Trophy Thoughts

41 minutes ago, Paid-In-Full- said:

These 2 fighting games absolutely fucking suck ,did anyone actually enjoy playing them when they came out?

They are no Street Fighter II, but weren't too bad back in the day, remember in ye old 90s, there was Street Fighter II, Eternal Champions, Mortal Kombat, barely any 1 on 1 fighters.

I'd have way preferred another scrolling beat-em-up but hey ho, when Street Fighter II became a success every man and his dog was becoming a 1 on 1 fighter, even Golden Axe and Double Dragon joined the 1 on 1 band wagon....

21 hours ago, Paid-In-Full- said:

These 2 fighting games absolutely fucking suck ,did anyone actually enjoy playing them when they came out?

I enjoyed the SNES version back when it came out.  Used to rent it all the time.  I'm pretty sure I beat it on at least 3 for story back then too.  Took some work, but having done it twice in the collection now (PS4 & PS5) my old skills semi came back to me lol.  

Apologies if this has been discussed, but is there any way to cheese the tournament fighters games? I suck at fighting games and really can't be bothered to learn how to play these ancient fighting games lol 

If not, I'll just have to git gud, but hoping there's an easy way to cheese these? 

3 hours ago, danistheguy said:

Apologies if this has been discussed, but is there any way to cheese the tournament fighters games? I suck at fighting games and really can't be bothered to learn how to play these ancient fighting games lol 

If not, I'll just have to git gud, but hoping there's an easy way to cheese these? 

on the megadrive/genesis version it has to be on the hardest setting. you can set it to 1 round wins (which helps) but it can become quite trivial to do if you choose casey jones.

He's got a bomb special move (down triangle). I saw a pro fighter playing this game and he called that move "one of the most busted moves in fighting game history". WHen you start using it you'll see why he says it. it can defeat opponents in 2-3 clean hits & it's got a pretty big radius (though be careful it can hurt you as badly). on the hardest settings, the cpu aggressively reads your inputs to try prevent damage from special moves. So when you place the bomb, the cpu will often stop moving to try avoid it. but the radius is so large that you can just lay it far away enough that they don't move, but close enough to be caught in the large radius. if it go wrong (you get caught in the blast, they attack you etc) just spam rewind till you can hit them.

for snes, select maximum speed (enhancements in collections game select menu). set the timer to 30 seconds per round, you don't need to empty their health, just do more damage. then choose story, then donatello.

you want to abuse rewind to essentially turn the tables & read the cpu's inputs, then counter appropriately. e.g. if they hit you with a flying kick, rewind, then hit with an aerial punch move as they try to flying kick you, which will hit first. (may require trial & error to get the timing right) or if they hit you with a special move, rewind & dodge it. if you can't dodge an attack or you end up in a combo, just rewind further, they often read your inputs so eg, if you jump towards them which results in you trapped in a combo, rewind to before you jumped, don't jump and just walk towards them & try a ground attack. 

move wise, all you need to do are flying kicks/punches, and his 2 specials that require you mash punch buttons (one is mash heavy punch, one for light punch) you'll primarily use the heavy mash attack (triangle) to do a spinning move with his bo staff, it's got decent reach & on the faster speed it's very good at anti air. try mixing it up with mashing square (it does a ehonda style jabbing if the triangle one fails to hit) again just spam rewind till they get hit & you don't.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2022 at 11:56 AM, danistheguy said:

On the Genesis version you can use a second controller to join in and pick the same character you're fighting against on the same location, and beat them, to skip fighting them as AI.  If you turn on boss selection in enhancements before entering the game you can skip the first two bosses that way too.

1 hour ago, Longview01 said:

I'll take things that are completely wrong for $100

If you'd wanted a NeoGeo and Fatal Fury, you'd definitely need more than $100! :)

[edit] Oh wait, I think Fatal Fury actually was available on the Genesis at that time period lol

Edited by enaysoft

23 minutes ago, ziggypop_79 said:

I may sound like a dummy, but does anyone have any advice for beating TMNT Arcade NES solo since the continues send you back to the start?

They send you only back to the beginning of the level though?

If you are desperate you can just spam rewind each time you get hit. That is probably your best route.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 9:06 AM, ziggypop_79 said:

I may sound like a dummy, but does anyone have any advice for beating TMNT Arcade NES solo since the continues send you back to the start?

I suggest you play Japanese version of the game, 'cos you can "kill" any type of Foot Soldier with just one flying kick (jump then press attack). In Western version you need 2+ flying kicks to kill an enemy. Also you can spam special attack (press jump+attack). It can kill Mousers & any type of Foot Soldiers with just one hit & it DOESN'T decrease your health (unlike TMNTIII: The Manhattan Project). Hope this helps.

Edited by kenseizenkai
  • Like 1