BioShock Studio Irrational Games Is Shutting Down

Goro

People saying he's selfish, is he really?

This to me sounds like it's more of a 'surrender before you go bust' move. You don't pretty much shut down a studio like that unless things are really bad.

Maybe he was just trying to save face rather than admit to the world that Infinite failed as far as sales go and things had to be downsized.

I'm sure those people out of work will find work again very quickly, as far as I'm aware they're all experienced staff now and having worked on amazing games like Bioshock 1 when a lot of them were still fairly newbie, their credentials will probably outshine a lot of others'. 

I'm also happy that EA or Activision don't have their grubby mitts on it... yet.

Edited by Lion-Lhasa

Wait, how did Infinite bomb in sales? by July 2013 it surpassed 4 million sold units. 

Also c'mon, are people really calling him a ''douche'' for this? if we're going to call him out for laying off people then every studio under the sun are just douches. Those people have Irrational and BioShock stamped on their name, just you putting ''developed by the people behind BioShock'' on a poster or mentioning it in an interview or whatever is extra marketing and attention. Those people will easily find jobs and I hope the best for both parties here.

Edited by HaSoOoN-MHD
  • Like 1