so many people complain about the Genesis one. 

this made it so simple. I beat her in less than 30 seconds spamming that crouching kick. It was so simple. Plat 202!

On 03/09/2022 at 4:10 AM, RayCrocheron82 said:

Absolutely. I did master the water level finally. It's been over 30 years and I've finally done it. I must have gotten lucky. I ended up beating the game and earning the trophy. 

Now as far as the other trophies, I did exactly what you said and got the trophies. I didn't earn them though. 1f625.png I finally got the plat. I wanna go back and replay the games that I didn't earn the trophies in and beat them legit. That would be 2 GB titles and the NES version of Tournament Fighters. Anyway, I appreciate the assistance. 1f60e.png1f44d-1f3fe.png

Nice one I was in the same boat as you, I had not beaten it when I was younger either, so it was a great feeling beating it after all these years and what a collection it is just goes to show many old games can have collections like these, and they deserve it and some people do refuse to buy older consoles. It's not an issue for me as I have all the old systems, but it's just more convenient it being on a newer system. Congrats on beating it and good luck with the other games 1f44d-1f3fe.png

Edited by TheRetroManiac

On 8/31/2022 at 10:12 AM, el_panel0n said:

For the Genesis version If you don't have a 2nd controller, just enable playable bosses and then choose Karai as your character. Make sure speed and power is set to 8 and rounds is set to 1. Just spam kicks (X button) and throws and use rewind of course and you should beat all the fighters with little effort.

For the SNES version, use Donatello and spam his triangle punch move until you get to Karai and then for that fight spam his square punch move.

Edited by lordzeze