Terror Zones coming soon? (better leveling)

ThatDrunkGuy

At the moment, it looks like this will be for strictly online play. Even with the inherent risks of online play (disconnects, lack of backing up save files) I will still think that using Terror Zones is the absolute best way to get to level 99 now. Hopefully, they can soon patch them into the offline single player experience. I'm considering participating in the next ladder season as a HC Necromancer. Given the risks of online play, I think a Necro might be the safest character class to try and get to level 99 using the Terror Zones online. All in all, I think this is a fantastic patch for anyone trying to go for the D2R platinum.

Edited by Vextens

On 2022/8/26 at 10:40 AM, steel6burgh said:

How many hours would it take to platinum this game about?  If you have a system crash while playing offline does that ruin everything or can you make use of back up saves for offline play?

it would take about 200+h to get the plat trophy.(about 10k diablo runs with 7 pp)

On 8/25/2022 at 10:51 PM, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Yeah, the benefit of offline characters is you have a backup save in case something goes wrong...online characters wouldn't be affected by your system crashing(but if you die it's over). Time to plat will change with this mode I'm sure, but others have posted completion times.

Can you back up saves on ps5?

6 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Can you back up saves on ps5?

Yeah, just turn off auto-sync for this game first...then you can control the uploads/downloads.

There is a little hope for single player Terror Zones, but it sounds a bit slim. I think it's from a Bliz guy on Reddit.

"Correct. Just MP only. We may add it to SP in the future but right now we want to nail down numbers in MP as MP numbers =/= SP and isn’t just a copy pasta like people suggest. We have more ability of tweaking MP on the fly as well while SP is a bit more baked in.

But yes, we do hear people wanting it in SP – We will try to get there."

23 minutes ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Yeah, just turn off auto-sync for this game first...then you can control the uploads/downloads.

There is a little hope for single player Terror Zones, but it sounds a bit slim. I think it's from a Bliz guy on Reddit.

"Correct. Just MP only. We may add it to SP in the future but right now we want to nail down numbers in MP as MP numbers =/= SP and isn’t just a copy pasta like people suggest. We have more ability of tweaking MP on the fly as well while SP is a bit more baked in.

But yes, we do hear people wanting it in SP – We will try to get there."

i'll get there when they do.

• 4 weeks later...

Patch today added Terror Zones...looks like you need to defeat Baal first on current difficulty to create a game with them(you can probably still join others games though). I think that means saving the Ancients for the last level won't work, but the trade-off looks good. Loot drops at these new monster levels...the current monster level of the affected zone now shows in the top corner of the screen.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JunkSkelington said:

the ability to backup saves and set the game to 8 players at will makes offline still the far superior choice to grind to 99. 

I'll agree those are awesome(and duping on PS4), but with Terror Zones you're not locked into just grinding the same things over and over. The bonus XP on multiple maps, monsters always at your level, and the loot dropping at the highest treasure class after a certain point...makes for a good alternative. Hopefully, after they run the numbers next season it will get added to solo for best of both worlds.

It was nice leveling up my Barb to level 76 in the safety of nightmare, and getting decent loot along the way.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On 8.11.2022 at 7:53 PM, Entrepreneur9535 said:

Any Plans they will add Terror zones to offline sp?

I have to check out where I found it, but if I remember correctly the developers wanted to add it in singleplayer but they still didn't know how exactly they wanted to do it. So my guess will be that if they will add it this won't be before 3-4 months from now. 

Edited by Afura_33

• 2 weeks later...

https://maxroll.gg/d2/tierlists/terror-zone-tier-list

That's a TZ tier list that shows the best zone for your element. Perfect for me since I'm taking the long term and safe approach. A couple zones a day and I reload if I don't like an enemy type.

If you're going for speed other options may be better since the zones rotate by hour...but i'm sure someone online or here has done the calculations. Streamers got to 99 in this ladder within a couple days I think...

Edited by ThatDrunkGuy