Does Splintercell Blacklist has a [CH] version?

In order to get the Splintercell franchise 100% on trophies I recently bought Blacklist on 2nd hand.

However, as the game is on my hands, I have tried to play with my friend but to my surprise, connection always fails. Turns out the game is from [CH] region, Chequia I suppose, while my friend's is [EU], europe. I tried searching for this version online but found nothing so I contacted Ubisoft Support about this and to my desbelief, they have never heard about this version of the game either!

The game's box has nothing that suggests that it may be from another region, as it is all in English as the EU version. I'm making this article to seek for help as I'm running short on time for the trophies and to see if anyone has this version that knows something that can help me, or even help me get the trophies.

Thanks

CH normally stands for China. You will know if your copy is from the EU, because it will have either a BBFC, PEGI or USK rating on the box, if it doesn't have any of those, it's not European. An ESRB rating means it's from the US, an OFC rating means it's from Australia, CERO is from Japan, a Game Rating and Administration Committee rating is from South Korea and a RARS rating is from Russia. All other regions use IARC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

CH normally stands for China. You will know if your copy is from the EU, because it will have either a BBFC, PEGI or USK rating on the box, if it doesn't have any of those, it's not European. An ESRB rating means it's from the US, an OFC rating means it's from Australia, CERO is from Japan, a Game Rating and Administration Committee rating is from South Korea and a RARS rating is from Russia. All other regions use IARC.

CH stands for Switzerland. CN is china.

@Hugo_Gamer1-2006just ask your friend if he can buy you a copy, or at least he could tell you which version he has exactly.

• Like 3

Thanks you for your response. The game is listed 18+ by PEGI, so I it is european. However, when I insert the disk on my PS3 it will show the game's name and [CH] on front. I'll send a picture. I also thought of [CH] as China, however, in the game's menus there are only 3 languages avaliable, to which I'll cite: English, Čestina, Magyar.

Uppon a search on google, Čestina redirected me to Chequia and Magyar to Hungria.

• Like 2

Me and my friend are from the same country, Portugal. We both bought it in 2nd hand, but mine is CH. So, if CH stands for Switzerland, shouldn't it have french as a language as well? Because I think they speak french there right??

Just now, Hugo_Gamer1-2006 said:

Me and my friend are from the same country, Portugal. We both bought it in 2nd hand, but mine is CH. So, if CH stands for Switzerland, shouldn't it have french as a language as well? Because I think they speak french there right??

They speak French, Italian, Romansh or German, depending on the region.

Exactly, so shouldn't it have all those languages? Besides that, what are these weird languages? I have never heard in my life Cestina or Magyar.

Do you have the game, or know anyone with it with this version? I'm looking for the online trophies, and this just made that much much harder.

2 minutes ago, Hugo_Gamer1-2006 said:

Exactly, so shouldn't it have all those languages? Besides that, what are these weird languages? I have never heard in my life Cestina or Magyar.

Do you have the game, or know anyone with it with this version? I'm looking for the online trophies, and this just made that much much harder.

I don't own a copy of this game so can't check it myself :(.

1 hour ago, Hugo_Gamer1-2006 said:

Thanks you for your response. The game is listed 18+ by PEGI, so I it is european. However, when I insert the disk on my PS3 it will show the game's name and [CH] on front. I'll send a picture. I also thought of [CH] as China, however, in the game's menus there are only 3 languages avaliable, to which I'll cite: English, Čestina, Magyar.

Uppon a search on google, Čestina redirected me to Chequia and Magyar to Hungria.

Hi Hugo, I bought a second-hand copy of the game from eBay in the UK. My version has [CH] after it as well, which I assumed meant Swiss/Switzerland.

I bought DLC for it from the UK Store the other day and it works fine.

I've been playing coop with a guy in Iran who has a US PSN account. We tried to play the other night and we couldn't because I had DLC missions installed. When I deleted them, we were able to play together immediately.

There should be no reason why you shouldn't be able to connect with your friend otherwise. As far as I know, the only difference between any of the games on PS3 is potentially DLC being locked to a specific region and the save games themselves have the code of the game that are specific to the region (e.g. NA, EU, JP, AS) as the folders. As an added complication, some digital versions have another code that normally starts with NPEB in the EU but I am not aware of any games that aren't compatible with DLC if they are the same game digitally or on disc.

All EU versions will have the same code, I am sure - BLES-01879 - this is a useful site for these things: https://serialstation.com/titles/BLES/01879

So just make sure that you don't have the DLC installed and you should be able to play together. If you delete the DLC game data, it seems to keep weapons and cosmetics, it just stops you playing together if you have the extra Grim and Kobin missions installed. Deleting the game data for the DLC in the XMB removes the DLC missions only, and then you are fine.

I hope this helps, let me know if I can help further.

Edited by baboon_overlord

You have no idea how much more relieved I am after hearing that. Well, my internet works just fine as I have the same NAT type as him and it's very decent. With that info I'll try to reinstall the game and see if it works.

Btw is that Heisenberg on your pfc?

Hello! Thanks for your response!

I think you may be just right! Even though I haven't bought any DLC, I saw when I was entering the game a screen verifying the DLC. I'll check it out and come back with a feedback. Thanks again.

I have reinstalled the game and when I enter, it says validating DLC, I think it may be it, but how do I uninstall it? I have not installed anything of this game that I can remember. I have some Raven stuff on character costumization though. I think it is really the DLC, but I have no idea how I desable it...

I have now checked on my PSN and have no DLC bought or installed. Is it possible that the CD has a DLC? Or that my Uplay account gave me some bonus due to me playing other SC games?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hugo_Gamer1-2006 said:

I have reinstalled the game and when I enter, it says validating DLC, I think it may be it, but how do I uninstall it? I have not installed anything of this game that I can remember. I have some Raven stuff on character costumization though. I think it is really the DLC, but I have no idea how I desable it...

I have now checked on my PSN and have no DLC bought or installed. Is it possible that the CD has a DLC? Or that my Uplay account gave me some bonus due to me playing other SC games?

Hey Hugo, go into XMB menu > Game > Game Data

Your patches will be under Tom Clancy's Spinter Cell Blacklist {CH}

The DLC will be a separate entry. Delete that one and you should be able to connect.

As I said, all my cosmetic stuff was intact when we were playing the other day (I had custom armour and navy blue lights on my suit). If the two extra DLC missions were installed (contained in the Game Data as described above), it wouldn't let me add my friend and if I joined him, it said we couldn't start a game because he didn't have DLC.

Worst case scenario, just delete everything to do with Blacklist in Game Data (NOT GAME SAVE DATA! ?), download the latest version and try that.

I don't think there was anything other than the game itself, but I'll check again tomorrow. Do you still have the game? If you do would you just join in to see if it works with you? I don't want to play, just to check the source of the problem...

Btw, do you know if the story progress influences the online? As I have only played SC(1) so far, I haven't touched the story yet, so is it possible that the game locks the online until some progression on the story?

Thanks anyways

4 hours ago, Hugo_Gamer1-2006 said:

I don't think there was anything other than the game itself, but I'll check again tomorrow. Do you still have the game? If you do would you just join in to see if it works with you? I don't want to play, just to check the source of the problem...

Hi Hugo, I can quickly connect sometime tomorrow afternoon/early evening with you to see if you can connect with me, sure. I'm working on the Platinum right now and was playing the online coop with a friend the night before last.

Btw, do you know if the story progress influences the online? As I have only played SC(1) so far, I haven't touched the story yet, so is it possible that the game locks the online until some progression on the story?

Thanks anyways

The campaign is single player only but all the 4th Echelon side missions can be played coop. The only ones you HAVE to play coop are the Briggs missions. You will need to get the collectables in those if you want the Platinum, and getting them solo is going to be tricky - especially on the last mission. Beyond that they are basically standalone from the campaign.

It would make sense that the Kobin missions are locked if you haven't started the story but I don't know about the others as I have played this game in a slightly weird order (due to the server shutdown) and with a two year gap. Maybe play the campaign Prologue mission (it's a quick tutorial mission) and see if that helps. 

5 hours ago, Hugo_Gamer1-2006 said:

I sent you a friend request, whenever you're avaliable to try this out say something.

Thanks for earlier Hugo. sorry we couldn't get it working. Very weird.

Just to reiterate, the collectables are Dead Drops, Laptops and High Value Targets (HVTs). When you pick up a Dead Drop or hack a Laptop, the game saves immediately. For HTVs you need to get to the next checkpoint for them to save. It would be much better to get the collectables for the Briggs missions done in online coop (it's a superior experience) but you could still get them on split screen solo with two controllers when the servers switch off or with another player locally. They won't become unobtainable.

If you don't have time to get them all and getting some solo is hard, the DLC has two extra missions/maps - one for Grim and one for Kobin. My understanding is that these also count for the collectable trophies and they give you three collectables per map - i.e. 1 x HVT, 1 x Dead Drop and 1 x Laptop per DLC mission - so six extra of all types in total.

Hope this helps.

Hello. I have bought the digital version as you mentioned and you won't f believe it. It doesn't work. I guess the problem is on my internet but where?? It works just fine on everysingle other game, it's NAT Type 2 and decent speeds. This is driving me crazy. I'm such an unlucky dude with these things. Ubisoft doesn't answer me and I can't seem to get the problem fixed or even get close to it. I'm near quiting right now tbh. Servers shutdown always f with me, happened in Uncharted 2 and will happen again on Blacklist by the looks of it. Anyways, thanks for your time mate. If you have any sugggestion just drop it,I am out of ideas...

17 hours ago, Hugo_Gamer1-2006 said:

Hello. I have bought the digital version as you mentioned and you won't f believe it. It doesn't work. I guess the problem is on my internet but where?? It works just fine on everysingle other game, it's NAT Type 2 and decent speeds. This is driving me crazy. I'm such an unlucky dude with these things. Ubisoft doesn't answer me and I can't seem to get the problem fixed or even get close to it. I'm near quiting right now tbh. Servers shutdown always f with me, happened in Uncharted 2 and will happen again on Blacklist by the looks of it. Anyways, thanks for your time mate. If you have any sugggestion just drop it,I am out of ideas...

Hi Hugo, this is really weird, sorry my friend.

All I can suggest is resetting your router.

Also try signing out of PSN, loading the game and then signing into PSN in the game itself.

I haven't found anyone on PS3 having the same issue after searching online, but this seems to have been a common problem on PC. Sorry I can't help further.

Hey. I appreciate a lot your help and your time.

I already got it to work this afternoon. After several tries with the ethernet cable on different router ports, resetting and all of that I tried using a different internet. I picker my movel router and connected it to my pc and then I shared internet through my PC to PS3 with an ethernet cable (all of this because my bluetooth chip is malfunctioning so only cable connections work). Turns out I was able to actually get on a lobby. What before ended up on a softlock with this method has placed me on a lobby looking for teammates. I haven't tried with anyone yet as my friend was not avaliable but I figured that it should work. I'm now very happy and excited to finally play, altough with terrible internet speed which Will provably lag a lot.

Thanks to everybody that took their time to help me figure out this puzzle. You guys know more than the Ubisoft itself lmao.

• Like 1